There are 244 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
And some wanted them to go C and the two that would've been in play for the pick are playing pretty well at this point.

Yeah, that's the dice roll. I'm sure those people who asked for those centers asked for other players that ended up being trash in the past. You never know!
It's all a crapshoot,but the only way this pick really made sense is if the plan was to move on from Aiyuk or Deebo by next offseason.
i think the plan was to have Feli at Center with Puni at RG and having another receiving weapon to burn Defenses with play action when they stack the box

but it looks like we need to muster the storm before we can get to see it

Same. Stacking the box as well.as someone that could best man coverage. I definitely see the vision. It will just take patience to see it come to fruition.

With that said, no excuse to not hit Oline three times next year. Center is at the top for me because we can solidify the middle real soon with Puni working out so well. I'd love if we could potentially run with either Zakelj-rookie- Puni or rookie- Puni- Zakelj (assuming Zakelj can take another step forward). Purdy could just step up to avoid pressure likely coming from the RT position. I still want a RT drafted, but I think we can get elite talent ready to go in year 1 at IOL whereas right tackle, maybe not so much.

Great pass pro would also be huge for receivers like Pearsall, Aiyuk, and Cowing.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Oct 3, 2024 at 12:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
An o lineman would have been better

Like who?
They probably should be when you have glaring holes and are trying to win a championship,and I assumed Deebo was on his way out with this pick aswell but I'm not so sure after his contract restructure.

You need the player that can fit that "glaring hole" who was that? They were drafting 31st overall. Who knows maybe Ricky turns into a damn good WR for this team. Not every pick can be a day 1 starter….just draft good players and go from there.

yes you might be right value Deebo, I forgot about the restructure. Might be a post June 1st thing if it happens. If not sweet I'll keep Deebo for as long as possible.
i think the plan was to have Feli at Center with Puni at RG and having another receiving weapon to burn Defenses with play action when they stack the box

Totally agree, alot of people are underestimating the Feliciano injury. We're at least 3-1 right now if John was healthy imo.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Like who?

JPJ, Frazier, Rosengarten, Kingsley, Paul, Fisher etc.

I get that they would have been considered reaches, but do you think you or I would give a s**t right now if they were starting over Brendal or McK etc? Hell no.

Also to be clear I like Ricky and it's not his fault he got shot. I think he will eventually be a good player. In fact I think his play style and twitchiness is perfect for this offense and Purdy, but it wont matter if he has not time to get him the ball and we have 3 WR I don't see him supplanting anytime soon so it just makes this pick seem dumb to me given the teams SB aspirations.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Totally agree, alot of people are underestimating the Feliciano injury. We're at least 3-1 right now if John was healthy imo.

100% agree here. Hopefully this pans out.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
cOriginally posted by Cisco0623:

Like who?

I get that they would have been considered reaches, but do you think you or I would give a s**t right now if they were starting over Brendal or McK etc? Hell no.

Also to be clear I like Ricky and it's not his fault he got shot. I think he will eventually be a good player. In fact I think his play style and twitchiness is perfect for this offense and Purdy, but it wont matter if he has not time to get him the ball and we have 3 WR I don't see him supplanting anytime soon so it just makes this pick seem dumb to me given the teams SB aspirations.

I wanted a JPJ selection so badly.

Kingsley has been terrible so yes you would give a sh*t. Rosengarten has also been up and down.

They don't need to draft an OL just to draft one. They need to draft the right guys.

they could have had Kinsley in the 2nd and said no. They more than likely could have had Rosegarden as well with the smallest trade up in the 2nd. He's been far from amazing and not much better than Colton so far.

JPJ has been hurt & not good this yr, Kinsley was benched, Paul when he's played has been bad, Fisher even worse.

Frazier is the only dude that's looked like a serviceable starter and that's more as a run-blocker than pass protector.

assuming any of those dudes would be massive improvements is a stretch. I'm all for going OL and getting some guys, don't reach just because.

look I wasn't team Ricky. I get it. I wanted OL. Overall assuming anything with these dudes after 4 weeks into their rookie season is pointless. No one has shown they're really a much better pick than the other….
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Kingsley has been terrible so yes you would give a sh*t. Rosengarten has also been up and down.

They don't need to draft an OL just to draft one. They need to draft the right guys.

As of right now they drafted the best rookie lineman out of that list in Puni

they could have had Kinsley in the 2nd and said no. They more than likely could have had Rosegarden as well with the smallest trade up in the 2nd. He's been far from amazing and not much better than Colton so far.

JPJ has been hurt & not good this yr, Kinsley was benched, Paul when he's played has been bad, Fisher even worse.

Frazier is the only dude that's looked like a serviceable starter and that's more as a run-blocker than pass protector.

assuming any of those dudes would be massive improvements is a stretch. I'm all for going OL and getting some guys, don't reach just because.

look I wasn't team Ricky. I get it. I wanted OL. Overall assuming anything with these dudes after 4 weeks into their rookie season is pointless. No one has shown they're really a much better pick than the other….

Powers-Johnson has looked really good.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Draft picks on a good roster aren't always meant for year one massive production. I think it's safe to say Deebo is more than likely gone after this season.

Trading Deebo would cost team 16 mil in cap space. Cutting him even more.

Would Kyle really be willing to part ways with Deebo?
Originally posted by SFrush:

So many think they should have taken an O lineman but who? The ones that were likely starters were off the board.
They probably should be when you have glaring holes and are trying to win a championship,and I assumed Deebo was on his way out with this pick aswell but I'm not so sure after his contract restructure.

You need the player that can fit that "glaring hole" who was that? They were drafting 31st overall. Who knows maybe Ricky turns into a damn good WR for this team. Not every pick can be a day 1 starter….just draft good players and go from there.

yes you might be right value Deebo, I forgot about the restructure. Might be a post June 1st thing if it happens. If not sweet I'll keep Deebo for as long as possible.
Zach Frazier and Jackson Powers Johnson were both available at 31 or even in a trade down.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by SFrush:

So many think they should have taken an O lineman but who? The ones that were likely starters were off the board.
Frazier and Powers Johnson were both considered day 1 starters.
Share 49ersWebzone