There are 257 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Considering how good our rookie class looks this year I don't expect Ricky to be an exception.
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Considering how good our rookie class looks this year I don't expect Ricky to be an exception.

He has the most to come back from and the longest way to go. The injuries are pretty bad. Some even tragic. The mental block can even be there. After an incident like that you may play scared. More cautious. He was almost killed. It missed everything. But the psychological ramifications can be there. Unsure of the muscle wall damage on both sides. Does it effect his play? We just don't know. I hope for the best for him and feel bad for him. But I think he will have a ways to go.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He has the most to come back from and the longest way to go. The injuries are pretty bad. Some even tragic. The mental block can even be there. After an incident like that you may play scared. More cautious. He was almost killed. It missed everything. But the psychological ramifications can be there. Unsure of the muscle wall damage on both sides. Does it effect his play? We just don't know. I hope for the best for him and feel bad for him. But I think he will have a ways to go.

Bro why so melodramatic? Are you ok?

Everything I said there is true. Hope for the best for him. But we will see. They will probably take it along slowly.
Everything I said there is true. Hope for the best for him. But we will see. They will probably take it along slowly.

You are clearly stressed. I'm not expecting #1 WR play but he was a 1st round pick who our coaches and scouts love in a fantastic looking rookie class. He is fully healthy. Now if he has some weak mental issues like you clearly have than yes we have a problem…
I think he will come out ballin'
Originally posted by Montana:
I think he will come out ballin'

It'll be hard for him to get snaps behind Deebo, JJ, BA. Especially since we don't run many 4 WR sets.

I hope they get him out there - even if it's at the RB position and have him run routes. I think he could be big time on third downs and red zones cause of his quickness and hands.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Sometimes I feel every member should have a link to their real life facebook or social media. Real name, with pic etc. Because maybe then folks would think twice before saying ridiculous things on this forum, out of potential embarrassment.

Did you not see him use his breakaway speed to turn a 20 yard catch into a long TD?

Yeah he got away from a bulky linebacker on open field which is something that any receiver in the NFL should do.....heck even Jennings would do it

Wake me up if he can outrun McDuffie next week .
Man.. I don't hate Pearsall by any means, but I still can't get over passing on Frazier and JPJ there. Receiver was the absolute last position we needed. Imagine how nice it would be to have our C of the future and an easy replacement for Brendel who struggles with getting blown up on a wkly basis and/or killing a drive with a bad penalty.

I did give Ricky the gold helmet grade and knew Kyle would love him, but never thought he would go this high. Graded him a top 64 talent. I figured we would target him in round two.

All I can say is I hope it somehow ultimately works out for us..

He is way to young for the drama. We were invincible when we were that age. If anything, he'll be gangsta

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
My expectations for Pearsall the rest of this season is 150 yards 1 TD. If he gets that I'll be stoked!!!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Man.. I don't hate Pearsall by any means, but I still can't get over passing on Frazier and JPJ there. Receiver was the absolute last position we needed. Imagine how nice it would be to have our C of the future and an easy replacement for Brendel who struggles with getting blown up on a wkly basis and/or killing a drive with a bad penalty.

I did give Ricky the gold helmet grade and knew Kyle would love him, but never thought he would go this high. Graded him a top 64 talent. I figured we would target him in round two.

All I can say is I hope it somehow ultimately works out for us..

probably already has worked out..... If Pearsall is a top 64 player in that draft.

We all know Pearsall was annual Deebo is hurt, and BA might hold out insurance. That was the smart pick...if....Pearsall is a top 64 talent.

Grabbing Green, and Puni in round 2 and 3...is probably better then C, Pearsall, and some other CB in 3...

So if... Pearsall is worth a 1 or 2....it is hard to argue Pearsall, Green and Puni was a terrible alternative to center, Pearsall and some other CB 1, 2 and 3.

Even if somehow Pearsall slipped to the 3rd round...if the dude is a top 64 guy...a center, Green and Pearsall is probably roughly equal to Pearsall, Green and Puni.
Originally posted by tankle104:
It'll be hard for him to get snaps behind Deebo, JJ, BA. Especially since we don't run many 4 WR sets.

I hope they get him out there - even if it's at the RB position and have him run routes. I think he could be big time on third downs and red zones cause of his quickness and hands.

Yeah I think he could be Red Zone Ricky:). Bell could only dream of having hands like that lol. I hope the crowd roars with cheers when Rick steps on the field.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by BP13:
looking forward to seeing this guy hopefully inject some life into the team. Seems like he's got some swagger and he's a fresh take for this team, might be able to execute in the red zone.

Would be wild if he isn't used because you know Kyle .. .
Is that wild or on-brand?

Completely the latter It's wild because I thought the Pearsall, Cowing, Puni, and Guerendo picks were about evolving the offense, getting more man beating guys, and countering the way defenses were defending us.

I highly suspect, that most teams do not have super deep plans to "evolve" the offense year 1 of a rookie class....when they are talking about what AT BEST would be the 4th and 5th string WRs, and the 4th string RB

We have nothing going on in the redzone. It's clear we can still move the ball and get yardage. This season looks totally different if just half our field goals are touchdowns. We don't need these guys to be our top options right now. But definitely need guys that can get open and loosen up what's happening when we are in scoring position.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
probably already has worked out..... If Pearsall is a top 64 player in that draft.

We all know Pearsall was annual Deebo is hurt, and BA might hold out insurance. That was the smart pick...if....Pearsall is a top 64 talent.

Grabbing Green, and Puni in round 2 and 3...is probably better then C, Pearsall, and some other CB in 3...

So if... Pearsall is worth a 1 or 2....it is hard to argue Pearsall, Green and Puni was a terrible alternative to center, Pearsall and some other CB 1, 2 and 3.

Even if somehow Pearsall slipped to the 3rd round...if the dude is a top 64 guy...a center, Green and Pearsall is probably roughly equal to Pearsall, Green and Puni.

Love this perspective.
Share 49ersWebzone