LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 250 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
From what I've read, both the attacker and Pearsall were shot with the assailants weapon. Statistically, you are more likely to be shot if you resist (without having a gun for defense.) Hard to make any conclusions without the full story, but based on that, RP should'nt have resisted. Sounds like he's lucky to be alive.

How do you know he wouldn't have been shot if he complied? Sounds like he made the right decision.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Not going to lie but this gives me second thoughts about our family trip there for the Cowboys game. The wife and I have been to the city multiple times but have never brought the kids yet. We haven't been since the monsoon Indy game a few years ago, which we had zero issue, but have heard it's more chaotic now.
It's not. If anything it's cleaner than it's ever been. I just took my kids a few weeks ago and we did all the tourist stuff and it was a blast

San Francisco has one of the lowest crime rates among major cities except for shoplifting. When the DA said they wouldn't prosecute shoplifting it mad headlines and the rest of the country got the impression that crime was rampant in the city. Violent crime rate is lower than many cities in California as well as major cities across the country.
Being there on Christmas morning was one of the saddest experiences of my life. They don't tend to the cities as everyone is off and clean up after the poor suffering people... It was tragic and a complete wakeup call on how many people are suffering from mental illness and addiction that you don't neccesarily see every day.
Originally posted by okdkid:
How do you know he wouldn't have been shot if he complied? Sounds like he made the right decision.

Ricky is an NFL player so it's in his nature to scuffle and scrap for his. He ain't no average Joe so his instinct is to get down. I am an average Joe and I know that's my nature even at my advanced age so I ain't mad at him. Only thing I say good he's alive and well and next time hide yo jewels in the city bro
From what I've read, both the attacker and Pearsall were shot with the assailants weapon. Statistically, you are more likely to be shot if you resist (without having a gun for defense.) Hard to make any conclusions without the full story, but based on that, RP should'nt have resisted. Sounds like he's lucky to be alive.

A robber wants your valuables. Not your life.

Fight or flight response is a very real thing. Some people when confronted with violence respond by running, some shutdown and become very compliant in the hopes of peacefully ending the encounter and others will fight like hell.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Because they dont value your life.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

He shot him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not going to lie but this gives me second thoughts about our family trip there for the Cowboys game. The wife and I have been to the city multiple times but have never brought the kids yet. We haven't been since the monsoon Indy game a few years ago, which we had zero issue, but have heard it's more chaotic now.

Like any big city there's areas you want to avoid but I visit California a lot and haven't had any issues in San Francisco or anywhere else.

If you're bringing the kids, I'd take them down to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and make a day of it. If you're going to the City then don't have a car full of luggage and stuff, leave all that at the hotel or drive up to Tiburon, park over there and take the Ferry over.

Point Reyes is also nice, I loved going up there as a kid.

I learned first hand. I went to the Atlanta game in 2021. Went out to the Whatf afterwards. My car was broken into (windows smashed). There was an empty bag in my back seat (in plain view) and you could tell the person opened the back seat to get into the trunk (also emptied).

Other than that, it one incident, I always have a great time out there.

He shot him.

Unless i read it wrong. Ricky tried to get the gun and was shot. If he had given up the watch the guy probably leaves.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
San Francisco has one of the lowest crime rates among major cities except for shoplifting. When the DA said they wouldn't prosecute shoplifting it mad headlines and the rest of the country got the impression that crime was rampant in the city. Violent crime rate is lower than many cities in California as well as major cities across the country.

Crime "rates" come from convictions. If you don't prosecute crime, you don't have much.

Unless they don't want you as a witness.

That's you inserting your own moral values into the thought process. People have still been shot even after being compliant because the robber thought they took too long to give them what they wanted, didn't like how they looked at them or because they just plain felt like it.

Don't try to rationalize the behavior of sociopaths.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Pete_Shrum
Originally posted by mitpdub:

Unless they don't want you as a witness.

I think that is usually for something worse then a random robbery.
Originally posted by Happs:

Games are in Santa Clara where it's pretty safe. Stay away from SF and you'll be fine. Go to Monterey or Napa if you want to go sightseeing.

Stay in Santa Clara, if you want shopping and dining with lots of other people then go to Santana Row in San Jose.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Fight or flight response is a very real thing. Some people when confronted with violence respond by running, some shutdown and become very compliant in the hopes of peacefully ending the encounter and others will fight like hell.

I would hope I would react by just giving them whatever they want. Idk how I'd react though.
Share 49ersWebzone