LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 221 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Not going to lie but this gives me second thoughts about our family trip there for the Cowboys game. The wife and I have been to the city multiple times but have never brought the kids yet. We haven't been since the monsoon Indy game a few years ago, which we had zero issue, but have heard it's more chaotic now.

Games are in Santa Clara where it's pretty safe. Stay away from SF and you'll be fine. Go to Monterey or Napa if you want to go sightseeing.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by MrGriz:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Why does this sound like Ricky was not the victim. Dafuq?

Dude, it's Cali. You're not supposed to defend yourself. I would only be mildly surprised to hear that Ricky got charged for shooting the a*****e because he took the gun away already and therefore the guy wasn't a threat and there was no reason to shoot.

Someone that does an armed robbery on you is always a threat until they are neutralized. You don't know if they have another gun.

That's the way it should be however I've heard about someone breaking in a victims house wth a gun. The owner shoots him and it's sued for over 100 grand. Ridiculous but it's the lame laws around guns for protection.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Sep 1, 2024 at 8:14 AM ]
Originally posted by bassmanr:
That's they way it should be however I've heard about someone breaking in a victims house wth a gun. The owner shoots him and it's sued for over 100 grand. Ridiculous but it's the lame laws around guns for protection.

Every case is different but I saw one where guy breaks into house to steal something, owner discovers him, guy flees the house and is running away and off the property, and the guy guns him down in the street.

I don't think it's reasonable to shoot a burglar who is fleeing/off your property. He's no longer a threat and shooting in public you risk hurting innocent people.

But every case is different.
So now we have Aiyuk, Samuels, Jennings, and a 1st round pick WR, and we're a run heavy offense with big weaknesses on the OL.

We were already over-invested in the WR position before drafting him.
Originally posted by NONAME:
Not going to lie but this gives me second thoughts about our family trip there for the Cowboys game. The wife and I have been to the city multiple times but have never brought the kids yet. We haven't been since the monsoon Indy game a few years ago, which we had zero issue, but have heard it's more chaotic now.
It's not. If anything it's cleaner than it's ever been. I just took my kids a few weeks ago and we did all the tourist stuff and it was a blast

San Francisco has one of the lowest crime rates among major cities except for shoplifting. When the DA said they wouldn't prosecute shoplifting it mad headlines and the rest of the country got the impression that crime was rampant in the city. Violent crime rate is lower than many cities in California as well as major cities across the country.
The 49ers should change their name to the Nor Cal 49ers. Divorce themselves from the cesspool that is SF.
Originally posted by gallux:
just be smart, give him that damn watch and protect your life and your career, don't act like a superhero or a man of steel, how many rolex can you affort to buy? Report that guy to cops and next day enjoy your lucky life at training
If there's anything on this Earth that you can trust, it's the rationality and emotional stability of a 17 year old waving a gun in your face.
The fact that he was walking to the ambulance with help made me think that the wound isn't too serious. Infection is probably the biggest threat.

You will be fine. If you're planning to do all the tourist stuff, just don't leave anything in your vehicle. Don't take the kids near the tenderloin and you won't have an issue with safety (not that you would in general, just kids would see stuff you wouldn't want them seeing).
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
just be smart, give him that damn watch and protect your life and your career, don't act like a superhero or a man of steel, how many rolex can you affort to buy? Report that guy to cops and next day enjoy your lucky life at training
If there's anything on this Earth that you can trust, it's the rationality and emotional stability of a 17 year old waving a gun in your face.

It makes it a roll of the dice either way, but better to just let the stuff go then fight over it. If you must defend yourself, do so. Here I mean that it is clear that there will be no alternative.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

You will be fine. If you're planning to do all the tourist stuff, just don't leave anything in your vehicle. Don't take the kids near the tenderloin and you won't have an issue with safety (not that you would in general, just kids would see stuff you wouldn't want them seeing).

Was just in SF and it was awesome!
[ Edited by okdkid on Sep 1, 2024 at 8:20 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

And what always deescalates a situation is trying to get a gun away from a emotional unstable 17 year old.
From what I've read, both the attacker and Pearsall were shot with the assailants weapon. Statistically, you are more likely to be shot if you resist (without having a gun for defense.) Hard to make any conclusions without the full story, but based on that, RP should'nt have resisted. Sounds like he's lucky to be alive.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
That's they way it should be however I've heard about someone breaking in a victims house wth a gun. The owner shoots him and it's sued for over 100 grand. Ridiculous but it's the lame laws around guns for protection.

Every case is different but I saw one where guy breaks into house to steal something, owner discovers him, guy flees the house and is running away and off the property, and the guy guns him down in the street.

I don't think it's reasonable to shoot a burglar who is fleeing/off your property. He's no longer a threat and shooting in public you risk hurting innocent people.

But every case is different.

Yes it is and that's one case the victim should not have shot the perp. Called the cops and look for the law to help. The specific one I was talking about is a perp with a gun in the victims house, there was risk and was self defense.

Like any big city there's areas you want to avoid but I visit California a lot and haven't had any issues in San Francisco or anywhere else.

If you're bringing the kids, I'd take them down to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and make a day of it. If you're going to the City then don't have a car full of luggage and stuff, leave all that at the hotel or drive up to Tiburon, park over there and take the Ferry over.

Point Reyes is also nice, I loved going up there as a kid.
Share 49ersWebzone