LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 260 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Happs:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
He probably out for the year

Idk how long he will be out but he seems extremely fortunate to not have major damage.

Since he's ok:

Not an expert here, I think he'll go on the reserve/non-football injury list.

Players on the reserve/non-football injury or reserve/non-football illness lists are ineligible to practice or play in games for the first six weeks of the regular season. After six weeks, a player can begin practicing with their team but cannot be moved to the active roster until after the team has played its first eight games of the season. When a player starts practicing, a three-week window begins in which the player can be moved to the active roster. If a player does not get activated after the three-week window ends, they must remain on the reserve/NFI list for the rest of the season. Only up to two players from the NFI lists are eligible to return to the active roster for each NFL team.

This is for sure.

These dudes are young and heal much faster than us old farts. My guess is that RP is back by late season, maybe around the 3/4 mark. Silver lining is that his problematic shoulder now has a nice rest too.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I blame McCaffrey
Get well Ricky.What a g .

It could've been worse

CMC #23
Slick Rick #14
2=3 = 5
1+4 = 5
the 49ers have won 5 superbowls
Since Ricky is ok, I hope the team unites and comes together in response to this event. These guys are not invincible. LIfe is precious and can be taken away at any time. I hope they see the half glass full and come together as brothers and put all the other bs aside. I hope Trent and the team come together. I hope this is the spark they need to understand the things that are important in life. Not money, not fame, but purpose and meaning. Seeing the value of playing football for its core gifts. I hope they bond and come out and take this season on for each other. Go niners.
Originally posted by BP13:
CMC #23
Slick Rick #14
2=3 = 5
1+4 = 5
the 49ers have won 5 superbowls

23×14= 322

3x2x2=12

2+1= 3

We have lost three SBs.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Missed vital organs.

[

Damn through and through He`s blessed it could have been fatal if the bullet was at a slightly different angle.
Originally posted by Montana:
23×14= 322

3x2x2=12

2+1= 3

We have lost three SBs.

holy crap....... this means something. this is important
Wouldn't it be something if pearsall scored the game winning TD in the SB! Man that would be a hell of a story
I don't know about risking dying for a watch.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Wouldn't it be something if pearsall scored the game winning TD in the SB! Man that would be a hell of a story

Are we trading him to the Chiefs?

Originally posted by Happs:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
He probably out for the year

Idk how long he will be out but he seems extremely fortunate to not have major damage.

Since he's ok:

Not an expert here, I think he'll go on the reserve/non-football injury list.

Players on the reserve/non-football injury or reserve/non-football illness lists are ineligible to practice or play in games for the first six weeks of the regular season. After six weeks, a player can begin practicing with their team but cannot be moved to the active roster until after the team has played its first eight games of the season. When a player starts practicing, a three-week window begins in which the player can be moved to the active roster. If a player does not get activated after the three-week window ends, they must remain on the reserve/NFI list for the rest of the season. Only up to two players from the NFI lists are eligible to return to the active roster for each NFL team.

That could happen. He might not have seen much action in the early part of the season anyway. If the bullet went clean through without hitting anything vital it's just a wound that needs to heal. If it broke a bone or hit a vital organ he would probably miss the entire season. They list him a serious condition but stable. I'm pretty sure most bullet wounds are considered serious no matter how severe. If he was critical or grave then it would be major concern.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I haven't read about when the gun was pulled.

I could see a circumstance where Ricky resisted a strongarm robbery only to have the criminal level up the experience by pulling out a gun.
Miraculous no vital organs affected. He really could be back sooner than we think. God bless this kid and his loved ones. Crazy stuff.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
[
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

We don't know enough of what exactly happened here tho. Too many people commenting on this and don't know the facts at all yet.

And whatever comes out, end of the day this isn't a situation you encounter often and are trained for. Everyone is gonna handle it differently, and most in here haven't been in this kind of situation, so it's pointless to say he should've done this or that.
Share 49ersWebzone