Originally posted by gored49:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
I love how people are arguing a fight or flight response. Ricky is a fighter. Plain and simple. I can tell who is not.

And put his career & life in jeopardy.

Oh be quiet

He was shot in the chest and is in the hospital in serious but stable condition. If that's not putting your life in jeopardy i don't know what is.

Thief came prepared to kill. He did not submit when Ricky fought back.

That's a big leap. Not every thief is a killer. If the goal was to kill him why not just walk up to him. Put two in the chest and take everything he has? What we know from what has been reported is they struggled with the gun and both were injured.

Loaded gun. Fired it multiple times. Opposite of a "big leap". He did not submit to Ricky.

What a terrible and misguided comment by Jcool. If you point a gun at someone the first assumption it is to kill. You take that responsibility, and all negative consequences, if you point a loaded weapon that was only ever created to kill. So yes, that thief was an intended killer. Don't want to be labeled that then don't steal and point a gun. Pretty simple

Brought a LOADED GUN but didn't intend to kill. lol
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Missed vital organs.

[

There's no way it missed the lung? Unless it was like the upper pec area closer to the shoulder.

very fortunate if that is the case

He got so lucky. I'm not sure if he will recover for the season but hopefully he recovers well.

He probably out for the year
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Look, my guess is that if you guys want this thread to continue, you will knock of the politics and alleged conspiracy theories revolving around donors of political parties. Homie got shot, lucky to be alive, and maybe we should focus on that.

All we know for sure is Aiyuk hired the shooter before his contract was signed and forgot to cancel

Lmaoo
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Idk how long he will be out but he seems extremely fortunate to not have major damage.
What a terrible and misguided comment by Jcool. If you point a gun at someone the first assumption it is to kill. You take that responsibility, and all negative consequences, if you point a loaded weapon that was only ever created to kill. So yes, that thief was an intended killer. Don't want to be labeled that then don't steal and point a gun. Pretty simple

FWIW this guy is going to jail. He is in juvenile court now i believe but i assume that will get moved and he will be spending awhile in prison. I would assume the same thing if he had simply robbed him. The only point is he probably wouldn't have been shot if he had given up the watch. Not even armed robbery ends in murder. Just because 1 out of 20 ends in a shooting doesn't mean he needed to go after him instead of giving him what he wanted.
Yeah, I am in the boat of, how about we just talk about how this guy is ok and are happy about that? This could have been so much worse. We could have lost him and it would have been devastating.
So glad his life was spared and wishing a full recovery.

❤️ 🙏 (((Slick Rick))) 🙏 ❤️
Originally posted by RonMexico:
All we know for sure is Aiyuk hired the shooter before his contract was signed and forgot to cancel

Dont blame Aiyuk for Koldos handiwork
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 1, 2024 at 10:11 AM ]

FWIW this guy is going to jail. He is in juvenile court now i believe but i assume that will get moved and he will be spending awhile in prison. I would assume the same thing if he had simply robbed him. The only point is he probably wouldn't have been shot if he had given up the watch. Not even armed robbery ends in murder. Just because 1 out of 20 ends in a shooting doesn't mean he needed to go after him instead of giving him what he wanted.

Quit defending the assailant/attempted murderer. My point was as clear as 1 + 1. You point a loaded gun at someone you take all responsibility and are not absolved of any outcome and the worst should always be assumed if someone is pointing a loaded gun. Do not blame the victim that did not know if a gun in his face would be his last moments to see or hug is family again.
Originally posted by Montana:
Yeah, I am in the boat of, how about we just talk about how this guy is ok and are happy about that? This could have been so much worse. We could have lost him and it would have been devastating.
So glad his life was spared and wishing a full recovery.

❤️ 🙏 (((Slick Rick))) 🙏 ❤️
Gotta win the rook a Super Bowl!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
And? No one knows the outcome if he doesn't. Why folks are trying to make that the whole debate… vs why a 17yr old is robbing someone in the first place is wild.

Raiders fan.

I can confirm

I blame McCaffrey
Get well Ricky.What a g .

It could've been worse
Originally posted by tankle104:
Gotta win the rook a Super Bowl!

Now that's what I am talking about. Win it for Rick! Who knows, maybe he will be a total baller, join back in late in the season and get that one handed grab for the SB win 🏆
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
MNF vs. Jets is Slick Rick's birthday
MNF vs. Jets is Slick Rick's birthday

gotta win it for Rick
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Idk how long he will be out but he seems extremely fortunate to not have major damage.

Since he's ok:

Not an expert here, I think he'll go on the reserve/non-football injury list.

Players on the reserve/non-football injury or reserve/non-football illness lists are ineligible to practice or play in games for the first six weeks of the regular season. After six weeks, a player can begin practicing with their team but cannot be moved to the active roster until after the team has played its first eight games of the season. When a player starts practicing, a three-week window begins in which the player can be moved to the active roster. If a player does not get activated after the three-week window ends, they must remain on the reserve/NFI list for the rest of the season. Only up to two players from the NFI lists are eligible to return to the active roster for each NFL team.
Share 49ersWebzone