LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 272 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
According to Lynch, Aiyuk texted "fire pick" after the pearsall selection...so there's that.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I have said this all along. We are not getting rid of Ayiuk. Dealing Deebo makes more sense. Why deal the better of the two?

How the hell are the 9ers gonna absorb that cap hit is the question? That's why I don't buy that they are trading Deebo. 9ers just don't f**k with their cap like that, they ain't Denver.

They save 6.9m if they trade him...

They get dealt a -$21 mil cap hit if they do trade him.

Dead cap 21m but they save 6.9m. His cap now is 28m it would go down to 21m
His age is definitely a con but also a pro. He's ready to go day 1. His route running is advanced and shows years of honed craft...

On the con side: he's going to be almost 30 when it's time for his first contract.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 25, 2024 at 9:54 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerFate:
Originally posted by 91til:
Originally posted by okdkid:
CJ Stroud is literally speechless on the Bleacher Report breakdown. Says Pearsall is elite and Niners will be "scary" with him. "He's like Tank". "Shanahan and him is real tough"

wow that's fire haha if anyone finds this clip

Here ya go
CJ Loves Ricky Pearsall

CJ has Diggs, Dell, and Collins and Schultz.....he doesn't need anyone, LOL
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I have said this all along. We are not getting rid of Ayiuk. Dealing Deebo makes more sense. Why deal the better of the two?

How the hell are the 9ers gonna absorb that cap hit is the question? That's why I don't buy that they are trading Deebo. 9ers just don't f**k with their cap like that, they ain't Denver.

They are already absorbing it, getting picks for him won't change that fact.
Originally posted by Heroism:
the age is definitely a con but also a pro. His route running reflects years of honed craft; he's going to be almost 30 when it's time for his first contract.

But he'll command 60 million per anyway so it's a wash.

Yes but is cap hit currently is 28 million. If you trade him now you absorb the whole hit this year and clear the 15 mil cap hit next year.

This is unfortunately a financial move more than anything.
I think Kyle wanted that 5th year option. Otherwise it makes no sense why they didn't just trade out of the 1st RD and then draft him.
His age is definitely a con but also a pro. He's ready to go day 1. His route running is advanced and shows years of honed craft...

On the con side: he's going to be almost 30 when it's time for his first contract.

Age-related discount!
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Absolutely stupid. Can't wait to get beat in the NFCCG or SB again because we either can't stop the pass or can't even pass because our OL is a disaster.

While I hoped the 49ers would have addressed the tackle position in the first round, there's still good picks to be had in the second. If we don't grab one then, it might be yet another "project" pick. Which I won't be wild about.

with a couple rings
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Yes but is cap hit currently is 28 million. If you trade him now you absorb the whole hit this year and clear the 15 mil cap hit next year.

This is unfortunately a financial move more than anything.

Aiight, if it's gonna work out that way, then I guess so. I wouldn't trade Deebo or BA though, much rather trade Jennings and have Pearsall in Jennings role.
just imagine the next SB rook Pearsall vs rook Worthy for the crown
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I think Kyle wanted that 5th year option. Otherwise it makes no sense why they didn't just trade out of the 1st RD and then draft him.

He'll need that 5th-year option if he spends his first two years in Kyle's doghouse like rookie WRs normally do.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
just imagine the next SB rook Pearsall vs rook Worthy for the crown

You already know the result.
Share 49ersWebzone