There are 105 users in the forums

49er sign CB Isaac Yiadom

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Soon everyone on defense is gonna have long dreads.
Originally posted by NinerTy:
He and my youngest son went to BC at the same time. He actually came and stayed at our home during a pro workout. Very courteous, affable young man. Hope to see him when we attend the games

That's really cool, good for him! I hope he succeeds and will earns himself a payday
I'm excited for this kid. Hell, I'm excited about the idea of Lenoir staying inside and focusing on the slot 100%. I'm excited for the competition between this kid, Luter and Womack. And whomever we draft. It looks like we're moving back to those longer CB's outside.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm excited for this kid. Hell, I'm excited about the idea of Lenoir staying inside and focusing on the slot 100%. I'm excited for the competition between this kid, Luter and Womack. And whomever we draft. It looks like we're moving back to those longer CB's outside.

Me too, but still want to add White if possible on a one year deal. We're one injury away from a nightmare again.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Except if he ends up like Oliver, Ambry becomes our starter again and we're left to blame another player instead of coaching if we don't win a SB…
Originally posted by DrEll:

Except if he ends up like Oliver, Ambry becomes our starter again and we're left to blame another player instead of coaching if we don't win a SB…

That's why I'm hopeful we draft a Cb or two this year. Let the best man win mentality.

Hence why Luter and Womack + draft picks will be in competition. And who knows, maybe we add another vet as well.
The little bit I've been able to see on Yiadom is impressive. Excited to see what he does and have more faith in Nick Sorenson and Brandon Staley's defensive pick ups over Steve Wilks picks.

Never again make the mistake of comparing Yiadom to the likes of Oliver or even Ambry (who still has a chance). Don't. EVER. Son!
Yiadom got a 1yr deal worth $3m, $1.125m non guaranteed base salary, $1.375m signing bonus(prorates over 5yrs, so it voids), $400k per game roster bonus, & $100k workout bonus, just a $1.9m cap hit.

Don't get it..nfl live just showed top 4 PD last season with st juste at 15 Ward at 14 then Witherspoon and Williams at 12…. Uh Yiodam had 14 last year
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 19, 2024 at 1:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Don't get it..nfl live just showed top 4 PD last season with st juste at 15 Ward at 14 then Witherspoon and Williams at 12…. Uh Yiodam had 14 last year

It depends on source they're using.

Seems like different places have different numbers.

PFF had Ward lead the NFL with 16 while Yiodam was tied for 5th place with 11.

PFR had Ward at 23 and Yiodam tied for 8th place with 14.

Could be what they consider as qualifier for the stat. I've always thought it was when a defensive player gets their hand on the ball leading to an incomplete pass regardless but maybe they have extra stipulations to it.

Either way Yiadom did pretty good, especially because he had the least amount of coverage snaps and targets from the top guys by a large margin. Which means he got his hand on the passes a lot more per target than the other guys…but flip side is of course he got tested less overall.
[ Edited by genus49 on Jul 20, 2024 at 4:58 AM ]

I think Luter has a breakout type year, and Ambry will be fighting for a job this camp.
Originally posted by BP13:
I think Luter has a breakout type year, and Ambry will be fighting for a job this camp.

I kinda hope they give Ambry a shot at free safety. Seems like we have 3 Strong Safety's and a special teamer. Ambry or Rock Ya-Sin, maybe Renardo Green could potentially hold it down. Very excited about our Secondary this year.
Share 49ersWebzone