There are 245 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What was this like 8 weeks ago? Approximately? How in the world man? He got shot through and through and comes out the other side. Misses all major organs, lungs, major nerves, bone. Just muscle tissue damage on both sides that healed up? He must have a adamantium skeleton. I've never heard of anything like this in my life. To be shot through and through and come back and play in 8 weeks is outrageous. Just unheard of. He's unlucky to get shot of course. But it has to be the luckiest shot of all time to miss all that and have this quick of a turn around. He's built from adamantium.

I hope for the best for him personally and hope he can help us. We could use a guy who can separate from coverage.

I specifically remember trying to tell you, after his injury was described, that he'd play this season. You were caught up hemming and hawing about how his year was done like a child throwing a tantrum.

I remember some fans saying he wouldn't play this season and maybe never. I guess they didn't read the info about the bullet passing right through without causing any damage to organs, muscle or bone. Many people recover from gunshot wounds that ate fr more serious than Ricky's. His biggest challenge may be the mental part but he appears to have moves on pretty well.
Consider the time period and what was known then. It was reported that he was shot in the chest. It went all the way through to the other side and exited out the back.

At first nothing was reported that it hit nothing. Missed organs, lungs, major blood vessels, major nerves, all bones. Had to be low caliber too. But I'm not sure. So apparently some muscle wall damage on the front and back. Which is bad and you wouldn't want that. But you can recover.

While is unlucky to be shot. It's got to be like 1 in a million shot. He's the luckiest person ever to be shot. Missed absolutely everything.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 19, 2024 at 10:42 AM ]
Consider the time period and what was known then. It was reported that he was shot in the chest. It went all the way through to the other side and exited out the back.

At first nothing was reported that it hit nothing. Missed organs, lungs, major blood vessels, major nerves, all bones. Had to be low caliber too. But I'm not sure. So apparently some muscle wall damage on the front and back. Which is bad and you wouldn't want that. But you can recover.

While is unlucky to be shot. It's got to be like 1 in a million shot. He's the luckiest person ever to be shot. Missed absolutely everything.

ya the articles at the time quoted medical professionals who said it was like a 1% chance

Chest shots are usually fatal and best case is something vital gets hit

He literally got away with the minimal damage possible from a gdamn gunshot wound to his chest

It was a Glock 23.
.40 cal. Crazy
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

ya the articles at the time quoted medical professionals who said it was like a 1% chance

Chest shots are usually fatal and best case is something vital gets hit

He literally got away with the minimal damage possible from a gdamn gunshot wound to his chest

It's just unbelievable. It really is. But great for him and us. Hope he can really help this team. We could use a WR who can separate.
Share 49ersWebzone