LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 256 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by okdkid:
How do you know he wouldn't have been shot if he complied? Sounds like he made the right decision.

Uuhh....he made the right decision? He got shot FFS. He's lucky to be alive today.

Again, you are statistically more likely to be unhurt vs being hurt if you are unarmed and comply with someone who is armed.
Missed vital organs.

[

There's no way it missed the lung? Unless it was like the upper pec area closer to the shoulder.

very fortunate if that is the case
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
From what I've read, both the attacker and Pearsall were shot with the assailants weapon. Statistically, you are more likely to be shot if you resist (without having a gun for defense.) Hard to make any conclusions without the full story, but based on that, RP should'nt have resisted. Sounds like he's lucky to be alive.

How do you know he wouldn't have been shot if he complied? Sounds like he made the right decision.

A robber wants your valuables. Not your life.

He shot him.

Unless i read it wrong. Ricky tried to get the gun and was shot. If he had given up the watch the guy probably leaves.

If the thief didn't want to take his life then why did he not submit to Ricky when Ricky overpowerd him and it was clear he wasn't getting the watch? The thief was willing to kill.
[ Edited by okdkid on Sep 1, 2024 at 8:43 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Uuhh....he made the right decision? He got shot FFS. He's lucky to be alive today.

Again, you are statistically more likely to be unhurt vs being hurt if you are unarmed and comply with someone who is armed.

Could've been killed even if he complied.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Missed vital organs.

[

There's no way it missed the lung? Unless it was like the upper pec area closer to the shoulder.

He got so lucky. I'm not sure if he will recover for the season but hopefully he recovers well.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
A robber wants your valuables. Not your life.

That's you inserting your own moral values into the thought process. People have still been shot even after being compliant because the robber thought they took too long to give them what they wanted, didn't like know they looked at them or just because they just felt like it.

Don't try to rationalize the behavior of sociopaths.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Pete_Shrum

Who said this person was a sociopath?
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Missed vital organs.

[

He got so lucky. I'm not sure if he will recover for the season but hopefully he recovers well.

Unless there are complications like infections I suspect he will bw able to play this season. We was walking so that's a good sign.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Fight or flight response is a very real thing. Some people when confronted with violence respond by running, some shutdown and become very compliant in the hopes of peacefully ending the encounter and others will fight like hell.

Yes, I understand that people can react differently in any given situation, but statistics bear out which responses are best. I'm not saying Ricky Pearsall 'got what he deserved' or anything like that, but the fact of the matter is, his specific response literally lends credence that he shouldn't have resisted. He would be more likely to have no bullet wounds today if he simply handed over his watch.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Yes, I understand that people can react differently in any given situation, but statistics bear out which responses are best. I'm not saying Ricky Pearsall 'got what he deserved' or anything like that, but the fact of the matter is, his specific response literally lends credence that he shouldn't have resisted. He would be more likely to have no bullet wounds today if he simply handed over his watch.

With a gun in his face Ricky did not say "geez what would the stats say I should do here"
The story I read said the police have an idea of what this was about but didn't say. The watch appears to have been the target but that seems a little strange that a guy would try to rob him at gunpoint in front of so many people just for a watch. How did he know he was wearing a Rolex watch. You need to get pretty close to see what type of watch someone is wearing.

Who said this person was a sociopath?

17 year old running up to rob someone, in a crowded area, gun in hand and in broad daylight.

They're either a sociopath or they're really stupid. Either way no good reason to trust that they'll behave rationally.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by gallux:
just be smart, give him that damn watch and protect your life and your career, don't act like a superhero or a man of steel, how many rolex can you affort to buy? Report that guy to cops and next day enjoy your lucky life at training

The cops arent going to do s**t with that report.

Sure they would. He is a 1st round draft pick of the 49ers. Either its there favorite team and they will do whatever or they are worried this getting blown up in the media.

You guys don't know any S.F. PD cops

They are understaffed (who wants to work in an environment where you are under appreciated and criminals let out as fast as they're arrested). They are also under forced overtime due to short staffing and events, so they're burned out. Quite a few younger ones do lateral transfers out to other PDs after they have completed their training.
The only one trying to refute the media blow out is London Breed who is trying to keep her job as mayor and throwing out choice statistics. Her brother is a murder convict and she's repeatedly tried to have his sentence reduced.

Back to the 49ers. Lynch should just put out a ban on any PR appearances and signings anywhere in SF.

With a gun in his face Ricky did not say "geez what would the stats say I should do here"

I had a gun in my face and my first reaction was to grab it but I quickly stopped and realized that he might have shot me even accidentally.
Could've been killed even if he complied.

Yes....he 'could've' been. Now....what DID happen? He. Was. Shot.

The bottom line is, statistically, he would be better off complying.
  • grif
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
It is weird to carry anywhere

Evidenced by the fact he just got shot.

not weird to carry in Texas........
prayers for Ricky P!
Share 49ersWebzone