There are 287 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I don't like this news. It probally means they are nowhere close to resolving the Trent situation. If they were they would just leave the roster spot open. But not only did they not do that, they added a tackle to the 53. I am now expecting Trent to not be there week 1. In order for Trent to be ready for week 1 he needs to be in the building by Wednesday at the latest.

It probably means that they want a tackle out there who can step in if Moore or McKivitz get injured.

I think Trent playing in week 1 is out of the question at this point. He last did any football activity in the Super Bowl. Yes hes a first ballot HoF but at 36 you cant just get off your ass after half a year and go straight into a football game with like one or two practices.
Brandon who? Lol
But damn 6'8", 300 lbs?
[ Edited by Montana on Sep 2, 2024 at 3:45 PM ]
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
It probably means that they want a tackle out there who can step in if Moore or McKivitz get injured.

I think Trent playing in week 1 is out of the question at this point. He last did any football activity in the Super Bowl. Yes hes a first ballot HoF but at 36 you cant just get off your ass after half a year and go straight into a football game with like one or two practices.

Players do this all the time.... There have been free agents signed on Monday and play Thursday

Not saying I think he's going to play but it won't be because of that.
Originally posted by bud49:
Is he any good? Never heard of him.

no, not really.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by bud49:
Is he any good? Never heard of him.

no, not really.

Looks like he had missed a good amount of football due to a tricep injury some time ago. Looks huge, seems like a likeable guy.
Originally posted by tankle104:
what the?!?! he was released from the hospital. it was a through and through - i dont understand why they wouldn't play him? first his "shoulder injury" and now he cant play through a gunshot wound??

are you joking?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
what the?!?! he was released from the hospital. it was a through and through - i dont understand why they wouldn't play him? first his "shoulder injury" and now he cant play through a gunshot wound??

are you joking?

Lol yes, of course.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Players do this all the time.... There have been free agents signed on Monday and play Thursday

Not saying I think he's going to play but it won't be because of that.

At age 36 while not doing any football activities for 6 months and starting at left tackle ?

I don't know. I don't even think Eric Weddle was like this in 2021 for the Rams.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

are you joking?

Lol yes, of course.

Ok good, I couldn't tell lol
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
At age 36 while not doing any football activities for 6 months and starting at left tackle ?

I don't know. I don't even think Eric Weddle was like this in 2021 for the Rams.

Eric weddle didn't play in an NFL game in nearly 2 years when rams called him for the playoffs.

Guess it depends on your definition of football activities

Throw some dirt on it.

But really, just because the rules allow reactivation in 4 weeks doesn't suggest to me that's what they expect. It does suggest he won't lose the whole season.
Originally posted by BOI49er:

Throw some dirt on it.

But really, just because the rules allow reactivation in 4 weeks doesn't suggest to me that's what they expect. It does suggest he won't lose the whole season.

I think the niners are going to slow play his return and give his shoulder extra time to heal up - they might even do the operation on the shoulder and just get him tip top mcgoo for next year. I'd like to see him this year but this is a good time to do anything like that.
Rick waiting for his ride from the hospital 24 hrs later like

Originally posted by Montana:
Rick waiting for his ride from the hospital 24 hrs later like

lol
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I've read statistics where after prison, the rate of repeat offenders or doing worse crime is between (best case scenario) 60% to worst case scenario - 80+%.

When a person is that steeped in negativity, there's only a small chance he can get out of it. A lot of gangs form because the members of the gang, their home situation is so abusive that being in a gang is actually (in a sense) less abusive and is actuslly a step up in the level of *family* structure than their own biological family.

Yeah, I mean I get all of that. But lots of people come from broken homes and don't commit crimes nor join gangs. I don't have a lot of sympathy for those who do crimes such as this one. Should they get help/treatment/counseling? Yes. But they can get it in prison and after they leave.

So are you saying, lighter sentence or none at all for this guy, because he could have a broken home life? Or because he could be a repeat offender? Or be subject to gangs? We know nothing about this guy so far. I really think he gets about 4 yrs plus one yr probation, will not be able to own a firearm ever, mandatory classes or counseling.

I'm ancient. So I know enough to know, in my life, that people can't change other people. Only he (the perpetrator of the crime) can change himself. Its his choice. Not you, me, or the prison guards. We can only be an example.

Prison - in a way - protects society from harm from these people steeped in negativity, and unfortunately it keeps these negative people with other negative people and now its hard for them to change even if they want to, becuase of the prison association makes them even more negative.

Its a tough problem that nobody has really solved since the beginning of the human race.

Well, the Roman's did two millennia ago, but you've got to be pretty brutal. They didn't have no stinkin prisons. They either fined you, exiled you, sold you into slavery, or executed you.

You got a problem with that? Yeah. Me too. But they thought it worked just fine.
Share 49ersWebzone