There are 326 users in the forums

Niners sign DT Jordan Elliott

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Fill in the depth and rotation with draft picks. Those contracts and salaries are way cheaper.

So over pay for guys that their own team doesn't want?

look I enjoy FA as much as anyone and what big names…the value overall hasn't been there. IMO this FA class is underwhelming for the most part.
From Ohio so I'm stuck watching Browns games. He is good 4th DT. Better than Givens or Kinlaw.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Brucey72:
From Ohio so I'm stuck watching Browns games. He is good 4th DT. Better than Givens or Kinlaw.

That's all I need to know. lol

Originally posted by Koldo:
Can't wait for Lombardi's positive spin on this signing.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
stud DL is a bit rich. hardly a starter, he had 700 snaps year 3, and 444 in his walk year. He's on the field 42%. Starter in name only. They don't have DTs in CLE so this was a young guy given a chance to nail down a role. He didn't do much with that chance tbh. On the field about the same as Maurice Hurst.

Not a stud, but base down player.

what do you mean they don't have DTs in CLE? Harris and Tomlinson. Smith would kick in a play 3 tech as well.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Originally posted by Kolohe:

And that's what he was paid to do. My god people lol. Ya'll acting like he's suppose to be Hardgrave or AA just because
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Not a stud, but base down player.

what do you mean they don't have DTs in CLE? Harris and Tomlinson. Smith would kick in a play 3 tech as well.

32 y/o Shelby Harris lol, and go back to 2022, who did they have, no one
32 y/o Shelby Harris lol, and go back to 2022, who did they have, no one

Who do we have again?

Maiocco: "The DT problem is solved!"

Originally posted by NCommand:

Lol 😂
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

HA
32 y/o Shelby Harris lol, and go back to 2022? Why? I'm talking about last season.

They had all the players I just said lol. Hence why I said their names. That Shelby Harris stinks now? People in the FA thread wanted to sign him lol.

im not saying Jordan Elliott is some high end stud. Clearly he's not. He's also coming off a rookie contract and can improve. He's a rotational DT which is what his contract shows. Jesus man
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 12, 2024 at 2:43 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

And that's what he was paid to do. My god people lol. Ya'll acting like he's suppose to be Hardgrave or AA just because

Agreed. People are obsessed with names. You can't have 53 studs on a team. Gross- Matos, Floyd, and Elliott are rotation players. None are expected to play 70% of the snaps.
Share 49ersWebzone