There are 783 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by Montana:
Maybe he comes back and helps carry this team to the playoffs.

Does he play defense?

Pearsall may be able to help the defense if he can make an impact. After all the best defense is a good offense.

I doubt a rookie WR who missed a ton of offseason with an apparent chronic shoulder issue and then got shot will have much of an impact this season. We'll be lucky if he even sniffs playing time.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by Montana:
Maybe he comes back and helps carry this team to the playoffs.

Does he play defense?

Pearsall may be able to help the defense if he can make an impact. After all the best defense is a good offense.

I doubt a rookie WR who missed a ton of offseason with an apparent chronic shoulder issue and then got shot will have much of an impact this season. We'll be lucky if he even sniffs playing time.

Honestly, if he caught 15-20 passes that would be huge impact. Especially considering he'd be doing it in 3/4 of a season as the number 4 receiver at best.
I just don't see where he fits in. Coming off a tragic shooting. Jauan Jennings playing out of his mind. He's #4 at best and coming off tragedy and injury. I think he barely gets any catches this year. But who knows? Thus I highly question the pick. With other very big needs. But I feel bad for what happened to him. I hope for the best and he can play well for us.
his chest must hurt like a MOFO.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I just don't see where he fits in. Coming off a tragic shooting. Jauan Jennings playing out of his mind. He's #4 at best and coming off tragedy and injury. I think he barely gets any catches this year. But who knows? Thus I highly question the pick. With other very big needs. But I feel bad for what happened to him. I hope for the best and he can play well for us.

He fits in because he's not Bell….duh. We aren't asking to carry the team or even be a huge part
Originally posted by JMC52:

He fits in because he's not Bell….duh. We aren't asking to carry the team or even be a huge part

Yeah but a 1st round pick for that? When we could have had DT, OT, C, S, CB. Wow. Such value wasted IMO. This is separate from how I feel about the person. I feel sorry for him and wish him the best. But not using value for needs in the draft is the point.

Yeah but a 1st round pick for that? When we could have had DT, OT, C, S, CB. Wow. Such value wasted IMO. This is separate from how I feel about the person. I feel sorry for him and wish him the best. But not using value for needs in the draft is the point.

With Aiyuk unsigned at time of the draft WR was a need. Even going forward his presence provides options.

you didn't need to spend a 1st to replace Bell, where he fits is a legitimate question not only this year but going forward with the Aiyuk & Jennings extensions & the Deebo restructure.
Originally posted by communist:
why no politics? another trump Fanboy?

Just can't help yourself can you
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Just can't help yourself can you

This lol

Can't wait for this guy. He is known for having good hands. He is going to be lethal on 3rd down.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
He fits in on short yardage and in the red zone where the field gets compressed and teams play man coverage. Man coverage that is kryptonite to our two overpaid and overrated diva WR's.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
his chest must hurt like a MOFO.

Those are speed holes!
Come on kid, get back out there.

And hopefully the Stadium Speakers are blasting a sample of the beginning of this, after every Ricky big play.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 30, 2024 at 8:39 PM ]
the dude is eMAC all over again... with better speed !!
Share 49ersWebzone