LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 308 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Yeti
  • Veteran
crime stats are skewed. I travel a lot and a lot of these countries do feel safe, but when someone goes Medellin, Colombia is statistically safer than St Louis, I roll my eyes. When citizens stop reporting crimes because it's every day life, or you call the police and they say "they're to busy to accommodate" it doesn't show up on the statistics.

the "to busy to accomodate" I brought up because it just happened to me. Got a car stolen and it had a air tag in it. Locating at a apartment complex in Aurora, Colorado. Called Aurora PD and they said they don't have time for it and I should try to call back in 5 to 7 days. I went and picked it up myself....
[ Edited by Yeti on Sep 1, 2024 at 11:42 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
That could happen. He might not have seen much action in the early part of the season anyway. If the bullet went clean through without hitting anything vital it's just a wound that needs to heal. If it broke a bone or hit a vital organ he would probably miss the entire season. They list him a serious condition but stable. I'm pretty sure most bullet wounds are considered serious no matter how severe. If he was critical or grave then it would be major concern.
Infection is the main concern. Pieces of clothing that get into the wound. Maybe he should get that surgery on his shoulder he has been putting off.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
That could happen. He might not have seen much action in the early part of the season anyway. If the bullet went clean through without hitting anything vital it's just a wound that needs to heal. If it broke a bone or hit a vital organ he would probably miss the entire season. They list him a serious condition but stable. I'm pretty sure most bullet wounds are considered serious no matter how severe. If he was critical or grave then it would be major concern.
Infection is the main concern. Pieces of clothing that get into the wound. Maybe he should get that surgery on his shoulder he has been putting off.

He doesn't need surgery on that shoulder. He wasn't holding off because it was never recommended.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I don't know about risking dying for a watch.

We don't know enough of what exactly happened here tho. Too many people commenting on this and don't know the facts at all yet.

And whatever comes out, end of the day this isn't a situation you encounter often and are trained for. Everyone is gonna handle it differently, and most in here haven't been in this kind of situation, so it's pointless to say he should've done this or that.

People here acting like they would know what to do when someone points a loaded weapon at them point blank.
Lol...the victim blaming in here is crazy....whole posts saying what should be done, and no one knows what happened ..lol
Originally posted by tankle104:

Yikes

Shanny is looking pretty fly lately tho 🔥 I really dig the crispy, white long sleeves.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I don't know about risking dying for a watch.

We don't know enough of what exactly happened here tho. Too many people commenting on this and don't know the facts at all yet.

And whatever comes out, end of the day this isn't a situation you encounter often and are trained for. Everyone is gonna handle it differently, and most in here haven't been in this kind of situation, so it's pointless to say he should've done this or that.

People here acting like they would know what to do when someone points a loaded weapon at them point blank.

This
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Lol...the victim blaming in here is crazy....whole posts saying what should be done, and no one knows what happened ..lol

That
Originally posted by BOI49er:
San Francisco has one of the lowest crime rates among major cities except for shoplifting. When the DA said they wouldn't prosecute shoplifting it mad headlines and the rest of the country got the impression that crime was rampant in the city. Violent crime rate is lower than many cities in California as well as major cities across the country.

Crime "rates" come from convictions. If you don't prosecute crime, you don't have much.

Those stats are from reported incidents .Not from prosecutions. Those stats show that shoplifting which isn't prosecuted is high in the city. Murder and violent crime is prosecuted. I don't know any city in America that doesn't prosecute violent crime when they can.

That's just silly. Every Soros backed prosecutor in the country downgrades violent crimes to misdemeanors and blows them off daily.

That's just silly. Every Soros backed prosecutor in the country downgrades violent crimes to misdemeanors and blows them off daily.

Well there it is. Politics. Get TFO with that crap. The rabbit hole is VERY deep when one tries to blame politics on social behavior. One could argue that distribution of wealth is a primary factor. People could argue that education is a primary factor. People could argue a whole bunch of stuff, because it's what politics does. It creates division. It doesn't solve a lot of problems the populace faces from day to day.

Dumbrellas posting fs
With Ricky fighting back he probally saved future victims. Atleast in the short immediate future as he will probally be back on the streets in a couple of years.

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
I love how people are arguing a fight or flight response. Ricky is a fighter. Plain and simple. I can tell who is not.

And put his career & life in jeopardy.

Oh be quiet

He was shot in the chest and is in the hospital in serious but stable condition. If that's not putting your life in jeopardy i don't know what is.

"Put" implies a conscious choice. That's the point you seem to be struggling with. Sometimes, it's simply instinct. The real person who put Ricky's life at risk is the perp.

I cant read his mind and neither can you. So not sure why you are making that assumption. Facts are he struggled with a guy with a gun and was shot. Its great it looks like he will be fine. But odds are if he did nothing he would just be missing a watch right now.

I cant read his mind and neither can you. So not sure why you are making that assumption. Facts are he struggled with a guy with a gun and was shot. Its great it looks like he will be fine. But odds are if he did nothing he would just be missing a watch right now.

That's an assumption bro.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Ricky is out of the hospital.

[
Originally posted by eastie:
Well there it is. Politics. Get TFO with that crap. The rabbit hole is VERY deep when one tries to blame politics on social behavior. One could argue that distribution of wealth is a primary factor. People could argue that education is a primary factor. People could argue a whole bunch of stuff, because it's what politics does. It creates division. It doesn't solve a lot of problems the populace faces from day to day.

People are not equal, but want laws to make everyone equal. Thats the primary factor.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Ricky is out of the hospital.

[

That was fast

Yeah, I'll tell my true story that has some humor to it. San Francisco, circa 1990. Me and my buddy went to a party out in the Avenues near the beach. We were a bit buzzed when leaving. No cell phones so we called for taxi but a 30 minute plus wait as we were not in the busy area of city.

We walked to a liquor store to get something, I think water whatever. There were two obvious lesbians in there. One looked like she could rebuild my house . Small talk, waiting for taxi. They said if we gave them a few bucks for gas we could catch a ride back down to downtown. They were headed that way. We wouldn't have to wait.

A few blocks in, the big gal in passenger seat turned around quickly with a knife and yanked my big expensive gold chain off my neck. The driver stopped and they said get the f**k out. I was drunk and pissed and sort of lunged forward and grabbed her but that knife looked big. My buddy jumped out and left me. Grrr. But you don't know if gun too or whatever. I ended up getting out. But in the moment I tried to fight back and get my chain. It's sort of human nature to try to fight back. But it was ensured. I just needed to show a police report.

It's my favorite I was mugged by a lesbian story and the only time in my life I was mugged. And yes in San Francisco.
Share 49ersWebzone