There are 206 users in the forums

49ers sign QB Josh Dobbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jobiwon:
It's not difficult. Dobbs has always been a 3 till last year. Allen was a 2. It's always good to bring in good QBs out to compete and challenge Allen.. If they all work out. You trade one.
Neither is a good QB but both are ok as the no 2. Dobbs did better in the games. He did what we hoped Lance would do. Shanny said Allen did better in practice. He is more comfortable being here longer. Dobbs is crazy smart and it takes a bit to be comfortable in this offense. Shanny likes that Allen is similar to Purdy. He doesn't have to change the play calls. He will execute them as designed. Dobbs brings exciting extra stuff. It could be Dobbs will pull ahead the longer he's here but it's likely he prefers Alien. We had to keep 3 to start. We got Modecai to the practice squad now. He can be the 3 in the playoffs and 2 next year.
Love got hurt and Dobbs would. be perfect there. We need a spot for Trent. I would trade Dobbs for a 4th or 5th.

Having Dobbs on a one year contract and him being QB3, I think, would certainly motivate him to get better. I think that may be a factor in Kyle placing Dobbs at QB3.

I also agree that Dobbs outplayed Allen in preseason.

Edit: great point about Mordecai. I think next year that is a possibility of Mordecai being #QB2, trading Dobbs for a day three pick and ShanaLynch getting another QB in UDFA.
[ Edited by Giedi on Sep 9, 2024 at 9:23 AM ]
Allen the backup?
Welp with Tua going down...and they can't rely on him the rest of the season. Dobbs stuck at #3 might nudge Kyle about a trade to the Dolphins. And hell Kyle could be all over it, so his boy Brandon Allen doesn't feel any heat at #2.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Welp with Tua going down...and they can't rely on him the rest of the season. Dobbs stuck at #3 might nudge Kyle about a trade to the Dolphins. And hell Kyle could be all over it, so his boy Brandon Allen doesn't feel any heat at #2.
I'm sure if the move were made it would be due to not wanting Allen to feel any heat
Needs to be QB2
If Kyle is running out of ideas in these goal line situations... get Dobbs out there to pass or run it in. 🤷🏾‍♂️

That screen pass to Deebo reminded me of Crabtree getting blown up against the Ravens at the Super Bowl. All over that s**t.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 15, 2024 at 2:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone