LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 292 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How much worse could this young mans pro football career have started????

Get well soon
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by niners94:
What is Tracy CA like? That's where the list the 17 year old suspect from. From the internet and blogs it sounds bad. Anybody know anything about it? Sounds like drugs and gangs are around. I don't know that area so anybody who does from the Bay area. Give some input about it.

They got a nice bass pro shop. That's all I really know about Tracy.

What else do you guys know about it? From varies random internet searches some people say bad things about it. Like drugs, gangs and violence. It's away from the city. But problematic somehow.

A good part of that city is very rough. It isn't surprising if someone doing an armed robbery is from Tracy, IMO. some solid areas in that city but parts the average person wouldn't really want to be in. on the crime index of 0-100 (100 being the safest) it is a 23.

That's what I saw a lot of people online say. People who lived there in the past said it really went downhill and it's dangerous now. They wouldn't live there again. From some blogs about it. It didn't sound good. What people had to say about it.
What is Tracy CA like? That's where the list the 17 year old suspect from. From the internet and blogs it sounds bad. Anybody know anything about it? Sounds like drugs and gangs are around. I don't know that area so anybody who does from the Bay area. Give some input about it.

Close. It is in Manteca, 15 miles east. It is a nice store. My wife and I shop there often for clothes.

What else do you guys know about it? From varies random internet searches some people say bad things about it. Like drugs, gangs and violence. It's away from the city. But problematic somehow.

A good part of that city is very rough. It isn't surprising if someone doing an armed robbery is from Tracy, IMO. some solid areas in that city but parts the average person wouldn't really want to be in. on the crime index of 0-100 (100 being the safest) it is a 23.

That's what I saw a lot of people online say. People who lived there in the past said it really went downhill and it's dangerous now. They wouldn't live there again. From some blogs about it. It didn't sound good. What people had to say about it.

Yeah, people typical live there cause it's the closest they can afford to the bay area. which is essentially lower middle class at best.
Like i said - not all of it is crap but it def has some rough areas. not hard to find drugs or gangs there.
Originally posted by dj43:

Close. It is in Manteca, 15 miles east. It is a nice store. My wife and I shop there often for clothes.

I remember when that bass pro shop opened up. everyone in Oakdale was super excited and was driving to it. lol

Yeah, people typical live there cause it's the closest they can afford to the bay area. which is essentially lower middle class at best.
Like i said - not all of it is crap but it def has some rough areas. not hard to find drugs or gangs there.

That makes sense. It explains a lot I think.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I'm reading that it has a violent crime rate average that is almost half the national average .

One site has it as the 32 nd most expensive place to live In the USA

That sounds like the Mountain House area. A yuppie community that is the newest city in the state. It is just to the northwest of Tracy.

I'm reading that it has a violent crime rate average that is almost half the national average .

That sounds like the Mountain House area. A yuppie community that is the newest city in the state. It is just to the northwest of Tracy.

I haven't lived in Norcal in a while but from what I remember was that Mountain house was a much nicer community than Tracy. I think a lot of Linkedin & Google employees lived in Mountain house and tracy was more of warehouse workers.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

This scene was inspired by the director's one night in Tracy.

Is it really that bad there? But why? What are the causes and problems?

But you would rank Tracy worse than that?

I remember when that bass pro shop opened up. everyone in Oakdale was super excited and was driving to it. lol

A lot of people were surprised when they opened there. It didn't seem like the community was large enough to support such a big investment. However, Bass Pro tracks its customer base very well. They knew from the number of people buying fishing gear for use in the delta, and hunters who go into the Sierras, that the market was there. It has turned into one of their top 10 stores.

Tracy is less expensive than Mountain House. I would be confident in saying it also has a bigger crime problem. However, there are rampant gangs and drugs in nearby Stockton, all trying to push their wares to kids in the area.

Tracy is less expensive than Mountain House. I would be confident in saying it also has a bigger crime problem. However, there are rampant gangs and drugs in nearby Stockton, all trying to push their wares to kids in the area.

Ok that makes sense. So the consensus from those who know the area is there are some problems there. Maybe not every area is bad. But some gangs and drugs and violence around. So I guess this person coming from there makes more sense. Sadly so.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

It's not so much the location, but the association. There are cases where millionaires murder their own parents, for example.

When you live is such deep negativity, it's tough to get out of it. Aldon Smith, with all the talent in the world, his character was so weak he couldn't defeat alcohol.

Social programs, in my opinion, don't really deal with changing the negative environment these teens live in. They rely too much on just throwing money at the problem. And no, I don't have any solutions on my end either.

A lot of people were surprised when they opened there. It didn't seem like the community was large enough to support such a big investment. However, Bass Pro tracks its customer base very well. They knew from the number of people buying fishing gear for use in the delta, and hunters who go into the Sierras, that the market was there. It has turned into one of their top 10 stores.

Thats the perfect place for one. So many cities nearby that a lot of people hunt, fish, boat etc. plus the mountains/ocean etc. it's just close enough to not be a big deal to drive the hour or so. It's also massive so taking kids/gran kids isn't a big deal - the kids can entertain themselves
Share 49ersWebzone