There are 316 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by niners94:
What is Tracy CA like? That's where the list the 17 year old suspect from. From the internet and blogs it sounds bad. Anybody know anything about it? Sounds like drugs and gangs are around. I don't know that area so anybody who does from the Bay area. Give some input about it.

They got a nice bass pro shop. That's all I really know about Tracy.

What else do you guys know about it? From varies random internet searches some people say bad things about it. Like drugs, gangs and violence. It's away from the city. But problematic somehow.

I'm reading that it has a violent crime rate average that is almost half the national average .

One site has it as the 32 nd most expensive place to live In the USA

That sounds like the Mountain House area. A yuppie community that is the newest city in the state. It is just to the northwest of Tracy.

Tracy was a spoiled brat rich kid area. This kid seemed like that type but actually went through with his violent fantasy.POS throw the Adult law book at him. No juvenile hall .

Ricky must be in EXCRUCIATING pain..some people want him back out there but it'll be awhile before he can open and close his arms without pain from the flesh damage.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Yeah, people typical live there cause it's the closest they can afford to the bay area. which is essentially lower middle class at best.
Like i said - not all of it is crap but it def has some rough areas. not hard to find drugs or gangs there.

It's not so much the location, but the association. There are cases where millionaires murder their own parents, for example.

When you live is such deep negativity, it's tough to get out of it. Aldon Smith, with all the talent in the world, his character was so weak he couldn't defeat alcohol.

Social programs, in my opinion, don't really deal with changing the negative environment these teens live in. They rely too much on just throwing money at the problem. And no, I don't have any solutions on my end either.

Crime is a complex issue. I do agree with a lot
Of what you're saying. I've met 20 year old kids who didn't know how to open a bank account or what credit was. No one in his family or any of his cousins that he spent everyday with ever talked about it.

I took the time to teach it to him, how to open a bank account, I set up his 401k for him at his job (Costco). Etc

everyone needs the right influences around them. I don't think that's an excuse to commit heinous crimes like armed robbery but I do understand that your environment and association has a lot to do with how you turn out. You don't know what you don't know.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Sep 2, 2024 at 10:45 AM ]
What is Tracy CA like? That's where the list the 17 year old suspect from. From the internet and blogs it sounds bad. Anybody know anything about it? Sounds like drugs and gangs are around. I don't know that area so anybody who does from the Bay area. Give some input about it.

What else do you guys know about it? From varies random internet searches some people say bad things about it. Like drugs, gangs and violence. It's away from the city. But problematic somehow.

A good part of that city is very rough. It isn't surprising if someone doing an armed robbery is from Tracy, IMO. some solid areas in that city but parts the average person wouldn't really want to be in. on the crime index of 0-100 (100 being the safest) it is a 23.

That's what I saw a lot of people online say. People who lived there in the past said it really went downhill and it's dangerous now. They wouldn't live there again. From some blogs about it. It didn't sound good. What people had to say about it.

Yeah, people typical live there cause it's the closest they can afford to the bay area. which is essentially lower middle class at best.
Like i said - not all of it is crap but it def has some rough areas. not hard to find drugs or gangs there.

Nonsense. My direct report works from home and lives in Tracy. $4k a month rent for a house. Median home prices are $700k as apposed to Bay Area at $1m. Cheaper yes but I don't think median prices $700k is trash and poverty. It's no different than any other city. Bad and good.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Sep 2, 2024 at 10:50 AM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I'm reading that it has a violent crime rate average that is almost half the national average .

One site has it as the 32 nd most expensive place to live In the USA

That sounds like the Mountain House area. A yuppie community that is the newest city in the state. It is just to the northwest of Tracy.

Average median Home price for July 24 was $725k-$820k depending on site you look at for Tracy

this sounds like suburbia , a nice one at that
It's so bad there that Keena Turner and Bubba Paris , and MC Hammer retired there
Originally posted by 9erson3:

A good part of that city is very rough. It isn't surprising if someone doing an armed robbery is from Tracy, IMO. some solid areas in that city but parts the average person wouldn't really want to be in. on the crime index of 0-100 (100 being the safest) it is a 23.

That's what I saw a lot of people online say. People who lived there in the past said it really went downhill and it's dangerous now. They wouldn't live there again. From some blogs about it. It didn't sound good. What people had to say about it.

Nonsense. My direct report works from home and lives in Tracy. $4k a month rent for a house. Medium home prices are $700k as apposed to Bay Area at $1m. Cheaper yes but I don't think median prices $700k is trash and poverty. It's no different than any other city. Bad and good.

