There are 362 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Ajuik is gone im guessing. Got to be. no way we picking a WR in the first while paying two receivers $50mil combined and also having Jennings on the bench.

If we keep Ajuik, this pick was dumb AF with so many other people on the board who will be Day 1 contributors
I think Deebo will be the one to go
Lets hope he is better than AJ Jenkins
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Ajuik is gone im guessing. Got to be. no way we picking a WR in the first while paying two receivers $50mil combined and also having Jennings on the bench.

If we keep Ajuik, this pick was dumb AF with so many other people on the board who will be Day 1 contributors

Werent there reports that Lynch told Deebo we wont be trading him?

This is common sense to me. Deebo is always hurt, and is far less reliable in the passing game.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
I think he'll be on limited snaps this season but will be seen as a replacement for Jennings next season (different players, just replacing his spot as WR3).

Jennings will be like Bourne. No way we'll pay Deebo and Aiyuk and have anything left for Jennings. Someone will pay him too well for us to match.

So they spent a 1st rounder on your #3 wr 2 years from now. That's pretty bad value

Maybe, maybe not. Depends what you consider "value". I don't love the pick, but don't hate it either. It is what it is. We've never really gone with conventional logic in the draft since Shanny and Lynch got here so we really shouldn't be that surprised.

At some point, we're going to need to pick between our two expensive WR's imo.

Deebo spent time in the doghouse, Aiyuk spent time in the doghouse, Pettis spent time etc. Rookie wide receivers are given a hard time by Shanny, he's not going to be handed a lot of snaps right away until he shows he can earn them. So yeah, in his rookie year I'm not expecting him to beat out Deebo, Jennings, or Aiyuk and he will fill the Ray Ray role initially.

Year 2 he moves up into Jennings spot. When/If we have to chose between Aiyuk and Deebo - he needs to be ready to move up again.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Scraptastic:
Anyone comparing this guy to Dante Pettis doesn't watch how tough this dude is. I really liked him and hoped we could get him in the early to mid 2nd but possibly no one wanted to trade up

The fifth year option for being a first rounder will come in handy when Brock makes him a star.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Go read their assessment for Purdy or Kittle or Aiyuk even.

Y'all put too much stock into what these prognosticators say. If they were really that good, they'd have an NFL job. Mike Mayock was one of the very beat draft gurus for years, he finally got an NFL job and he sucked hard.

They aren't any different than us here on this board. Giving their opinions on guys.
What are we doing with all these weapons and no offensive line? Plus Kool Aid McKinstry was still on the board.

Originally posted by socalfan21:
This regime is abysmal in the 1st round. They should just trade out every year going forward. I would have been happy with them not drafting anyone.

Solomon Thomas
Rueben Foster
Mike McGlinchey
Nick Bosa
Javon Kinlaw
Brandin Aiyuk
Trey Lance
and traded away 2 first.

The Bosa pick was so easy to make.
The Aiyuk pick was great and they deserve credit.
McGlinchey is very average and the rest are complete misses.
The rest are dog crap. I think throwing darts could get you close to the same hit percentage here.

some how their late round picks have been saving jobs.

Originally posted by Niners99:
Looks like Pearsall and Aiyuk were teammates at ASU in 2019. Thats weird.

He also grew up 15 minutes from Brock (Pearsall was born in Chandler and Brock lived in Gilbert).
[ Edited by linkboy on Apr 25, 2024 at 9:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Hangman_52:

That is cause they are almost the same age. We drafted a rookie who is old as s**t

I mean, if hes legit who cares? Its not like 23 is old. Most guys who are 20 or 21 need to develop for a couple years anyways.
Originally posted by Hangman_52:

That is cause they are almost the same age. We drafted a rookie who is old as s**t

I like it cuz we are in the SB window
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Werent there reports that Lynch told Deebo we wont be trading him?

We all know that Lynch would never tell a player that. Anyone can be traded. Anyone. Lynch knows this, and therefore would never promise a player that he'd never be traded.
Badass mofo. I like the pick. A combo of Aiyuk and Deebo run around plays .

🔥 pick.
Share 49ersWebzone