LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 264 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
just be smart, give him that damn watch and protect your life and your career, don't act like a superhero or a man of steel, how many rolex can you affort to buy? Report that guy to cops and next day enjoy your lucky life at training
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ssuhaide:
First of all thoughts to Ricky and his family. Praying that he has a full recovery. Football is not important at this time.
I was in Union Square in December during my visit to SF. It is a tourist area as every one knows and it there is a police presence there this kind of incident can happen anywhere in any major city in the world.

I hope the 49ers put him on IR and give him and the support and care he needs to get through the physical and mental ordeal. Im sure people the Brian Robinson shooting a few years ago where he came back and played in the season but each situation is unique and i hope the niners make the right call here.
Nope, He's returning kicks sept 9th

You can't be serious.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by derrickt:
According the the mayor, this is a rare occurrence in SF. They are all over the news doing damage control because this is getting national attention.

Good, it's ridiculous that a little boy thinks he can run up on someone in broad daylight in a really "nice area" and pull a gun.

it just shows a complete lack of respect for the law or human lives. This shouldnt happen anywhere and people shouldn't feel emboldened to do it

its honestly just downright embarrassing.

It's kid these days too , instead of bettering themselves with good activities like sports or instruments they out doing drugs, sideshows, joining gangs , robbing retail, it's really sad that is the youth culture these days
What a crazy world we live in. I was so hung up on the Aiyuk ordeal and wondering if Pearsall would ever recover from his shoulder injury. Then this happens. Puts things in perspective.

I personally hate going out and about with my kids to public places. I still do it because we have to live our lives but I'm always on alert at places like movie theaters, restaurants, touristy areas, etc. Makes it unenjoyable for me but it is what it is
Originally posted by gallux:
just be smart, give him that damn watch and protect your life and your career, don't act like a superhero or a man of steel, how many rolex can you affort to buy? Report that guy to cops and next day enjoy your lucky life at training

The cops arent going to do s**t with that report.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Why does this sound like Ricky was not the victim. Dafuq?

Dude, it's Cali. You're not supposed to defend yourself. I would only be mildly surprised to hear that Ricky got charged for shooting the a*****e because he took the gun away already and therefore the guy wasn't a threat and there was no reason to shoot.
Originally posted by MrGriz:
Why does this sound like Ricky was not the victim. Dafuq?

Dude, it's Cali. You're not supposed to defend yourself. I would only be mildly surprised to hear that Ricky got charged for shooting the a*****e because he took the gun away already and therefore the guy wasn't a threat and there was no reason to shoot.

Someone that does an armed robbery on you is always a threat until they are neutralized. You don't know if they have another gun.

The cops arent going to do s**t with that report.

Sure they would. He is a 1st round draft pick of the 49ers. Either its there favorite team and they will do whatever or they are worried this getting blown up in the media.

No one knows what they'd do in that situation until it happens.

kid could shoot you all the same, if you gave them whatever they wanted.

thankfully it sounds like no one is seriously injured.

IMO there's gotta be some changes across the country with all this stuff. Tons of layers and I feel like it's not just one thing that needs to be fixed.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
It's kid these days too , instead of bettering themselves with good activities like sports or instruments they out doing drugs, sideshows, joining gangs , robbing retail, it's really sad that is the youth culture these days

Lol this could have been said at literally any point in time in modern history

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Silky:
What a crazy world we live in. I was so hung up on the Aiyuk ordeal and wondering if Pearsall would ever recover from his shoulder injury. Then this happens. Puts things in perspective.

I personally hate going out and about with my kids to public places. I still do it because we have to live our lives but I'm always on alert at places like movie theaters, restaurants, touristy areas, etc. Makes it unenjoyable for me but it is what it is

Just means you're a good dad.
Not going to lie but this gives me second thoughts about our family trip there for the Cowboys game. The wife and I have been to the city multiple times but have never brought the kids yet. We haven't been since the monsoon Indy game a few years ago, which we had zero issue, but have heard it's more chaotic now.

As others have said, it's not as simple as "just give him the watch." It's instinct. There's almost no time to think in these situations, and for many people, the natural reaction is to fight back.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Missed vital organs.

[
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Not going to lie but this gives me second thoughts about our family trip there for the Cowboys game. The wife and I have been to the city multiple times but have never brought the kids yet. We haven't been since the monsoon Indy game a few years ago, which we had zero issue, but have heard it's more chaotic now.
It's not. If anything it's cleaner than it's ever been. I just took my kids a few weeks ago and we did all the tourist stuff and it was a blast
Share 49ersWebzone