There are 122 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
No pressure fielding punts?
I said personally I would trot him out there.

But I don't think they will because of pressure.

Would love to see it cause Cowing isn't it

At this point, I just want someone sure handed to fair catch it every time. Lol just no more damn turnovers
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
I am holding comments until he sees the field. Been burned by many drafted receivers that flamed out. Does that ring a Bell?

Bell was a late round guy and he's a scrub. This guy was highly thought of, runs great routes, has great hands, had real good timed speed and quickness. It's the shoulder, hamstrings and worst of all the tragic shooting. I don't think we needed a WR as much as some things. I wish we didn't pick that position. But from a personal point of view I hope he makes it. I feel bad for the guy and what happened. Hope he recovers fully at least. Whatever happens with his playing days.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
No pressure fielding punts?
I said personally I would trot him out there.

But I don't think they will because of pressure.

Would love to see it cause Cowing isn't it

I think he's got a good case of the jitters, saying he ain't it feels early. He needs to get his s**t together but I still think he can be that guy at PR
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I am holding comments until he sees the field. Been burned by many drafted receivers that flamed out. Does that ring a Bell?

Bell was a late round guy and he's a scrub. This guy was highly thought of, runs great routes, has great hands, had real good timed speed and quickness. It's the shoulder, hamstrings and worst of all the tragic shooting. I don't think we needed a WR as much as some things. I wish we didn't pick that position. But from a personal point of view I hope he makes it. I feel bad for the guy and what happened. Hope he recovers fully at least. Whatever happens with his playing days.

Completely agree. I am pulling for him to exceed expectations and help us turn the corner.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Still don't get this pick. Our top 3 WR are set for years.
Originally posted by All22:

Deebo is washed and gone after this year.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

With his contract adjustment that is extremely unlikely. Not gonna take a 31 mil cap hit and lose 15 mil to trade him.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 11, 2024 at 11:36 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

With his contract adjustment that is extremely unlikely. Not gonna take a 31 mil cap hit and lose 15 mil to trade him.

Yeah I agree....As much as I'm in favor of best player available, we do have 3 receivers at least for next year. Huff is gone, Moony is gone hopefully we can keep Lenoir. We will have 2 expensive WR's and one great bargain reciever.

Therfore I wish somehow we could have added to our oline.

Sometimes I feel every member should have a link to their real life facebook or social media. Real name, with pic etc. Because maybe then folks would think twice before saying ridiculous things on this forum, out of potential embarrassment.

Did you not see him use his breakaway speed to turn a 20 yard catch into a long TD?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 12, 2024 at 3:54 PM ]
About Pearsall though. He was clocked 4.41 in the 40 yard dash, the same as the Colts Alec Peirce.

Peirce is killing with the Colts... burning people left and right for bombs. If Ricky can bring those types of explosive plays to this offense, then wow....
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 12, 2024 at 1:22 AM ]

Couple reasons:

1. Good teams draft BPA not matter what. Player may not me mine or yours BPA though
2. When players are drafted often times the pick is not for the immediate year but for what coming in the next 2-3 years
3. Injuries. how many full seasons has Deebo played?

Originally posted by miked1978:

Couple reasons:

1. Good teams draft BPA not matter what. Player may not me mine or yours BPA though
2. When players are drafted often times the pick is not for the immediate year but for what coming in the next 2-3 years

We need separators and good slot guys. We need tough WRs. Slick Rick does both of those.

time will tell
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

They picked him because they'll probably need to trde either Deebo or Aiyuk next year. They probably won't be able to afford 2 receivers making $25 million plus once they sign Brock. I would trade Aiyuk but that big contract on top of the way he's playing so far might make it hard to get value for him.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Couple reasons:

Also, Kyle said he needed WRs who can do better against man coverage.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Sometimes I feel every member should have a link to their real life facebook or social media. Real name, with pic etc. Because maybe then folks would think before twice saying ridiculous things on this forum, out of potential embarrassment.

Did you not see him use his breakaway speed to turn a 20 yard catch into a long TD?

My man.
Share 49ersWebzone