LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 229 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by derrickt:
I'm sure BA knew about Pearsall's injury during all this hold-in.

"Fire pick", BA texted Lynch. "He and Deebo will be missing games, PAY UP JOHN"
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Originally posted by northoakland510:
The pick was a reach and we knew it. People were hyping him up running routes against air all off-season.

They drafted him with a shoulder injury I mean that's smart

Yeah, cos they never get any better.

Carradine, Street, Kinlaw, Lattimore, Hurd, Latu said hello 👋
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by GPC49:
Could be a partial tear in the rotorcuff which I have been through. Sometimes they can heal on there own with rest and some physical therapy. After some failed injections in the injured area to promote healing I eventually had Arthroscopic surgery the fix the issue I went to Physical Therapy which was not fun and painful to get my range of motion back and to break down the scar tissue. I also struggled to get all my vertical back because I couldn't go psst 90° in the beginning and keep going to therapy until I was able to get close to 180° vertical reach, Hopefully if that the problem rest will be all he needs!

yeah been there done that..... could not even put on shirts like a normal person because my arm no longer lifted up....then one day I tripped on tire rut hidden by deep grass and landed on THAT arm....hurt like hell when it happened...but I got most of the range back...weirdest thing

I don't know how you play football with that kind of injury, unless major surgery returns you to normal ( i never went under the knife)

I am a pretty risk adverse guy, I would never understand taking a guy with known injuries like this. Once you wear out parts in joints...that stuff generally does not heal well, if at all.

I say all the time draft picks only exist for gambling, and I personally do not think they are as valuable as most people seem to think, but I don't understand taking guys with known issues that have very complicated recoveries.

49ers might have one of the worst draft histories doing that.

Of course...the counter point is....Robert Smith existed...so anything is possible....

Frozen shoulder. I posted this in the parking lot last week

• JEP83
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Silky:
Holy smokes we're at prime freak out mode already. Just let the damn shoulder heal and see what he can do once healthy. This isn't a knee like Kinlaw so stop the comparisons. Shoulders are easier to deal with and less impactful than a leg injury. I think. I am speaking from my own experience and what I've seen around various sports

Bold - This is how rational people think. Unfortunately they are hard to find here.

Also everyone's worried about a bust. The kid hasn't taken a snap. Relax. I have been watching him at Florida and he will be a legit receiver. Let's all remember Yuk wasn't a stud at the beginning. In fact if memory serves he was in Shannys dog house for quite the time.

let's give the rooks a chance before yall going on a mental breakdown.
Originally posted by JEP83:
Bold - This is how rational people think. Unfortunately they are hard to find here.

Also everyone's worried about a bust. The kid hasn't taken a snap. Relax. I have been watching him at Florida and he will be a legit receiver. Let's all remember Yuk wasn't a stud at the beginning. In fact if memory serves he was in Shannys dog house for quite the time.

Aiyuk played fine his rookie year. Sure injuries to other players helped him get on the field but he contributed. He certainly got better after his 1st season. Hopefully the same will happen with Ricky. He's gotta get on the field though first.
Originally posted by JEP83:
Originally posted by Silky:
Holy smokes we're at prime freak out mode already. Just let the damn shoulder heal and see what he can do once healthy. This isn't a knee like Kinlaw so stop the comparisons. Shoulders are easier to deal with and less impactful than a leg injury. I think. I am speaking from my own experience and what I've seen around various sports

The bust talk is absurd. I think he can potentially be a solid starter, at worse. The issue is this report from Silver about the shoulder and the staff possibly exporting Pearsall to be back only to have hopes dashed- it's giving fans visions of injured players of the past. I don't doubt his ability but the health will remain a thing until it is not.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 23, 2024 at 7:16 PM ]
Ooops ...
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 23, 2024 at 7:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
With Lynch/Kyle at the helm we are the exact opposite of this:

2017 - 1st round; Solomon Thomas & Ruben Foster, best pick 5th round; George Kittle. (Could you imagine if we had picked Mahomes & Kittle? see mahomes and Kelce). Or CMC & Mahomes? <--- Just dreaming out loud don't think those two could have happened.

2018 - 1st round; Mike McGlinchey, best pick 3rd round; Fred Warner

2019 - 2018 worked out so well we lucked up and got it right in best pick in round 1 with Nick Bosa #2 overall. Deebo in round 2 & Greenlaw in the 5th. This was probably our best draft of the ShanaLynch era.

2020 - 1st round pick #14; Javon Kinlaw, best pick first round pick #25 overall Brandon Aiyuk.

2021 - 1st round pick #3 overall Trey Lance. Best picks: Hufanga & Lenoir round 5. Banks; Round 2. Mitchell; round 6.

2022 - No first round pick - best pick; Brock Purdy 7th round.

2023 - No first round pick - best pick; Ji 'Ayir Brown second round (top pick for us this year)

2024 - 1st round pick #31; Ricky Pearsall - best pick????

You could argue that since 2017 we have had one bonafide 1st rounder in Nick Bosa who fell into our lap. Other than that it has been mostly mid to late round picks that hit for us. As I am typing this I keep asking myself, why was I so mad that we traded away all of those 1st round picks for Lance? We should probably trade our first round pick every year for a top tier free agent LOL.

Agree💯%, and add in all the *undrafted players* that became starters and you have a bonanza of some great picks. Off the top of my head, Kendric, Brieda, Brendel, Mason are some great undrafteds... Keep in mind, Bill Walsh basically said he valued immediate day one starters as between first round to fourth round picks. I.e. if you want a potential immediate NFL starter, you need to pick in the top four rounds, everything after that are developmental/backup players - in a sense.

Yes some UDFA have been better than most of our first round picks.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Shanahan said he subluxed his shoulder earlier in the offseason. Which is nothing this far removed. He will be fine. Stand down.

He also said there is no structural issue (ie no tear)

He added that 80% of the team had this injury at some point and it's just tender.
[ Edited by okdkid on Aug 23, 2024 at 11:04 PM ]

• okdkid
  • Veteran
That was a fun 12 hour freak out over nothing.

Originally posted by okdkid:
Shanahan said he subluxed his shoulder earlier in the offseason. Which is nothing this far removed. He will be fine. Stand down.

He added that 80% of the team had this injury at some point and it's just tender.

But 80% of the team hasn't missed the entire offseason/practices. That's the issue here. Post all the Twitter doctors & shanny comments, but the fact is this guy's shoulder is bad enough where he can't practice when you can't even be tackled. How can he possibly play in an actual game?
If Aiyuk gets back then they can put Pearsall on the IR and give him time to heal without feeling the need to get him on the field. A partial shoulder separation may require some surgery to fix it properly.
That was a fun 12 hour freak out over nothing.

My wife is a DPT and she said basically the same thing (just dumbed it down for me).

PT/rest and he should be fine. Much better than a full dislocation. There is a possibility of a labral tear, but guys play through that s**t. Kittle has for years.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:

But 80% of the team hasn't missed the entire offseason/practices. That's the issue here. Post all the Twitter doctors & shanny comments, but the fact is this guy's shoulder is bad enough where he can't practice when you can't even be tackled. How can he possibly play in an actual game?

Clearly, they have been overly cautious with even the most minor injuries for the entire team this training camp.

They've prioritized complete recovery and regular season readiness over playing in practice games.
Share 49ersWebzone