There are 193 users in the forums

49ers sign QB Josh Dobbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
Great value signing that showed good things in his playing time. Next draft Devin Leary to win the 3rd string spot like Brock did
I don't know...he may be past his prime
Originally posted by Leathaface:
It's a great signing for a guy who is at least as good as Sam Darnold.

Remember when people thought Darnold was signed to compete with and potentially take the job from Purdy? Good time good times.
[ Edited by WINiner on Mar 19, 2024 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
It's a great signing for a guy who is at least as good as Sam Darnold.

Remember when people thought Darnold was signed to compete with and potentially take the job from Purdy? Good time good times.

Darnold has this weird combination of incredible physical talent with some of the worst pocket presence ever. Lol
Originally posted by Predator85:
He is smart enough to manage the game. Just got to train him to do that instead of playing hero ball

This is pretty much it. When he takes what a defense gives him, he's perfectly fine as a backup QB.

It's those moments when he tries to go #YOLO and tosses it into double coverage or holds on to the ball too long and throws a last second hospital ball that gets Zach Ertz or Justin Jefferson wrecked that have limited him in his career.
Originally posted by Silky:
Great value signing that showed good things in his playing time. Next draft Devin Leary to win the 3rd string spot like Brock did
when do you ever get a back up QB in their prime? he'd definitely be able to emulate teams with scrambling QB's. I really want Devin Leary as a 3rd String, surprised to find a 40 minute highlight video on youtube.

oh I get it now lmao Dennis Leary
[ Edited by 49erFaithfullest on Mar 19, 2024 at 11:44 AM ]
Originally posted by Silky:
when do you ever get a back up QB in their prime? he'd definitely be able to emulate teams with scrambling QB's. I really want Devin Leary as a 3rd String, surprised to find a 40 minute highlight video on youtube.

oh I get it now lmao Dennis Leary

Originally posted by thl408:
That 99 yard drive Dobbs had versus the 49ers really made an impression.

when?
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
when?

Week 4 last season.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
when?

Week 4 last season.

Yea that game was very uncomfortable
Originally posted by tankle104:
Darnold has this weird combination of incredible physical talent with some of the worst pocket presence ever. Lol

As someone who saw every Vikings game last year because my girl is from MN and a huge Vikings fan, I would have rather kept Darnold. Dobbs couldn't even grasp the Vikings offense when the coaches started putting more on his plate and lost favor there very quick. If purdy goes down and we have to rely on Dobbs, we'll, like I said, I'd have rather kept Darnold.

Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
As someone who saw every Vikings game last year because my girl is from MN and a huge Vikings fan, I would have rather kept Darnold. Dobbs couldn't even grasp the Vikings offense when the coaches started putting more on his plate and lost favor there very quick. If purdy goes down and we have to rely on Dobbs, we'll, like I said, I'd have rather kept Darnold.

Couldn't afford Darnold. Dobbs will have a full offseason with us. He will be just fine

Dobbs was a midseason acquisition so there's valid reasons to not put much weight in his trouble picking up the offense on the fly.

That said, Darnold would be a better option… and his pay reflects that. We are in a different situation than last year with Brock healthy and 'established'. There's better ways to spend money and we'll be in the same boat nearly every team is in: QB1 has to be healthy for us to be a player.

Eh it's damn difficult to fully learn an offense on the fly after arriving midseason.
His one moment will be throwing a hail mary TD bomb to Jauan to win the SB.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Mar 21, 2024 at 1:23 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:

Come on bro. Really?
Share 49ersWebzone