Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Huf going to PUP fo sho

Yup. Not great
I was thinking PUP.. more of not wasting a roster spot for him and he can have more time heal/practice

For Ricky?
Huf
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Huf going to PUP fo sho

Yup. Not great
I was thinking PUP.. more of not wasting a roster spot for him and he can have more time heal/practice

For Ricky?
Huf

Gotcha
Originally posted by Montana:
Ugh

Oh Ricky you were fine, now you're injured all the time 🎶

Hey Rickey, Hey Ricky
Sure hope he gets healthy and shows us something. Injuries are a bummer. Glad to see Jacob Cowing making the best of his opportunities.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by okdkid:
That was a fun 12 hour freak out over nothing.

My wife is a DPT and she said basically the same thing (just dumbed it down for me).

PT/rest and he should be fine. Much better than a full dislocation. There is a possibility of a labral tear, but guys play through that s**t. Kittle has for years.

Coming from someone who also played through this in HS, it WILL be a lingering issue and continue to sublax. Like you said, it's basically not a full dislocation and "slips" out of place for a few and then back. But it will forever be an issue until it get fixed; like dislocations, once it happens once, it gets easier and easier to happen again, and mark my words that it will. I would not call this "nothing"

Excellent summation.
Eventually he's going to need surgery to "tighten" up the shoulder. Especially, given the position he plays. Ideally, he should have taken care of it at the close of his college season, but he probably didn't because it would have compromised his draft. Now the drafting team (Niners) is saddled with the problem. I'm surprised that they drafted him in the first round, knowing that he had this issue. But when it all shakes out, it could be fine.

He may be needed this season. Let him play and if the problem reoccurs with sufficient severity during the season, get the procedure done. The rehab doesn't take all that long and he'll be good to go no later than the beginning of the next training camp.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by okdkid:
That was a fun 12 hour freak out over nothing.

My wife is a DPT and she said basically the same thing (just dumbed it down for me).

PT/rest and he should be fine. Much better than a full dislocation. There is a possibility of a labral tear, but guys play through that s**t. Kittle has for years.

Coming from someone who also played through this in HS, it WILL be a lingering issue and continue to sublax. Like you said, it's basically not a full dislocation and "slips" out of place for a few and then back. But it will forever be an issue until it get fixed; like dislocations, once it happens once, it gets easier and easier to happen again, and mark my words that it will. I would not call this "nothing"

Excellent summation.
Eventually he's going to need surgery to "tighten" up the shoulder. Especially, given the position he plays. Ideally, he should have taken care of it at the close of his college season, but he probably didn't because it would have compromised his draft. Now the drafting team (Niners) is saddled with the problem. I'm surprised that they drafted him in the first round, knowing that he had this issue. But when it all shakes out, it could be fine.

He may be needed this season. Let him play and if the problem reoccurs with sufficient severity during the season, get the procedure done. The rehab doesn't take all that long and he'll be good to go no later than the beginning of the next training camp.

Just cut off that arm. That's what Lott would do.
Back at practice? I thought he was on his death bed. Go figure.
Originally posted by captveg:

Funny how cut days and contract years can give players an incentive.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

you think thats why RP is practicing ?

you think thats why RP is practicing ?

Lol why would he care about that when he is 1st round rookie he needs some reps out there.

• okdkid
  • Veteran

???

• JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

Aiyuk's contract extension takes a lot of pressure off of Pearsall.
If we traded Aiyuk or he did a lengthy holdout, Pearsall would've been pressured to be his replacement. Now he can just come into this season as a role player and learn the offense... And if his shoulder is indeed bad, the 49ers shouldn't feel as rushed to get him out there while he rests that.
Share 49ersWebzone