LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 180 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dmax:
this scrub is dante pettis/kinlaw all over again, reports knew he was trash, but good ole shanny lynch got their type
of wr
Link to he was trash reports?
this front office is a joke
I'm excited to see Pearsall play, let's just see how this plays out. I think the team is just being cautious, we'll probably see Ricky in week 1.
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
This is concerning and does not bode well for Pearsall's prospects on making an impact this year. They better get to work on figuring out that 4th year on Auyik's contract.

Yes, it's very concerning that people get hurt playing football. The NFL outta put a stop to it.

The real worry is if this guy had this problem BEFORE we drafted him in the first. I guess they weren't bothered by the Kinlaw thing.

I meant to quote the post about his shoulder being a chronic thing. But yes, this reeks of the Kinlaw thing all over again. You want your 1st round pick to make the biggest impact, and we are looking at a real possibility that this guy may not play much at all this year.

With Lynch/Kyle at the helm we are the exact opposite of this:

2017 - 1st round; Solomon Thomas & Ruben Foster, best pick 5th round; George Kittle. (Could you imagine if we had picked Mahomes & Kittle? see mahomes and Kelce). Or CMC & Mahomes? <--- Just dreaming out loud don't think those two could have happened.

2018 - 1st round; Mike McGlinchey, best pick 3rd round; Fred Warner

2019 - 2018 worked out so well we lucked up and got it right in best pick in round 1 with Nick Bosa #2 overall. Deebo in round 2 & Greenlaw in the 5th. This was probably our best draft of the ShanaLynch era.

2020 - 1st round pick #14; Javon Kinlaw, best pick first round pick #25 overall Brandon Aiyuk.

2021 - 1st round pick #3 overall Trey Lance. Best picks: Hufanga & Lenoir round 5. Banks; Round 2. Mitchell; round 6.

2022 - No first round pick - best pick; Brock Purdy 7th round.

2023 - No first round pick - best pick; Ji 'Ayir Brown second round (top pick for us this year)

2024 - 1st round pick #31; Ricky Pearsall - best pick????

You could argue that since 2017 we have had one bonafide 1st rounder in Nick Bosa who fell into our lap. Other than that it has been mostly mid to late round picks that hit for us. As I am typing this I keep asking myself, why was I so mad that we traded away all of those 1st round picks for Lance? We should probably trade our first round pick every year for a top tier free agent LOL.
Based of being a top team in the league?

Yah. They laughed all the way to the playoffs and 2 SBs the last few years. What a joke. The other teams aren't laughing.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Yah. They laughed all the way to the playoffs and 2 SBs the last few years. What a joke. The other teams aren't laughing.

and lost twice..soooo what
no praise for second place
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

You've never seen Cody Pickett start for your favorite team.

lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:

2017 - 1st round; Solomon Thomas & Ruben Foster, best pick 5th round; George Kittle. (Could you imagine if we had picked Mahomes & Kittle? see mahomes and Kelce). Or CMC & Mahomes? <--- Just dreaming out loud don't think those two could have happened.

2019 - 2018 worked out so well we lucked up and got it right in best pick in round 1 with Nick Bosa #2 overall. Deebo in round 2 & Greenlaw in the 5th. This was probably our best draft of the ShanaLynch era.

2020 - 1st round pick #14; Javon Kinlaw, best pick first round pick #25 overall Brandon Aiyuk.

2021 - 1st round pick #3 overall Trey Lance. Best picks: Hufanga & Lenoir round 5. Banks; Round 2. Mitchell; round 6.

2023 - No first round pick - best pick; Ji 'Ayir Brown second round (top pick for us this year)

You could argue that since 2017 we have had one bonafide 1st rounder in Nick Bosa who fell into our lap. Other than that it has been mostly mid to late round picks that hit for us. As I am typing this I keep asking myself, why was I so mad that we traded away all of those 1st round picks for Lance? We should probably trade our first round pick every year for a top tier free agent LOL.

Agree💯%, and add in all the *undrafted players* that became starters and you have a bonanza of some great picks. Off the top of my head, Kendric, Brieda, Brendel, Mason are some great undrafteds... Keep in mind, Bill Walsh basically said he valued immediate day one starters as between first round to fourth round picks. I.e. if you want a potential immediate NFL starter, you need to pick in the top four rounds, everything after that are developmental/backup players - in a sense.

Originally posted by BP13:
I'm excited to see Pearsall play, let's just see how this plays out. I think the team is just being cautious, we'll probably see Ricky in week 1.

I choose to believe this, as well.

Only one team wins. In your world I guess that makes every other front office a joke. This group to a laughing stock team and rebuilt it it. hey had them in the SB in 3 years. Yes they lost but they got there.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Agree💯%, and add in all the *undrafted players* that became starters and you have a bonanza of some great picks. Off the top of my head, Kendric, Brieda, Brendel, Mason are some great undrafteds... Keep in mind, Bill Walsh basically said he valued immediate day one starters as between first round to fourth round picks. I.e. if you want a potential immediate NFL starter, you need to pick in the top four rounds, everything after that are developmental/backup players - in a sense.

It doesn't matter if you get them late or early. Later is better. They have low salaries. The way this team drafts they get mostly mid - late rounders that they hit on. But they traded so many for Lance who was a horrific bust. That the true averages are hard to calculate. Because we didn't even have a 1st round pick for years as a result of that.

2021 - 1st round BUST - Lance.
2022 - No 1st round pick.
2023 - No 1st round pick.

This was horrific. It's equivalent to no 1st round pick for 3 years. You just can't do that.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Aug 23, 2024 at 10:06 AM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Kinlaw 2.0

Correction. Kinlaw actually practiced/played his rookie year.
[ Edited by frenchmov on Aug 23, 2024 at 10:23 AM ]

It's beyond stupid to claim this when this roster is one of the most talented in the NFL and was easily one of the worst when "this front office" took things over.

Their main issue right now is the ability to play too many great player that they've acquired. Thinking they're a joke because of two sided messy contract negotiations is something.

As for the Pearsall pick...first of all let's see how he actually does. But calling them out for taking the guy before we even see if he can play this year or not while also seeing how well the rest of this draft class has looked so far(which by the way is still in games that don't count)...just absolutely ridiculous.

You don't have to pretend every move they make is perfect and personally Pearsall was not the guy I wanted at 31...I wanted the guy the Chiefs took in the 2nd round ironically but pump the breaks. We've got a long way to go before we know who was a bust and who was a great pick. But we certainly have plenty information telling us this front office knows what they're doing more times than not.
Share 49ersWebzone