There are 230 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Everyone keeps saying its doubtful he gets activated, but if he's healthy, why the heck not?

Is Conley better? Is Bell? We drafted him first for a reason.

Play the rookies who can beat man coverage. See what they can do. Deebo, Aiyuk, Cowing, and Pearsall may be our best options.

Cowing needs to stop falling down, it's like he's Gerald Ford.

Fantastic reference! I still remember the SNL skits with Chevy Chase playing Ford.
Trent said he looks good and hopefully can play Sunday.

However, apparently Michael Silver says he couldn't lift his arm over his head a little over a week ago.

So.. I don't know.. I feel like we're probably not going to see him until next week.

Looks like we'll be hoping Deebo can go and we'll ride with Samuel, Aiyuk, Cowing, Conley, and Bell. May activate an extra tight end even.

He definitely can't play if he can't lift his arm over his head. Pretty much necessary for over the head catches. His injuries are still very serious despite having missed all vital organs. It's no joke what happened to him. They will bring him along slowly and when he is ready. I really wish this all didn't happen to him. But it did. First as a human being for him. Second as our 1st round pick. What terrible misfortune for us and this team. Hope he does fully recover and is ready eventually.

However, apparently Michael Silver says he couldn't lift his arm over his head a little over a week ago.

So.. I don't know.. I feel like we're probably not going to see him until next week.

Looks like we'll be hoping Deebo can go and we'll ride with Samuel, Aiyuk, Cowing, Conley, and Bell. May activate an extra tight end even.
practice vids are out of him making all the catches and receiving punts without any issues

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He definitely can't play if he can't lift his arm over his head. Pretty much necessary for over the head catches. His injuries are still very serious despite having missed all vital organs. It's no joke what happened to him. They will bring him along slowly and when he is ready. I really wish this all didn't happen to him. But it did. First as a human being for him. Second as our 1st round pick. What terrible misfortune for us and this team. Hope he does fully recover and is ready eventually.

Being shot is serious but in his case he was unbelievably lucky. No organ damage. No muscle damage. No bones broken. Bullet went right through. He was out of the hospital and back in the locker room after one day. He wouldn't have been released if it had done any real damage.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
practice vids are out of him making all the catches and receiving punts without any issues

man he looks good in that video....

I don't think we have anyone on the team with that foot speed in and out of cuts....he looks different than what we see week in and week out.
Remember how rusty Aiyuk looked? Imagine a rookie who has already missed tons of time in camp and practice coming off a shooting with a shoulder issue. He's probably not close to being ready to step on the field. Esp against a defense like KC.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 18, 2024 at 8:27 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Remember how rusty Aiyuk looked? Imagine a rookie who has already missed tons of time in camp and practice coming off a shooting with a shoulder issue. He's probably not close to being ready to step on the field. Esp against a defense like KC.

He has the same number of TD pass receptions as Aiyuk this year.

Crabtree did well his first game. Never know, the kid could be different.
[ Edited by Predator85 on Oct 18, 2024 at 8:37 AM ]

Or he may more motivation and focus than any of us could possibly imagine. He has to go swim sooner or later, why not now?
Maybe he will be ready in time for the playoffs and he gets a winning TD in one of them . I wasn't even expecting him to be practicing this early but he is already cutting it loose some. He does seem to be mindful a bit of his upper body movements in the video. Idk. Just gotta take it as slow as need be and then come back full beast mode when the time is right. Love the way he runs, his hands look great, just all very tight looking. Can't wait to see this guy full go.
[ Edited by Montana on Oct 18, 2024 at 8:47 AM ]

eh two different situations - Aiyuk had been doing "home workouts" alone since feb.Then came back a week before the season and was awfully rusty.

Pearsall has been grinding and in camp since he was drafted and training at nfl academy programs. he's only missed the last month but we dont know what hes been doing training wise.

I expect him to have some rust but not as bad as aiyuk.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I had dreams last night about Ricky playing.... not sure if that's weird or not
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:

The kid has shown he's a hard worker with a good head on his shoulders. I hope he shines and earns that second contract with the 9ers of course!!!
Share 49ersWebzone