There are 265 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
wth is going on rn
I was a little surprised to hear the DA say they were charging the kid with attempted murder since it may be hard to prove. Looking at it from the defense's point of view they could build a defense saying he never intended to murder or even fire the weapon. They could try and say that the shooting only occurred after they fought over the gun since he didn't walk right up a shoot him. Maybe they're laying the ground work for a plea bargain where they plead guilty to the lesser charges in exchange for the murder charges being dropped.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
wth is going on rn

Not sure but there's a silly goose with a lot of bad takes
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I was a little surprised to hear the DA say they were charging the kid with attempted murder since it may be hard to prove. Looking at it from the defense's point of view they could build a defense saying he never intended to murder or even fire the weapon. They could try and say that the shooting only occurred after they fought over the gun since he didn't walk right up a shoot him. Maybe they're laying the ground work for a plea bargain where they plead guilty to the lesser charges in exchange for the murder charges being dropped.

I think attempted murder with the special circumstance "in the commission of a crime/robbery" would be pretty easy to prove, but what do I know.

How much time does Attempted Murder & Robbery carry?
[ Edited by glorydayz on Sep 4, 2024 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
90 percent of the posters on this site need to get a life.

I'd say it is more like 9 out of 10 posters.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

LOL
This is a RICKY PEARSALL thread, not a thread to debate the criminal justice system. If it doesn't specifically relate to Ricky Pearsall, it doesn't belong here. Go start a thread in the Politics side of the forum, but its taking up way too much real estate in here.

Did he say 90% of us will get life?

Life sentence???
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by 9erson3:

Not confident in the CA justice system that justice will be actually served here. Kind of a joke. Should be tried as an adult...I doubt that happens.

Just curious.

Why do you think he should be tried as an adult?

Because he tried to rob and kill somebody.

And that is adult behavior?

When you are 17 it should be tried as an adult. He's not 12.

So in your opinion a 17 year old girl should be fair game if she dresses like an adult? I mean she's almost there, she's 17.

More importantly, how does trying a minor as an adult help Ricky? Using the system as a weapon against those we don't like is just as bad as what this kid did to Ricky.

Your first paragraph response is a laughable joke. It doesn't have anything to do with anything here. Just a dumb point that makes no point.

Second paragraph is dumb too. He tried to strong arm rob somebody. Shot him through and through and tried to kill him. For a watch. Should be tried as an adult.

An adult crime should be tried as an adult. It is not like he shoplifted baseball cards.

What is an adult crime?

Attempted murder would be one

Makes no sense.

I'm so glad Ricky didn't lose his life to this young dumbass kid. No one would care as the focus would simply shift to revenge. How would this help Ricky though? Ricky is the victim here. So if Ricky said let him walk should the DA still charge the kid?

Do you think parents should get the sentence when minors commit a violent crime?

You keep throwing the word revenge. Who mentioned revenge? I think you're confusing justice for revenge

Part of justice means PUNISHMENT (it's not about revenge) and KEEPING this person AWAY from society (he is a grave danger). That's what he's missing. If there is no punishment what is to prevent people from committing crimes all day long?

Keeping a person away from society is a short term fix. Making someone is prepared to re-enter society is the long term answer.

That is a naive fallacy

If history has shown us anything, you can seldom fix dangerous people.....

There are cases when people kill in perceived self defense, or as a mob...that go on to be mostly peaceful... but genreally speaking the risk to society is not worth it....you can't fix murder.

Here is the Recidivism rate nation wide for violent crime

• 62% of male releasees had been returned to prison, compared to 47% of females;

• 63% of Blacks had been reincarcerated compared to 59% of Whites and 60% of Hispanics;

• 30.7% had returned to prison a year after release, 48.6% by year three and 60.7% by year ten.

California does not even report 10 year trends, but in a state that has a "don't care" about muggins, theft approach....they have 45% return to prison with-in 3 years on all criminals...not just the violent like the Fed report shows.....So that is anyone that has gone to jail.

I am in my 50s, and there has ALWAYS been games played with those numbers to make it appear like there is LESS crime then there is, and there has always been bad batches of people that do not care to follow societies rules.....you can't fix that.....no one can.

Even Iceland, a VERY tiny country that is statistically proven to be the safest country on earth has a 29% Recidivism rate after one year.

You can go country by country across the entire WORLD.....no one can fix people that do not give a damn about their fellow man. The numbers world wide are remarkably similar.... You can't work it out of the in Russia, you can't beat it out of them in Asia, and you can't educate it out of them in the west.....what has proven to work....is kill them, or lock them up until they are super old. hitting 70-80 years old is the only thing that really fixes stupid and evil. When they stand a real chance of being beaten to death trying to rob and hurt others..they tend to chill out a bit.

I am going to humbly take the L on this....

I had ever intention of crapping on this.....but I think it proves your point....

That Project Rebound, lets in all kinds of convicts, including convicted murders...one dude did 30 years....

They do play fast and loose with how they count students, for example to be counted in Project Rebound you have to get your degree. So if you wash out or return to jail or get arrested...they do not count you unless you finished your 4 year degree. Google will show you several arrests that Project Rebound does not count. They claim a 0%-1% return to crime....and that is not really true....but let's be REAL here....there is not 0% crime in any walk of life....your newspaper boys do not have 0% crime. What Project Rebound does, is just throw them out of system and off the books if they screw up before they graduate. in a sense they throw out their losses, and count their wins.

They have graduated 500 people since 1967, but that is better than it sounds...since they really did not have large scale funding until recently....and again of those 500 people it is 0-1% have been arrested since graduation.....

There is some base requirements to become a Project Rebound student, for example...you have graduated high school with college eligible grades, and pass pre-entry exams....so they can (and should) cherry pick candidates...but hell man....they graduated a murder 15 years ago...and I googled him...dude is happy and successful .

So, while this is not a catch all fix crime solution....I think your point stands.... As expensive as college is, I would bet time in prison cost a hefty bit too.

I can't find the numbers for washouts....but I would be curious to see what the numbers really are did they need 600 to graduate 500? Did they need 1000? how many of the washouts returned to crime, or just could not hack college life or had to return to work to take care of kids/parents....

Either way...they are doing good work.

Amazing Pearsall pulled through this criminal act with his life and mostly his health intact. There is a God somewhere!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Amazing Pearsall pulled through this criminal act with his life and mostly his health intact. There is a God somewhere!

He helped Giligaaaaaaaan, get off the island!!!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
i dislike when God gets mentioned.. there are others who weren't as fortunate.

he was lucky
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 4, 2024 at 8:15 PM ]
$30K gold chain? $9k watch. Shopping bags?

you see the suspect run here. Drop gun. Grab his arm.. Ah social media..

[ Edited by 9erson3 on Sep 4, 2024 at 8:35 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erson3:
$30K gold chain? $9k watch. Shopping bags?

you see the suspect run here. Drop gun. Grab his arm.. Ah social media..

Yeah, we are getting more details on the shooting. Stupid move to wear gold and a rolex in the city, if you ask me. Still in an ideal world, you should be able to do anything legal without being subject to such a crime.
Share 49ersWebzone