LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 150 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Here is a nice story from the Chronicle this morning of the female LEO who may have saved his life. She heard shots. Ran a couple of blocks. Applied pressure to stop the bleeding. He asked if he was going to die. Prayed with him to calm him down. Got him to the ambulance.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/sfpd-sergeant-effort-save-life-ricky-pearsall-19737266.php?utm_content=cta&sid=53b873839dbcd41528000236&ss=A&st_rid=3af389ef-aa3d-4bef-8762-5c39ebbb2897&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=headlines&utm_campaign=sfcn%20%7C%20the%20must-read
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TyCore:
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Just announced the shooter will be tried in juvenile court.

So he gets to go back to untold street cred and adulation from his respective peers.

Just great.

They didn't even file charges yet. This is just the start of the process.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Just announced the shooter will be tried in juvenile court.

That's just completely outrageous. It's a serious crime.

I did volunteer couseling in the tenderloin in the past. When your parents are Drug addicts, your uncle is in jail for robbery, and your aunty is in jail for prostitution, it's kind of hard to escape that negative environment unless your have extremely strong character. I'm *not* excusing the crime but just adding a bit of perspective.
How do you miss heart, lungs, liver, kidneys and even bone like ribs? That's like 1 in a million. Just incredible. I still don't understand how it missed his lungs. Because from the explanation and videos it appears about that area. I would guess some partial damage there. But I don't know. You still have muscle wall damage on the chest and back. Could have hit some nerve areas. I don't know how much this effects him. To miss all the major areas I think he is very lucky though. It's almost incredible. It still takes time for the muscle wall to close and heal up. Then regain your strength and function.

The whole thing is a mess. How do you shoot your 1st round draft pick in your home city? It's unbelievable.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 2, 2024 at 10:01 AM ]
What is Tracy CA like? That's where the list the 17 year old suspect from. From the internet and blogs it sounds bad. Anybody know anything about it? Sounds like drugs and gangs are around. I don't know that area so anybody who does from the Bay area. Give some input about it.
What is Tracy CA like? That's where the list the 17 year old suspect from. From the internet and blogs it sounds bad. Anybody know anything about it? Sounds like drugs and gangs are around. I don't know that area so anybody who does from the Bay area. Give some input about it.

They got a nice bass pro shop. That's all I really know about Tracy.
Originally posted by niners94:

What else do you guys know about it? From varies random internet searches some people say bad things about it. Like drugs, gangs and violence. It's away from the city. But problematic somehow.
Originally posted by rorrim:

Psychological trauma can be difficult to overcome. I was kidnapped at knifepoint back in my college days. Though I escaped with only a scratch, it took years to overcome my fears. I still avoid certain situations.

Pearsall asked the first officer who came to help him if he was going to die. He was in shock and the officer sensed him tensing up and filling with anxiety. She was able to calm him down but he will likely still need some counseling and support. He should get plenty of that from his teammates.

What else do you guys know about it? From varies random internet searches some people say bad things about it. Like drugs, gangs and violence. It's away from the city. But problematic somehow.
This scene was inspired by the director's one night in Tracy.

Originally posted by dj43:
but he will likely still need some counseling and support. He should get plenty of that from his teammates.

If by counseling you me endless bullying and mocking, sure.

Tracy/Mountain House is largely a bedroom community for the East Bay. However, there are numerous large warehouses in the area with hundreds of employees as well as ag workers.

The influx of commuters with high-paying jobs, who can afford upper-end homes has resulted in a lot of cheaper homes and rentals on the market. A negative result is some declining neighborhoods with crime issues. Not at all unusual. Gangs in the Central Valley are a big deal. Many illegals who have nothing to lose ignore the law.
[ Edited by dj43 on Sep 2, 2024 at 10:24 AM ]
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by dj43:
but he will likely still need some counseling and support. He should get plenty of that from his teammates.

If by counseling you me endless bullying and mocking, sure.

A good part of that city is very rough. It isn't surprising if someone doing an armed robbery is from Tracy, IMO. some solid areas in that city but parts the average person wouldn't really want to be in. on the crime index of 0-100 (100 being the safest) it is a 23.

I'm reading that it has a violent crime rate average that is almost half the national average .

One site has it as the 32 nd most expensive place to live In the USA
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

This scene was inspired by the director's one night in Tracy.

Is it really that bad there? But why? What are the causes and problems?
Share 49ersWebzone