There are 226 users in the forums

Niners sign DT Jordan Elliott

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Brucey72:

His 45.2 run defense grade on PFF ranked 105th out of 137 interior defenders missed 13.0% of his tackling attempts.

I don't think the NFL cares about PFF grades.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Kocurek continues to win FA every year and draft.

And then there's Foerster. The red headed step child.

The 49ers addressing the DL and forgetting the OL and Kyle Shanahan blowing super bowls will forever be a 49er staple.

The 49er Way.

It takes lots of self scouting.

At least we're consistent
DL brick by DL brick
Originally posted by glorydayz:

His 45.2 run defense grade on PFF ranked 105th out of 137 interior defenders missed 13.0% of his tackling attempts.

I don't think the NFL cares about PFF grades.

Okay.
Originally posted by DoseOfBosa:

haha no way he's a starter

MM is dumb

We'll see what their plan is, but he did start 31 of 34 games the last two years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElliJo02.htm
Not overly impressed with the signing. But he did play 41% of snaps on the #1 defense in the league that happens to run a similar scheme up front. Should be a quality rotational piece at worst.
If he started for the Browns, who were a top D, then he should be good right? Their run D was legit iirc
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Agreed. People are obsessed with names. You can't have 53 studs on a team. Gross- Matos, Floyd, and Elliott are rotation players. None are expected to play 70% of the snaps.

Other than Floyd these are basically replacement level guys but they're being paid considerably better than that. Is a guy like Elliott really that much better than a DT that is going to get paid $2-3 mil a week from now?

This just further reiterates that they need to do a much better job in the draft because rotational guys are what you should be pulling in the 4th, 5th and 6th rounds so you don't have to blow millions on average to below average players in FA.

Exactly.

Esp. now. You can pick up the Suh's of the world 15 minutes before a Superbowl. Draft and develop well and stock up on cheap veterans on the DL in a massively oversaturated market.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I feel like that this FA period will either make them look like geniuses or fools who overpaid for subpar players. Elliott is another bust like Gross-Matos.

Who is actually in charge of player personnel? That's usually the guy tasked with finding FA's. Man those numbers re pretty sad

Fools use Pff as gospel. There are many other factors involved.
Originally posted by Silky:
If he started for the Browns, who were a top D, then he should be good right? Their run D was legit iirc

Started 14 games and played 42% of the snaps. For comparison Javon Kinlaw started 6 games and played 44% of the snaps.

• titan
  • Veteran
From Ohio so I'm stuck watching Browns games. He is good 4th DT. Better than Givens or Kinlaw.

TY.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Lynch and KS suck.

Yes until they win a Super Bowl then I am getting bobble heads of both and putting them on my Christmas hearth with milk and cookies
Originally posted by titan:
From Ohio so I'm stuck watching Browns games. He is good 4th DT. Better than Givens or Kinlaw.

TY.

my condolences, I understand your frustration
Started 14 games and played 42% of the snaps. For comparison Javon Kinlaw started 6 games and played 44% of the snaps.

Javon much less reliable confirmed.

I pray your post doesn't mean what I think you think it means, lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Javon much less reliable confirmed.

I pray your post doesn't mean what I think you think it means, lol.

Share 49ersWebzone