There are 271 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Send the shooter to Pelican Bay for like 10 yrs for all I care lol. I bet he will do like 2-5 yrs max plus like 1 yr probation. Something light like that. I don't see him going away for years on end or decades. My guess..about 4 yrs, 1 yr probation on a deal or something. No expert here though, obviously haha.

I've read statistics where after prison, the rate of repeat offenders or doing worse crime is between (best case scenario) 60% to worst case scenario - 80+%.

When a person is that steeped in negativity, there's only a small chance he can get out of it. A lot of gangs form because the members of the gang, their home situation is so abusive that being in a gang is actually (in a sense) less abusive and is actuslly a step up in the level of *family* structure than their own biological family.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I've read statistics where after prison, the rate of repeat offenders or doing worse crime is between (best case scenario) 60% to worst case scenario - 80+%.

When a person is that steeped in negativity, there's only a small chance he can get out of it. A lot of gangs form because the members of the gang, their home situation is so abusive that being in a gang is actually (in a sense) less abusive and is actuslly a step up in the level of *family* structure than their own biological family.

Yeah, I mean I get all of that. But lots of people come from broken homes and don't commit crimes nor join gangs. I don't have a lot of sympathy for those who do crimes such as this one. Should they get help/treatment/counseling? Yes. But they can get it in prison and after they leave.

So are you saying, lighter sentence or none at all for this guy, because he could have a broken home life? Or because he could be a repeat offender? Or be subject to gangs? We know nothing about this guy so far. I really think he gets about 4 yrs plus one yr probation, will not be able to own a firearm ever, mandatory classes or counseling.

Yeah, I mean I get all of that. But lots of people come from broken homes and don't commit crimes nor join gangs. I don't have a lot of sympathy for those who do crimes such as this one. Should they get help/treatment/counseling? Yes. But they can get it in prison and after they leave.

So are you saying, lighter sentence or none at all for this guy, because he could have a broken home life? Or because he could be a repeat offender? Or be subject to gangs? We know nothing about this guy so far. I really think he gets about 4 yrs plus one yr probation, will not be able to own a firearm ever, mandatory classes or counseling.

If he's tried as a juvenile his sentence would be pretty short. If he's tried as an adult and goes to San Quentin or Soledad or someplace like that then he'll either be someone's punk or he'll join a gang. He won't be going there for rehab. More like graduate school.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I'm ancient. So I know enough to know, in my life, that people can't change other people. Only he (the perpetrator of the crime) can change himself. Its his choice. Not you, me, or the prison guards. We can only be an example.

Prison - in a way - protects society from harm from these people steeped in negativity, and unfortunately it keeps these negative people with other negative people and now its hard for them to change even if they want to, becuase of the prison association makes them even more negative.

Its a tough problem that nobody has really solved since the beginning of the human race.
He'll get charged as a juvenile and let free, but that Degenerate is not long for this world, most who take on that lifestyle don't usually make it past their very early 20s if they're lucky. he'll be another statistic of the streets sooner rather than later
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Sep 2, 2024 at 1:15 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Out four weeks.

[
Originally posted by okdkid:
Out four weeks.

[

I think he'll be good to go by then, given the reports so far.

1st game is against the cardinals, might get a few reps. Will play a lot against the Seahawks since it's a Thursday night game
Sounds like we don't have to cut anyone after Trent is signed. So get it done already!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Can you practice while on NFI?
Sucks this has to count as one of our eight. Just happy he's ok.

• JMC52
  • Veteran
Glad he's got 5 weeks to recover, gonna be greet for they shoulder too
Originally posted by okdkid:
Can you practice while on NFI?

Don't think so based on this…..or maybe this is specific to only preseason

A player cannot remain on an NFI list if they participate in a practice or game during the preseason
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Sep 2, 2024 at 1:47 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

If he's tried as a juvenile his sentence would be pretty short. If he's tried as an adult and goes to San Quentin or Soledad or someplace like that then he'll either be someone's punk or he'll join a gang. He won't be going there for rehab. More like graduate school.

True, and its unfortunate. The more negative his destiny will be if he doesn't choose to make changes.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Sounds like we don't have to cut anyone after Trent is signed. So get it done already!

Yeah if they get the deal done in the next couple of days.
Figured that's what they would do
Share 49ersWebzone