There are 194 users in the forums

49er sign CB Isaac Yiadom

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Reports are they think this guy is the starter. But based on what? He hasn't always been a starter with prior teams. I don't mind adding depth. But I don't get the starter thing here.

Based on the year he had last season, and that if he starts it puts Demo in the slot full time. Charvarious Ward hadn't always been a starter either., but we got him as he was ascending. People are hoping for the same with Yiadom.
He and my youngest son went to BC at the same time. He actually came and stayed at our home during a pro workout. Very courteous, affable young man. Hope to see him when we attend the games
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Reports are they think this guy is the starter. But based on what? He hasn't always been a starter with prior teams. I don't mind adding depth. But I don't get the starter thing here.

Based on the same reasons they thought Oliver was our best slot defender last year. Just throwing s**t at the wall to see what sticks. So far this offseason we've addressed the dline and LB units, basically our strongest areas on the roster. Every position of need we've either ignored or found patchwork guys hoping they'll become the next Deion or Reggie White.

the fanbase just eats it up
Originally posted by DrEll:
Based on the same reasons they thought Oliver was our best slot defender last year. Just throwing s**t at the wall to see what sticks. So far this offseason we've addressed the dline and LB units, basically our strongest areas on the roster. Every position of need we've either ignored or found patchwork guys hoping they'll become the next Deion or Reggie White.

Who hurt u

There is some truth to what you said here.

Love the signing, I think he will be a good fit on the team

Are you quoting your alt account again? That desperate?

Based on he's better than Ambry, Luter, and Womack until proven otherwise?
It will play out in camp competition and we are not done adding to the group
Originally posted by NinerTy:
He and my youngest son went to BC at the same time. He actually came and stayed at our home during a pro workout. Very courteous, affable young man. Hope to see him when we attend the games

That's awesome
Originally posted by NinerTy:

Nice

Not sure these concepts are that hard to understand.

The goal is to play DMO at nickel because he excels there. That means with need an outside corner opposite Ward. Ambry Thomas has not shown he is that guy. So we bring in a vet with upside to compete for that spot. I suspect we will also draft a boundary corner.

You are delusional if you did not see that LB was a major need in free agency. Greenlaw might not play this year. He might not ever be the same player. We lost Burks. We absolutely needed a vet LB. Again, wouldn't be a shocker if we also drafted a weak side linebacker.

We lost Ferrel, Gregory, Young, Kinlaw in free agency. Armstead as a cap casualty. Even with them being injured or signed mid-season that's over 2000 snaps played that we need to replace. So of course we're going to sign a starting edge, starting DT, and some depth pieces. Again, wouldn't not be a shocker to add to the group in the draft as well.

Originally posted by scooterhd:
Not sure these concepts are that hard to understand.

The goal is to play DMO at nickel because he excels there. That means with need an outside corner opposite Ward. Ambry Thomas has not shown he is that guy. So we bring in a vet with upside to compete for that spot. I suspect we will also draft a boundary corner.

You are delusional if you did not see that LB was a major need in free agency. Greenlaw might not play this year. He might not ever be the same player. We lost Burks. We absolutely needed a vet LB. Again, wouldn't be a shocker if we also drafted a weak side linebacker.

We lost Ferrel, Gregory, Young, Kinlaw in free agency. Armstead as a cap casualty. Even with them being injured or signed mid-season that's over 2000 snaps played that we need to replace. So of course we're going to sign a starting edge, starting DT, and some depth pieces. Again, wouldn't not be a shocker to add to the group in the draft as well.

Read the article. It answers every one of your questions
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Are you quoting your alt account again? That desperate?

The alt account is more whiny and not so much on the spectrum
Share 49ersWebzone