There are 290 users in the forums

Niners sign DT Jordan Elliott

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Can't wait for Lombardi's positive spin on this signing.

No issues here but dudes like this are pretty much free if you wait 2 weeks.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 12, 2024 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
32 y/o Shelby Harris lol, and go back to 2022? Why? I'm talking about last season.

They had all the players I just said lol. Hence why I said their names. That Shelby Harris stinks now? People in the FA thread wanted to sign him lol.

im not saying Jordan Elliott is some high end stud. Clearly he's not. He's also coming off a rookie contract and can improve. He's a rotational DT which is what his contract shows. Jesus man

I was responded to a post that said he was a stud, we agree here, he's a rotational piece
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Agreed. People are obsessed with names. You can't have 53 studs on a team. Gross- Matos, Floyd, and Elliott are rotation players. None are expected to play 70% of the snaps.

Its ridiculous. Look I would love to sign every big name and say we're set. Facts are prior to the Warner restructuring we had no cap space to speak of. It's not like we're the panthers or DC with stupid amounts of money to overpay players their own teams aren't trying to resign.

only reason guys like Bosa/Mack are even an options was because they would have been cut and still making a ton of cash from their other team.

Gotta be honest… the only thing even close to a homer take in that tweet is that the team likely views him as an ascending player (which is hopefully true).

Described him as a player who could eat snaps and was a part of a good DL in Cleveland. Yall need to take a breath, lol.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
No issues here but dudes like this are pretty much free if you wait 2 weeks.

Lynch: "FA value is in the eye of the beholder"
Lynch and KS suck.
Originally posted by father49er:
rotational player. how does he compare to kinlaw?

Kinlaw's PFF rating for run defense was 37 - terrrible.

Elliott was 45 - not quite terrible.

Kinlaw had a fair edge as a pass rusher.
[ Edited by dj43 on Mar 12, 2024 at 3:01 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
I don't understand these low tier players that get a good chunk of cash.

Example: Elliot 5mil/yr, Odom 5 mil, Gross-Matos 9 mil.
19 mil there where you could actually get a stud

It's called a rotation and not just 2 good pass rushers. We need depth, especially if we have injuries and to try and keep our guys fresh for the playoffs.

this guy seems like a good run blocker too, which we desperately need.

Fill in the depth and rotation with draft picks. Those contracts and salaries are way cheaper.

You realize that we have no real idea what the deals look like, also Odum is a ST Stud, and what Stud could we get for $19M a yr, Bryce Huff? Don't say Danielle Hunter, he wants apparently $30M a yr, Burns got $30M a yr, Hunt $20M a yr, Wilkins $27.5M a yr, did you expect them to sign a big name just cause the fanbase whines every year about them not signing big names, these teams will regret these deals, don't overpay for the sake of f**king overpaying.

The ironic thing is, if we signed Floyd to that deal...say 3 weeks from now...everyone would be so happy and saying what a value signing it is! As much as I wanted Robert Hunt, $20 mil a year would have been tough. Even Onwenu got $19 mil a year. I knew last year that Burns was going to want waaaay too much, since the Panthers said he was wanting $25-27 mil per year on an extension. I hadn't heard Hunter was wanting $30 mil, but wow. The only big name I really have an interest in now is Khalil Mack - and that is dependent on the Chargers releasing him, and him taking a lower contract to actually play for a winning team for once.

Gotta be honest… the only thing even close to a homer take in that tweet is that the team likely views him as an ascending player (which is hopefully true).

Described him as a player who could eat snaps and was a part of a good DL in Cleveland. Yall need to take a breath, lol.

You described a guy you could of had for the vet min. in a month,
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Boom
Originally posted by Jcool:
You described a guy you could of had for the vet min. in a month,

That's Lombardi's description. Thanks though.

ascending is a tad comical. He lost hundreds of snaps from 2022 to 2023.
Originally posted by pd24:

Boom

The list includes Soloman Thomas. List invalid.
Share 49ersWebzone