But you can't completely rate it on expensive housing. Because a huge amount of CA has expensive housing. That's all over the place. The key points are is there gangs, drugs, crime, violence around?
There are gangs and crime in every community. I lived in Brentwood near Antioch about 17 years ago and I was a victim of a home invasion robbery at gunpoint. Brentwood was considered a little upscale at the time. Some of the smaller communities in rural states have higher crime rates than any of the large cities. They just don't have many people so the number of crimes are small.

Nonsense. My direct report works from home and lives in Tracy. $4k a month rent for a house. Medium home prices are $700k as apposed to Bay Area at $1m. Cheaper yes but I don't think median prices $700k is trash and poverty. It's no different than any other city. Bad and good.

But you can't completely rate it on expensive housing. Because a huge amount of CA has expensive housing. That's all over the place. The key points are is there gangs, drugs, crime, violence around?

Yea , but half the national average

Nonsense. My direct report works from home and lives in Tracy. $4k a month rent for a house. Median home prices are $700k as apposed to Bay Area at $1m. Cheaper yes but I don't think median prices $700k is trash and poverty. It's no different than any other city. Bad and good.

Lol who's throwing around the words "trash" and "poverty"? Does lower middle class mean poverty to you? If so, that means you think 90% or so of the country is in poverty.

The difference between being able to afford a $700k house and $1M house is big and that's usually the difference between living In Livermore and Tracy.

I specifically said not all of its bad but that it has some rough areas. Which it absolutely does.

Modesto has million dollar homes and high rents but it also has some of the worst crime in the country in certain parts. You can't just take the overall cities cost of living and make a decision off of that. Just like Oakland has beautiful homes and wealthy neighborhoods and then some of the most poor and crime ridden places in the country in parts of Oakland.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Sep 2, 2024 at 11:04 AM ]
How do you miss heart, lungs, liver, kidneys and even bone like ribs? That's like 1 in a million. Just incredible. I still don't understand how it missed his lungs. Because from the explanation and videos it appears about that area. I would guess some partial damage there. But I don't know. You still have muscle wall damage on the chest and back. Could have hit some nerve areas. I don't know how much this effects him. To miss all the major areas I think he is very lucky though. It's almost incredible. It still takes time for the muscle wall to close and heal up. Then regain your strength and function.

The whole thing is a mess. How do you shoot your 1st round draft pick in your home city? It's unbelievable.

Yea that's what the shooter was thinking about lol Not everyone is a 49ers fan, football fan, or can even identify a player/celebrity in person. He was just thinking about that watch and getting his

Originally posted by Silky:
Yea that's what the shooter was thinking about lol Not everyone is a 49ers fan, football fan, or can even identify a player/celebrity in person. He was just thinking about that watch and getting his

Id be surprised if he knew who Ricky was - unless he did it right at the place where he was signing autographs.

I probably wouldn't recognize 90% of the guys on the team if I saw them in person - unless it was like Brock/warner/kittle/deebo/aiyuk etc. the rest of the guys I would just think are regular people. Big/muscular regular people. lol
How do you miss heart, lungs, liver, kidneys and even bone like ribs? That's like 1 in a million. Just incredible. I still don't understand how it missed his lungs. Because from the explanation and videos it appears about that area. I would guess some partial damage there. But I don't know. You still have muscle wall damage on the chest and back. Could have hit some nerve areas. I don't know how much this effects him. To miss all the major areas I think he is very lucky though. It's almost incredible. It still takes time for the muscle wall to close and heal up. Then regain your strength and function.

The whole thing is a mess. How do you shoot your 1st round draft pick in your home city? It's unbelievable.

I would recognize our 1st round draft pick easily from following this team.
Send the shooter to Pelican Bay for like 10 yrs for all I care lol. I bet he will do like 2-5 yrs max plus like 1 yr probation. Something light like that. I don't see him going away for years on end or decades. My guess..about 4 yrs, 1 yr probation on a deal or something. No expert here though, obviously haha.
Originally posted by Montana:
Send the shooter to Pelican Bay for like 10 yrs for all I care lol. I bet he will do like 2-5 yrs max plus like 1 yr probation. Something light like that. I don't see him going away for years on end or decades. My guess..about 4 yrs, 1 yr probation on a deal or something. No expert here though, obviously haha.

California state prison system is arguably the toughest in the country. lol it's ran by gangs and extremely dangerous. where ever he goes, it'll be a brutal experience for him. it won't be a cake walk.

I would recognize our 1st round draft pick easily from following this team.

Yes of course YOU would. You think everyone in SF follows the Niners? In the heat of the moment when all the adrenaline is pumping I doubt this kid was thinking about anything other than the robbery and not messing it up
Share 49ersWebzone