LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 259 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by dmax:
this front office is a joke

It's beyond stupid to claim this when this roster is one of the most talented in the NFL and was easily one of the worst when "this front office" took things over.

Their main issue right now is the ability to play too many great player that they've acquired. Thinking they're a joke because of two sided messy contract negotiations is something.

As for the Pearsall pick...first of all let's see how he actually does. But calling them out for taking the guy before we even see if he can play this year or not while also seeing how well the rest of this draft class has looked so far(which by the way is still in games that don't count)...just absolutely ridiculous.

You don't have to pretend every move they make is perfect and personally Pearsall was not the guy I wanted at 31...I wanted the guy the Chiefs took in the 2nd round ironically but pump the breaks. We've got a long way to go before we know who was a bust and who was a great pick. But we certainly have plenty information telling us this front office knows what they're doing more times than not.

Yep. People keep forgetting that the draft is A LOTTERY.
I thought we placed a great emphasis on availability and experience when drafting? We heard a lot of talk about this when acquiring Leonard Floyd. If we are considering injured players we need to absolutely be downgrading them going forward
All g we got Cowing
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
There is literally no shoulder injury a 25 year old WR could have where it's a career altering injury. Maybe a couple weeks, maybe a season (at worst) but not long term. Please just log off and take a lap.
[ Edited by okdkid on Aug 23, 2024 at 11:24 AM ]
We need context. Was it something he dealt with throughout his entire college career or did he just hurt his shoulder late in his final season and it wasn't completely healed yet? Because he never missed a game in 5 years in college. I watched his 2023 highlights and he didn't look hurt to me.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Pettis 2.0

This.
Hurd, Gray, Bell and now slick rick. Not a great trend for drafting receivers…. It's a lottery yes but when you know he has a history of shoulder issues and you still somewhat reach for him you need to be prepared to receive criticism. Its justified. Calling the front office a joke though is also a bit of excessive. They have done well in terms of finding talent.
This is as bad of a pick as was Ruben Foster back in 2017
It's feels a lot like when the Warriors traded Monta for Bogut, knowing Bogut needed surgery and would not be able to contribute right away. I'm guessing we will hear about Pearsall and surgery and IR soon.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by dmax:
this front office is a joke

It's beyond stupid to claim this when this roster is one of the most talented in the NFL and was easily one of the worst when "this front office" took things over.

Their main issue right now is the ability to play too many great player that they've acquired. Thinking they're a joke because of two sided messy contract negotiations is something.

As for the Pearsall pick...first of all let's see how he actually does. But calling them out for taking the guy before we even see if he can play this year or not while also seeing how well the rest of this draft class has looked so far(which by the way is still in games that don't count)...just absolutely ridiculous.

You don't have to pretend every move they make is perfect and personally Pearsall was not the guy I wanted at 31...I wanted the guy the Chiefs took in the 2nd round ironically but pump the breaks. We've got a long way to go before we know who was a bust and who was a great pick. But we certainly have plenty information telling us this front office knows what they're doing more times than not.

Chiefs 2nd rounder looks like a bulldozer. What a beast. Him in the late 1st or 2nd and Puni in the 3rd would have fixed up our offensive line real quick. What a shame. Regardless how good Pearsall may or may not be. I'd rather have that beast mode Tackle. Imagine our line with him and Puni. TW comes back from holdout and Banks comes back from injury. Now you are talking about a Super Bowl line. Something that can actually block Chris Jones.

Well we definitely F'd up on this pick. But we have other picks to hopefully mask this mistake.
Originally posted by okdkid:
There is literally no shoulder injury a 25 year old WR could have where it's a career altering injury. Maybe a couple weeks, maybe a season (at worst) but not long term. Please just log off and take a lap.

The 49ers weren't expecting Aiyuk to have this big holdout. Pearsall would be an occasional player even if healthy.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Hurd, Gray, Bell and now slick rick. Not a great trend for drafting receivers…. It's a lottery yes but when you know he has a history of shoulder issues and you still somewhat reach for him you need to be prepared to receive criticism. Its justified. Calling the front office a joke though is also a bit of excessive. They have done well in terms of finding talent.

Yes, but they also drafted Deebo, Aiyuk, and JJ > so their percentage of landing quality players is good... and Pearsall had a great track record in college, and we'll see how he looks.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
We need context. Was it something he dealt with throughout his entire college career or did he just hurt his shoulder late in his final season and it wasn't completely healed yet? Because he never missed a game in 5 years in college. I watched his 2023 highlights and he didn't look hurt to me.

This, exactly. We'll see when he plays.
Originally posted by Fasteddy:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

Yes, but they also drafted Deebo, Aiyuk, and JJ > so their percentage of landing quality players is good... and Pearsall had a great track record in college, and we'll see how he looks.

Indeed. Hope he actually makes it on the field this year.
Share 49ersWebzone