LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 291 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
San Francisco has one of the lowest crime rates among major cities except for shoplifting. When the DA said they wouldn't prosecute shoplifting it mad headlines and the rest of the country got the impression that crime was rampant in the city. Violent crime rate is lower than many cities in California as well as major cities across the country.

Crime "rates" come from convictions. If you don't prosecute crime, you don't have much.

Those stats are from reported incidents .Not from prosecutions. Those stats show that shoplifting which isn't prosecuted is high in the city. Murder and violent crime is prosecuted. I don't know any city in America that doesn't prosecute violent crime when they can.
I love how people are arguing a fight or flight response. Ricky is a fighter. Plain and simple. I can tell who is not.
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
I love how people are arguing a fight or flight response. Ricky is a fighter. Plain and simple. I can tell who is not.

And put his career & life in jeopardy.
San Francisco has one of the lowest crime rates among major cities except for shoplifting. When the DA said they wouldn't prosecute shoplifting it mad headlines and the rest of the country got the impression that crime was rampant in the city. Violent crime rate is lower than many cities in California as well as major cities across the country.

Crime "rates" come from convictions. If you don't prosecute crime, you don't have much.

Those stats are from reported incidents .Not from prosecutions. Those stats show that shoplifting which isn't prosecuted is high in the city. Murder and violent crime is prosecuted. I don't know any city in America that doesn't prosecute violent crime when they can.

That's just silly. Every Soros backed prosecutor in the country downgrades violent crimes to misdemeanors and blows them off daily.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Cool story man. Fight or flight is a response, not a thought out process.
[ Edited by DASeiler49 on Sep 1, 2024 at 10:48 AM ]
Back in my younger years of doing drugs and partying I always said that if I got a gun pulled on me I'd be like "go ahead let's see what you got". Then I got a gun pulled on me buying some yayo from huge Polynesian dealer and I didn't say s**t and got robbed blind. Keep in mind that was 20 years ago and I have since grown up but back in my day i had fun.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Sep 1, 2024 at 9:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

And? No one knows the outcome if he doesn't. Why folks are trying to make that the whole debate… vs why a 17yr old is robbing someone in the first place is wild.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I, for one, feel like Ricky should have asked the robber to hold on a sec so that he could consult the statistics before making the right decision
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
How do you know he wouldn't have been shot if he complied? Sounds like he made the right decision.

Uuhh....he made the right decision? He got shot FFS. He's lucky to be alive today.

Again, you are statistically more likely to be unhurt vs being hurt if you are unarmed and comply with someone who is armed.

Could've been killed even if he complied.

That's right and what's important is he's alive and nothing major was hit. Clean in and out.

if he was killed yesterday most of the WZ would be saying he should have fought back and they would pull out statistics for why, then blame Lynch for drafting a wuss that got manhandled by a boy.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
And? No one knows the outcome if he doesn't. Why folks are trying to make that the whole debate… vs why a 17yr old is robbing someone in the first place is wild.

Raiders fan.

I, for one, feel like Ricky should have asked the robber to hold on a sec so that he could consult the statistics before making the right decision

HA
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Raiders fan.

true story bro
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Raiders fan.

That's just silly. Every Soros backed prosecutor in the country downgrades violent crimes to misdemeanors and blows them off daily.

If they can prosecute they will. Sometimes there isn't enough evidence to win a case so they reduce the charges or dismiss them all together. It
happens every where and has been that way forever. DAs and AGs don't like to waste taxpayer money on cases they can't win.

On the surface this looks like an easy case but there may be extenuating circumstances that we don't know about.

Good god, brain worms
Share 49ersWebzone