There are 168 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Predator85:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Might as well activate Ricky. Bell and Conley don't offer anything on offense unfortunately, and with Deebo and Jennings banged up, we need the help.

They have 2 kicker occupying 2 roster spot , need to IR one and activate Ricky.

I don't know why they didn't put Moody on IR to begin with. That high ankle isn't gonna be healed in 4 weeks.
Might as well activate Ricky. Bell and Conley don't offer anything on offense unfortunately, and with Deebo and Jennings banged up, we need the help.

I don't know why they didn't put Moody on IR to begin with. That high ankle isn't gonna be healed in 4 weeks.

You only get so many IR stashes a yr
So happy to see him out there.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

IIRC teams are allowed 8 IR "designated for return" instances per season. Choose wisely.
Full go in practice, looks great! Awesome!
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
IIRC teams are allowed 8 IR "designated for return" instances per season. Choose wisely.

Yup I think you're correct
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Correct. Thankfully, PUP and NFI returns don't count towards that total. And you get an additional 2 returns if you make the playoffs.

I understand though that it's so early in the season they may be being conservative just in case.

As of right now, guys eligible to return are:

RB McCaffrey
CB Thomas
OL Feliciano
S Hufanga
DL Gross Matos

And we've used 1/8 already with Kalia Davis. It's probably why we haven't opened Feliciano's window yet. After analyzing it. Yeah, it would be a risk to have used a spot on Moody.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 17, 2024 at 7:27 AM ]
League just needs to go to the baseball model and have a short term and long term IR.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
League just needs to go to the baseball model and have a short term and long term IR.

Plus fully gaurenteed contracts.

Conley is pretty good on special teams though. He's the one chase down from behind guy we have. With real great speed. I believe around 4.35. He almost got there on the kick return for a TD. He was making up huge ground. While the play scored and it wasn't a net positive. He did show his chase down from behind skills. Which you need that. Especially on this team where we are so bad at tackling on the kickoff. So IMO he has value there. If he keeps doing that he will catch one sometime. Which may be a FG. Instead of a TD. Watch the tape on that one. The catch up speed is on display.

For an occasional out route to the sideline he does get open and Purdy hits him. He's further down the depth chart. But his speed helps. He's better than Bell by a lot anyway. That's the bottom line.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 17, 2024 at 12:19 PM ]

Originally posted by Montana:
Full go in practice, looks great! Awesome!

I'd like to see this kid turned loose on the Chiefs. He can run one of Shanahan's favorite play calls. WR out of the backfield thanks to a nifty Brock Purdy hand off.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Plus fully gaurenteed contracts.

If I was an owner there's no way I would want fully guaranteed contracts. Way too many career ending injuries in football.
nvmd
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Oct 17, 2024 at 1:11 PM ]
I'm excited to see Pearsall suit up. When he takes the field, he's probably going to get a huge ovation. Overall, I think he'll bring a really nice element to the offense.
We need Ricky and Cowing to turn on the burners / get TDs
Share 49ersWebzone