Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
they could have had Kinsley in the 2nd and said no. They more than likely could have had Rosegarden as well with the smallest trade up in the 2nd. He's been far from amazing and not much better than Colton so far.

JPJ has been hurt & not good this yr, Kinsley was benched, Paul when he's played has been bad, Fisher even worse.

Frazier is the only dude that's looked like a serviceable starter and that's more as a run-blocker than pass protector.

assuming any of those dudes would be massive improvements is a stretch. I'm all for going OL and getting some guys, don't reach just because.

look I wasn't team Ricky. I get it. I wanted OL. Overall assuming anything with these dudes after 4 weeks into their rookie season is pointless. No one has shown they're really a much better pick than the other….

Powers-Johnson has looked really good.
So many think they should have taken an O lineman but who? The ones that were likely starters were off the board.
Frazier and Powers Johnson were both considered day 1 starters.

Maybe not in Kyle's scheme of zone blocking. Not every lineman can play that style.
Frazier was absolutely a scheme fit.

Maybe he would have been great but he lasted until the 19th pick in round 2. Do you know if they would have taken him had he fallen to them in round 2. They obviously thought a WR in the first was a bigger need with the possibility of Aiyuk or Deebo being traded in 2025. Maybe they were wrong but it doesn't make any sense to keep whining about it.
No one is whining its a discussion on a message board of all places imagine that if you're not interested in the topic move along its not that hard.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by BP13:
looking forward to seeing this guy hopefully inject some life into the team. Seems like he's got some swagger and he's a fresh take for this team, might be able to execute in the red zone.

Would be wild if he isn't used because you know Kyle .. .
Is that wild or on-brand?

Completely the latter It's wild because I thought the Pearsall, Cowing, Puni, and Guerendo picks were about evolving the offense, getting more man beating guys, and countering the way defenses were defending us.
Pearsall and a 4th for Davante. Who says no lol! Totally know that's a Madden trade but screw it.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Pearsall and a 4th for Davante. Who says no lol! Totally know that's a Madden trade but screw it.

I do. Pearsall was shot, man. Give him time.
Kyle's an @$$hole
Still have a bum shoulder?
Originally posted by fropwns:

AGREE...
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Some of you are not appreciating how much Pearsall will help unstuck the RZ offense. Elite separator. He can do that from day one. Was doing it in TC every day. Also tremendous leaping ability with hands.

He should help as soon as he's allowed.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Some of you are not appreciating how much Pearsall will help unstuck the RZ offense. Elite separator. He can do that from day one. Was doing it in TC every day. Also tremendous leaping ability with hands.

I believe he will...when he is allowed.

I suspect they are playing it slow to make sure the shoulder will not flare up again. Also, there may be something along the bullet path that is bringing extra caution.
Originally posted by fropwns:

Some 49er fans think he wasn't shot enough.

I was initially thinking he was going to be out a couple of months at least. 5 weeks seemed a little early. I am no Dr but it seemed early. A .40 cal in and out of the body? Yeah, that's going to be a while. They probably are going to ease him in and limit him. Maybe by the holidays this guy will be full go. If not, I expect him to be a force next season .
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by BP13:
looking forward to seeing this guy hopefully inject some life into the team. Seems like he's got some swagger and he's a fresh take for this team, might be able to execute in the red zone.

Would be wild if he isn't used because you know Kyle .. .
Is that wild or on-brand?

Completely the latter It's wild because I thought the Pearsall, Cowing, Puni, and Guerendo picks were about evolving the offense, getting more man beating guys, and countering the way defenses were defending us.

I highly suspect, that most teams do not have super deep plans to "evolve" the offense year 1 of a rookie class....when they are talking about what AT BEST would be the 4th and 5th string WRs, and the 4th string RB
Originally posted by okdkid:

He may but I don't see him having an impact this season. Aiyuk, Jennings, Deebo, and Kittle are good enough weapons in the redzone yet we still have trouble.

He missed a lot of practice and there is a long line of guys ahead of him.
Any chance he sees the field against KC?
Share 49ersWebzone