There are 233 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I just don't see where he fits in. Coming off a tragic shooting. Jauan Jennings playing out of his mind. He's #4 at best and coming off tragedy and injury. I think he barely gets any catches this year. But who knows? Thus I highly question the pick. With other very big needs. But I feel bad for what happened to him. I hope for the best and he can play well for us.

He fits in because he's not Bell….duh. We aren't asking to carry the team or even be a huge part
you didn't need to spend a 1st to replace Bell, where he fits is a legitimate question not only this year but going forward with the Aiyuk & Jennings extensions & the Deebo restructure.

We didn't spend a first to replace Bell, obviously. At this current moment he is an upgrade over bell who already cost us a game.
he was drafted to replace Aiyuk or Debo and thats still the plan
[ Edited by JMC52 on Oct 1, 2024 at 10:10 AM ]
With Ricky's practice window not being open this week and a short week afterwards, I think the earliest we could see him in a game is October 20th vs the Chiefs.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I just don't see where he fits in. Coming off a tragic shooting. Jauan Jennings playing out of his mind. He's #4 at best and coming off tragedy and injury. I think he barely gets any catches this year. But who knows? Thus I highly question the pick. With other very big needs. But I feel bad for what happened to him. I hope for the best and he can play well for us.

He fits in because he's not Bell….duh. We aren't asking to carry the team or even be a huge part
you didn't need to spend a 1st to replace Bell, where he fits is a legitimate question not only this year but going forward with the Aiyuk & Jennings extensions & the Deebo restructure.

We didn't spend a first to replace Bell, obviously. At this current moment he is an upgrade over bell who already cost us a game.
he was drafted to replace Aiyuk or Debo and thats still the plan
When exactly is he gonna replace one of them?

If the answer isn't after this season then it's perfectly valid to question the logic behind this pick.

If the answer isn't after this season then it's perfectly valid to question the logic behind this pick.

Draft picks on a good roster aren't always meant for year one massive production. I think it's safe to say Deebo is more than likely gone after this season.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Draft picks on a good roster aren't always meant for year one massive production. I think it's safe to say Deebo is more than likely gone after this season.

An o lineman would have been better

They probably should be when you have glaring holes and are trying to win a championship,and I assumed Deebo was on his way out with this pick aswell but I'm not so sure after his contract restructure.

Trading Deebo would cost team 16 mil in cap space. Cutting him even more.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
With Ricky's practice window not being open this week and a short week afterwards, I think the earliest we could see him in a game is October 20th vs the Chiefs.

no need to rush him
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

People wanted us to draft guyton and sumataria, both of whom are garbage (sumataria has been benched). I understand other OL have been good but that is the crux. You can't just draft OL high & they work out. The giants have poured more into the ol in top 3 rounds over the past 6 years than any other team and their ol is horrendous.

With all that said I do wish we'd throw random picks at OL like we do all these trash RBs :(
[ Edited by frenchmov on Oct 2, 2024 at 5:18 PM ]
Originally posted by frenchmov:

People wanted us to draft guyton and sumataria, both of whom are garbage (sumataria has been benched). I understand other OL have been good but that is the crux. You can't just draft OL high & they work out. The giants have poured more into the ol in top 3 rounds over the past 6 years than any other team and their ol is horrendous.

With all that said I do wish we'd throw random picks at OL like we do all these trash RBs :(
And some wanted them to go C and the two that would've been in play for the pick are playing pretty well at this point.

he GONNA play this weekend ??

well...you know what they say the draft if a crap shoot, but you have to play the game if you want a chance to win it.

Whatever the 49ers are doing is working....they are well above league averages for the players they take sticking in the NFL.

Clearly this is not darts at a dart board, they are making educated guess and beating league averages.....

I think what fans find frustrating is having 2 extra RBs or whatever... sticking on some other team is a good sign the draft guys did see something, but it does the 49ers no good.

Some of the "wasted" draft picks have panned out as depth here, and made the roster for other teams.....I think the frustration comes from let's not worry about spending high draft picks on who is going. to be wr 4 or 5, and get in dudes who can push some unplayable talent off the roster.

I really do think Purdy is (or at least SHOULD) change how the 49ers draft. We had all this capital aimed at TE, RB and WR in the last few years, and HAD that doomsday situation go down.... almost every high profile skill position guy went down at the same time....and not a single recent contingency player saved the day.

We rolled out an off the street RB, cast off WRs (and JJ), and cast off TEs....and were fineeeeee on offense.

time to hit the trenches in the draft.
And some wanted them to go C and the two that would've been in play for the pick are playing pretty well at this point.

Yeah, that's the dice roll. I'm sure those people who asked for those centers asked for other players that ended up being trash in the past. You never know!

Yeah, that's the dice roll. I'm sure those people who asked for those centers asked for other players that ended up being trash in the past. You never know!
It's all a crapshoot,but the only way this pick really made sense is if the plan was to move on from Aiyuk or Deebo by next offseason.

It's all a crapshoot,but the only way this pick really made sense is if the plan was to move on from Aiyuk or Deebo by next offseason.
i think the plan was to have Feli at Center with Puni at RG and having another receiving weapon to burn Defenses with play action when they stack the box

but it looks like we need to muster the storm before we can get to see it
Share 49ersWebzone