There are 136 users in the forums

49er sign CB Isaac Yiadom

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by braap49er:
Seems to be good in press coverage. But we don't know the snap count.

I'd like to know more than just that tidbit. It can be misleading. Good that he's good at press coverage but how does he do in everything else?
Originally posted by synigod:

I'd like to know more than just that tidbit. It can be misleading. Good that he's good at press coverage but how does he do in everything else?

Don't look at Lombardis stuff then. Everything he posts is misleading in a way to make them look good for everything
  • pd24
  • Veteran

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/new-orleans-saints-cornerback-isaac-yiadom-visit-washington-commanders

Seems he was solid all around last season.
Originally posted by pd24:

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/new-orleans-saints-cornerback-isaac-yiadom-visit-washington-commanders

500+ snaps last year. Snaps seemed to increase greatly week 11.

71% - 44
86% - 50
98% - 78
98% - 61
100% - 70
84% - 47
36% - 22
  • thl408

It's a yards per rep chart. So what that chart doesn't capture is if he had a bad rep in press coverage, but the QB did not target his WR. In that chart, it lowers his yards per rep even though he may have given up separation.

I saw something that he had his best year last year and was one of the bright spots for the saints. I haven't looked much into him and idk why he was available for cheap. I look at him as depth (maybe nickel?) and special teams.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

I saw something that he had his best year last year and was one of the bright spots for the saints. I haven't looked much into him and idk why he was available for cheap. I look at him as depth (maybe nickel?) and special teams.

Probably because he was a special teamer and backup CB most of his career
He got an opportunity last season and played really well. No track record, so we might have a good player, or maybe not. Also Probably why he only got a 1 year deal
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I did read some saints game twitter comments u ser a PFF tweet about this guy. The knock they had was he doesn't turn his head to locate the ball and that particular game had 2 TDs on him
They love press corners. I can see Luter and this guy battling it out for the outside corner role.

Teams thought they were going to attack this guy as the weak link in that defense and boy were they wrong. This guy shows up on third downs like a mother. He plays well in man coverage. This could be a very, very good signing, going forward for very cheap. If he does well this year we can extend him and our secondary will play more press. What a great low-key signing

Looks good, sounds good. We shall see how he does. Nice pickup.
"Tommy like wingy"
Originally posted by elguapo:
Teams thought they were going to attack this guy as the weak link in that defense and boy were they wrong. This guy shows up on third downs like a mother. He plays well in man coverage. This could be a very, very good signing, going forward for very cheap. If he does well this year we can extend him and our secondary will play more press. What a great low-key signing

Gonna be another E Man type extension after this season I hope
Probably because he was a special teamer and backup CB most of his career
He got an opportunity last season and played really well. No track record, so we might have a good player, or maybe not. Also Probably why he only got a 1 year deal

yes yes,...he'll have to compete
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by elguapo:

Gonna be another E Man type extension after this season I hope

Nice 👍🏻 I just said that same exact thing!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone