There are 288 users in the forums

ALERT! It's Time to Change THAT s**tTY f**kING LOGO!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Was there a CHANGE in OWNERSHIP between 5 - 0 and 0 - 3 in the Super Bowl?

I mean, Eddie is the one who screwed up and lost the team. It stayed in the family, where he presumably still has some say or at least an opinion.

Both Harbaugh and Shanahan teams cant finish in big games. Not sure what ownership could have done for a different outcome.

He was set to have get it back but Denise and the Yorks got greedy and wouldn't give it back and Eddie D didn't want to start a family feud and go through the legal battle.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Permanently get rid of all gold on the team's uniforms….they don't deserve it until they win another 🏆.

Ignore the new alternate helmet rule. THEY DON'T DESERVE TO WEAR ANY GOLD until Swift is wiped off the face of the earth. And Mahomes…

I like this look

Me too, always have.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Permanently get rid of all gold on the team's uniforms….they don't deserve it until they win another 🏆.

Ignore the new alternate helmet rule. THEY DON'T DESERVE TO WEAR ANY GOLD until Swift is wiped off the face of the earth. And Mahomes…

I like this look

Me too, always have.

I like this look as well. I think partially due to the helmets back in 1994 looking paler/matte compared to the shiny/metallic gold we've used since 96. Makes it look similar to that original 1994 look
Silver helmets with red-white-red striping and the old oval "SF" logo was actually worn by the team from 1962-63. *Compared to their other early historical helmets—which were usually logoless and very plain-looking (usually solid red/white/silver/gold colored, with either none or minimal striping, since none of these mattered in the days of B&W television) it's their only helmet from that early era (before they adopted their classic gold helmet in 1964) which would still be recognizably "49ers"-looking if worn in a modernized version today.

^ Even though it might be more historically "accurate", I think it'd be aesthetically a mistake for the team's marketing (like they contemplated a few years back) to instead just go with just a plain-looking 1955-style red helmet if they chose to add an alternate-colored helmet shell like the NFL now allows. IMO, it'd be boring and they'd look like the Chiefs or a college team like Alabama/Oklahoma. Yes, yes…Ohio State blah blah blah…if they go with the silver 1962-63 helms, but hey, at least it still has that pro-style striping and those recognizable red oval "SF" logos.

Just pair the 1962-63 silver helmets with their 1955/1994 throwback/fauxback uniforms and call it a day. Nike (as usual) will probably market it as "White Gold" or something silly, but who cares.

*Complete yearly team uniform history:
https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams&team_id=SF
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Apr 26, 2024 at 1:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone