LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 226 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by dj43:
A mom expressing her heart for her son and her beliefs.

She is correct. It is a miracle that no vital organs were impacted by that bullet. The chances of missing his liver AND a lung are the closest thing to zero.

In the video I saw, where you could see the bullet would spot - I was pretty shocked that nothing vital got hit and it was a through and through. Getting shot in the chest and nothing vital being hit seems pretty unlikely, good for him.

The miracle was that the gun was not pointed at a vital area when it discharged. As it is, the bullet must have passed just under the skin in a fleshy area but no deeper.

She is correct. It is a miracle that no vital organs were impacted by that bullet. The chances of missing his liver AND a lung are the closest thing to zero.

In the video I saw, where you could see the bullet would spot - I was pretty shocked that nothing vital got hit and it was a through and through. Getting shot in the chest and nothing vital being hit seems pretty unlikely, good for him.

The miracle was that the gun was not pointed at a vital area when it discharged. As it is, the bullet must have passed just under the skin in a fleshy area but no deeper.

Miracle is the appropriate word. It's insane. We need this kinda luck all season

I'm not expecting him to play or anything but since the bullet didn't hit anything and passed through - it's essentially two small incisions that need to heal up and he should be fine?

ricky is 6'3 - I wonder if the kid who shot him was on the shorter side. 5'6 or so.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Sep 1, 2024 at 5:03 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Outside chance he will miss more time for the hamstring than being shot in the chest. lol

Odds are even higher....that what takes the longest is coming off meds that he likely is taking, that would fail a PED test.....

I would bet money he is on some pretty good steroids to help heal that wound, and off set the chance for infection.

I had a buddy fall off a boat and rip his leg open on a cleat...he had all kinds of steroids to help him heal and keep inflammation down.

With a chest wound in the proximity of all kinds of important organs....I would bet they got him on stuff the NFL would frown over.

he might get a too-fer....help heal his chest, and help heal his shoulder.

Drug test won't matter for these substances because the manner and method they were prescribed and taken will comply with the NFL rules.

Robinson for Washington was shot in the leg twice last season and returned in six weeks.

Robinson was shot on 8/28/22 and returned to practice on 9/14/22. He played on 10/9/22.
[ Edited by okdkid on Sep 1, 2024 at 5:14 PM ]

Im thinking it went closer to shoulder
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I'm not expecting him to play or anything but since the bullet didn't hit anything and passed through - it's essentially two small incisions that need to heal up and he should be fine?

ricky is 6'3 - I wonder if the kid who shot him was on the shorter side. 5'6 or so.

We still don't know what muscles, if any, it passed thru.
It's going to give this team a big boost when he comes to practice and having Aiyuk back. Just need Trent signed this week and we'll be more than ready for the Jets.
Salary cap hit to make room for silver back ?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Glad he's okay, when I saw the news I thought the worst. I'd put him on IR and end his season, honestly don't want him to play like that. s**tty luck, it happens, time to just rest.

Would playing take his mind off it? Having something to do and focus on has to help I would think?

But ir he's in serious condition or gunshot wound to the chest, shouldn't you just rest and heal.

lol....he's home. How bout just let the professionals decide what to do instead?

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I see we have a lot of doctors on these forums today.

Amazing thing is a number of them double as OL coaches or GMs.
Da f**k this world makes me sad at times
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Even if he has a chance to return later this season I think its better to get his shoulder repaired, get him 100% and get someone else off the waiver wire. Red shirting a year is not totally a bad concept. Right now he is probably 5th wr on the depth chart anyway
Shoulder surgery would miss the entire year.
I think they will put him on IR for 4 weeks, then
I think they will have him playing in week 5 game
[ Edited by maxsmart on Sep 1, 2024 at 5:50 PM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I don't know about risking dying for a watch.

How many times has someone put a gun to your face with an ultimatum? Let's hear...
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
Da f**k this world makes me sad at times

Nothing new tho, everyday there's a shooting in Bay Area it seems, mostly Oakland San Jose but in total usually daily
Share 49ersWebzone