LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 293 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by okdkid:
That was a fun 12 hour freak out over nothing.

This guy is so valuable. The amount of quality information he provides about 49ers injuries is pretty amazing.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
My wife is a DPT and she said basically the same thing (just dumbed it down for me).

PT/rest and he should be fine. Much better than a full dislocation. There is a possibility of a labral tear, but guys play through that s**t. Kittle has for years.

Shanahan said he had no structural damage. So no tear
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
My wife is a DPT and she said basically the same thing (just dumbed it down for me).

PT/rest and he should be fine. Much better than a full dislocation. There is a possibility of a labral tear, but guys play through that s**t. Kittle has for years.

And no tear from me that they drafted a kid with nagging shoulder injuries.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

The draft is a lotto pick in my mind. Once in a while you get a Puni/Purdy player but most of the time you get Solomon/Hurd type players, and so trades and free agency can mitigate those issues. I think Chris conley, and Cowing can hold the fort till Pearsall heals up. Pearsall's shoulder injury isn't like a knee/ACL injury in this case. He probably could play week one, but 49ers will be cautious with him.
That was a fun 12 hour freak out over nothing.

Coming from someone who also played through this in HS, it WILL be a lingering issue and continue to sublax. Like you said, it's basically not a full dislocation and "slips" out of place for a few and then back. But it will forever be an issue until it get fixed; like dislocations, once it happens once, it gets easier and easier to happen again, and mark my words that it will. I would not call this "nothing"
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Coming from someone who also played through this in HS, it WILL be a lingering issue and continue to sublax. Like you said, it's basically not a full dislocation and "slips" out of place for a few and then back. But it will forever be an issue until it get fixed; like dislocations, once it happens once, it gets easier and easier to happen again, and mark my words that it will. I would not call this "nothing"

He has had this injury since 2022 so I'd say that "give him time and it'll heal" hasn't worked at all.

If he needs surgery so be it.
Ugh

Oh Ricky you were fine, now you're injured all the time 🎶
Originally posted by Giedi:

The draft is a lotto pick in my mind. Once in a while you get a Puni/Purdy player but most of the time you get Solomon/Hurd type players, and so trades and free agency can mitigate those issues. I think Chris conley, and Cowing can hold the fort till Pearsall heals up. Pearsall's shoulder injury isn't like a knee/ACL injury in this case. He probably could play week one, but 49ers will be cautious with him.

I'm actually happy Conley may get a shot. I'm not expecting Brandon Aiyuk from 2022 or 2023, but I think he can do a solid job.

Huf going to PUP fo sho
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Huf going to PUP fo sho

Yup. Not great
I think it makes sense for Huf to miss first four games. Youre freeing up a roster spot and also not forcing him to rush to start week 1
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Huf going to PUP fo sho

Yup. Not great
I was thinking PUP.. more of not wasting a roster spot for him and he can have more time heal/practice
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Huf going to PUP fo sho

Yup. Not great
I was thinking PUP.. more of not wasting a roster spot for him and he can have more time heal/practice

For Ricky?
Share 49ersWebzone