LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 227 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
Yep. People keep forgetting that the draft is A LOTTERY.

Easy way to not draft injured players is to not draft injured players.
What exactly is Pearsall's shoulder issue?
This guy is looking like another first round bust for shanahan
The pick was a reach and we knew it. People were hyping him up running routes against air all off-season.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Hurd, Gray, .... Not a great trend for drafting receivers….

Hurd, Gray, Latu = esp. bad with 3rd rd receivers .... and all were reaches esp. with Hurd and Latu were major reaches expected to be drafted ~~ rd 5
Originally posted by northoakland510:
The pick was a reach and we knew it. People were hyping him up running routes against air all off-season.

They drafted him with a shoulder injury I mean that's smart
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Originally posted by northoakland510:

They drafted him with a shoulder injury I mean that's smart

I dont think he missed a college game, atleast the last two years.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It doesn't matter if you get them late or early. Later is better. They have low salaries. The way this team drafts they get mostly mid - late rounders that they hit on. But they traded so many for Lance who was a horrific bust. That the true averages are hard to calculate. Because we didn't even have a 1st round pick for years as a result of that.

2021 - 1st round BUST - Lance.
2022 - No 1st round pick.
2023 - No 1st round pick.

This was horrific. It's equivalent to no 1st round pick for 3 years. You just can't do that.

You can if you can get a generational player in the last pick in the draft. Like you said, it doesn't matter if you get them early or late, if they can play in the NFL. Feliciano and Brunskill were not draftees. People forget that you build a team 3 ways - draft, free agency, and trades. Overall, ShanaLynch has done decently the past couple of years using all three methods.
Originally posted by father49er:

Tolbert on KNBR just said it's a preexisting shoulder issue that everyone knew about before drafting him. WTF did we draft another Baalke special.
Originally posted by father49er:

Evidently he can't raise his arm over the shoulder to catch balls. But he can catch low balls and give low fives.

j/k it's not been reported.

Looks like yet another first round shocker at least it seems to be trending that way. As the roster gets older mistakes like this will end up hurting. Gotta keep Shanny crushes away from the draft.
Holy smokes we're at prime freak out mode already. Just let the damn shoulder heal and see what he can do once healthy. This isn't a knee like Kinlaw so stop the comparisons. Shoulders are easier to deal with and less impactful than a leg injury. I think. I am speaking from my own experience and what I've seen around various sports
  • 91til
  • Veteran
classic Ninertalk
Concerning but we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Lets just hope it isn't one of those long term lingering type of injuries. If its not then it is a non issue. At this point he hasn't even gotten a chance to show if he is any good or not.
I knew this dude was weak and frail. He will be one of those players who are good if they play, but will play 3 or 4 weeks a season
Share 49ersWebzone