There are 265 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
Is he still sub 200? Don't see many receivers under 200 that can hold up to NFL hits. Hopefully he can dodge hits aka Brandon Lloyd. If we get a much faster version of Kendrick Bourne I will be happy.

200 doesn't mean much. you got guys like Zay Flowers and Xavier Worthy doing their thing. all about hard to cover. Flowers is in a very run heavy Raven O. we already know pearsall is tough. Cosell was talking him up on the blocking. perfect for our system he said, that was before the pick, he kinda predicted the pick. just my opinion. we got some real tanks like Deebo and JJ, let's get some diff body types that are more quick and slot wr.
Is he still sub 200? Don't see many receivers under 200 that can hold up to NFL hits. Hopefully he can dodge hits aka Brandon Lloyd. If we get a much faster version of Kendrick Bourne I will be happy.

Davonte Smith is like 170 lbs. soaking wet. He plays. Even really well statistically.
What was this like 8 weeks ago? Approximately? How in the world man? He got shot through and through and comes out the other side. Misses all major organs, lungs, major nerves, bone. Just muscle tissue damage on both sides that healed up? He must have a adamantium skeleton. I've never heard of anything like this in my life. To be shot through and through and come back and play in 8 weeks is outrageous. Just unheard of. He's unlucky to get shot of course. But it has to be the luckiest shot of all time to miss all that and have this quick of a turn around. He's built from adamantium.

I hope for the best for him personally and hope he can help us. We could use a guy who can separate from coverage.
Perfect time to be coming back with Jennings being out. Curious how much they will use him. I am trying to tamper my expectations considering the circumstances of his return but extremely excited to actually see him play. Can you imagine if he had a big game against the Chiefs in a victory? Fans will be wanting to build a statue of the guy afterwards.

Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Stefon Diggs, Jameson Williams and Devonta Smith are just some of the excellent WR's that play under 200 lbs.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
what IRKS me in all of this....

We went full contingency plan in all of this....we said..ok...we draft these TEs last year, we draft WRs, we draft RBs....good deal...we stacked depth at needed positions because we know our starters are not always 16 games a year kind of dudes....

and it all fails.... starters go down....

Purdy carried the offense throwing to the 3rd string WR, a TE that wandered in off the street and a RB we found in a box of Cracker-Jax

Ok...I better just stop....I am about start ranting again.... I am over the chase the dudes who touch the ball stuff. We got a QB that fixes the need for top flight talent at every skill position....they need to protect this QB like the season hangs in the balance. If he goes down...again.... we got issues.

Totally agree. Id build it from the inside out as well. We can get elite from LG-C-RG in a hurry in one draft. We'd still have Trent so that's basically an elite OL in one draft. You can get competition for McKivitz and even if he were to win, you could work around him at RT. We are so close but so far because of mindset/priority.

We missed that boat the last draft.

For tackle yes. But for IOL, if you use day 1 and 2 picks, it can still be done.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Perfect time to be coming back with Jennings being out. Curious how much they will use him. I am trying to tamper my expectations considering the circumstances of his return but extremely excited to actually see him play. Can you imagine if he had a big game against the Chiefs in a victory? Fans will be wanting to build a statue of the guy afterwards.

i remember the Rice MNF when he came back and was on a pitch count and dominated. then of course he was out for the year, but that's another story. he was cooking.
Swaggy
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What was this like 8 weeks ago? Approximately? How in the world man? He got shot through and through and comes out the other side. Misses all major organs, lungs, major nerves, bone. Just muscle tissue damage on both sides that healed up? He must have a adamantium skeleton. I've never heard of anything like this in my life. To be shot through and through and come back and play in 8 weeks is outrageous. Just unheard of. He's unlucky to get shot of course. But it has to be the luckiest shot of all time to miss all that and have this quick of a turn around. He's built from adamantium.

I hope for the best for him personally and hope he can help us. We could use a guy who can separate from coverage.
Call it divine intervention I wish the young man all the best and can't wait to see what he can achieve. Show us what you can do
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Stefon Diggs, Jameson Williams and Devonta Smith are just some of the excellent WR's that play under 200 lbs.

Yeah the new emphasis on safety makes it easier for these slight build guys I guess. I'm just traumatised by the injury luck the last 10 years.

Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Call it divine intervention I wish the young man all the best and can't wait to see what he can achieve. Show us what you can do

It's just really amazing. Unheard of really.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Antonio Brown, Emmanuel sanders, Zay Flowers, Garrett Wilson also come to mind as well.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
what IRKS me in all of this....

We went full contingency plan in all of this....we said..ok...we draft these TEs last year, we draft WRs, we draft RBs....good deal...we stacked depth at needed positions because we know our starters are not always 16 games a year kind of dudes....

and it all fails.... starters go down....

Purdy carried the offense throwing to the 3rd string WR, a TE that wandered in off the street and a RB we found in a box of Cracker-Jax

Ok...I better just stop....I am about start ranting again.... I am over the chase the dudes who touch the ball stuff. We got a QB that fixes the need for top flight talent at every skill position....they need to protect this QB like the season hangs in the balance. If he goes down...again.... we got issues.

Totally agree. Id build it from the inside out as well. We can get elite from LG-C-RG in a hurry in one draft. We'd still have Trent so that's basically an elite OL in one draft. You can get competition for McKivitz and even if he were to win, you could work around him at RT. We are so close but so far because of mindset/priority.

If slick Rick turns out to be a good WR, who cares. Draft good players not just positional needs.

I mean they also needed CB/RG and took that in the next two rds…overall I'd say we got a pretty good rookie draft class, guys making plays on a Super Bowl roster. That's a positive

Id still care. As would many others when the elite Dlines have their way in crunch time against us. And this is with me being a fan of the Pearsall pick (the potential of what he can do in this offense). I have no issues with our rookie class nor did I even imply that. I'm saying it won't take much for us to build an elite IOL and just work around McKivitz until better can be found. It's okay to like our rookies and think we can do better than Brendel at center.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

i remember the Rice MNF when he came back and was on a pitch count and dominated. then of course he was out for the year, but that's another story. he was cooking.

The Denver game? I have it on tape somewhere. It was the game where I believed we could still win the Super Bowl that year.
So we got our shifty slot guy active, if he plays really well against the chiefs, what happens to jennings when he gets healthy??
Share 49ersWebzone