There are 918 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We need to draft a straight burner next year to open up the field. Someone that can create separation, if nothing more than to let some fly and get some of those PIs. Will help open the middle back up.
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
We need to draft a straight burner next year to open up the field. Someone that can create separation, if nothing more than to let some fly and get some of those PIs. Will help open the middle back up.

Do we draft him before or after we draft the O linemen, DBs and LBs that we need. Anyone that is super fast and can actually catch is gone early.
Originally posted by joeknows:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
"Pearsall was shot in an alleged armed robbery attempt in the Union Square area of San Francisco."

ESPN writer Nick Wagoner sucks. What an idiot.

I don't know if it's the same over there, but in the UK you have to say 'alleged' if the conviction has not yet been finalised, regardless of the circumstances. Likely this is a legal concern.

They say that here too. As I stated before I'm sure his attorney will try and plead guilty to the attempted robbery charges if they drop the attempted murder charge. I believe that the kid was trying to steal the watch but never intended on shooting Pearsall. Why would he want to kill him? He apparently had no motive for murder.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Do we draft him before or after we draft the O linemen, DBs and LBs that we need. Anyone that is super fast and can actually catch is gone early.

You can find speed in the later rounds, but it's something we have been lacking under this staff.
They say that here too. As I stated before I'm sure his attorney will try and plead guilty to the attempted robbery charges if they drop the attempted murder charge. I believe that the kid was trying to steal the watch but never intended on shooting Pearsall. Why would he want to kill him? He apparently had no motive for murder.

If someone is killed during the commission of a felony like robbery, the perpetrator can be charged with felony murder, even if they didn't intend to kill the victim. Attempted murder would be a fitting charge in this case.

If you don't wanna shoot or kill anyone, don't bring a gun, pretty simple. Guessing he gets a deal, he is being tried as a juvenile right?

We got too many WR's now. Don't give Shanahan any ideas. We need OT, C, DT, S, CB, LB much more.
Originally posted by Montana:

If someone is killed during the commission of a felony like robbery, the perpetrator can be charged with felony murder, even if they didn't intend to kill the victim. Attempted murder would be a fitting charge in this case.

If you don't wanna shoot or kill anyone, don't bring a gun, pretty simple. Guessing he gets a deal, he is being tried as a juvenile right?

I doubt many people that rob someone are going to be successful without a gun. My point is they may choose to do a plea deal instead of a trial. It's obvious he committed armed robbery. The shooting part is a little harder since Ricky attempted to take the gun away from him and the gun was fired during the struggle. I'm not excusing the kid at all but Ricky shouldn't have tried to disarm him. Give up the watch. You make enough to buy another one and if he has insurance it would have been covered. Not worth getting shot.

I speak from experience. I nearly tried to disarm someone robbing me but I realized it wouldn't end well.

I doubt many people that rob someone are going to be successful without a gun. My point is they may choose to do a plea deal instead of a trial. It's obvious he committed armed robbery. The shooting part is a little harder since Ricky attempted to take the gun away from him and the gun was fired during the struggle. I'm not excusing the kid at all but Ricky shouldn't have tried to disarm him. Give up the watch. You make enough to buy another one and if he has insurance it would have been covered. Not worth getting shot.

I speak from experience. I nearly tried to disarm someone robbing me but I realized it wouldn't end well.

The best crooks I've ever met, or read about, never used a gun. Doing armed robberies just shows how dumb of a criminal someone is.

break into houses when no one is home. Or anything like that, guaranteed no one gets hurt. There was a guy who robbed dozens of jewelry stores up and down the east coast and used a fake gun every time. No one could have ever got hurt from a shot.

point is, don't ever pull a gun if you're not serious about using it - that's exactly how the gov will play it. Doesn't matter if the kid meant to pull the trigger or not - he did and both are extremely lucky no one was killed.

Idk if the kid is remorseful or if he will turn his life around - but odds are he is looking 35-45 years in prison. And Cali state prison is one of the worst, he will be in a max for a violent crime. Just about the worst place you can if you're in state prisons - Cali state prison.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Oct 20, 2024 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:

The best crooks I've ever met, or read about, never used a gun. Doing armed robberies just shows how dumb of a criminal someone is.

break into houses when no one is home. Or anything like that, guaranteed no one gets hurt. There was a guy who robbed dozens of jewelry stores up and down the east coast and used a fake gun every time. No one could have ever got hurt from a shot.

point is, don't ever pull a gun if you're not serious about using it - that's exactly how the gov will play it. Doesn't matter if the kid meant to pull the trigger or not - he did and both are extremely lucky no one was killed.

Idk if the kid is remorseful or if he will turn his life around - but odds are he is looking 35-45 years in prison. And Cali state prison is one of the worst, he will be in a max for a violent crime. Just about the worst place you can if you're in state prisons - Cali state prison.

They filed multiple charges against him. This is often done for many crimes. They know going in that some are going to be hard to prove to a jury but they can use them when plea bargaining. Under California law one of the elements of attempted murder is proving that it was the perps intent to kill the victim. That's where this case would get sticky. Proving he was attempting to rob him is pretty cut and dry.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 20, 2024 at 10:32 AM ]

Well, it is easy to criticize someone after the fact, ppl tend to do this quite a bit and and sometimes it is a pet peeve of mine. You weren't in his shoes or experienced the exact things he did in that moment, in those circumstances. The important thing is, he survived and that jerk is in jail...I really doubt he gets 30 yrs lol. No way.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Purdy to Pearsall does have a nice ring to it!!!

Coming soon!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Coming soon!!!

I can't wait. Easy as she goes though. No need to rush game one. I don't even think I'd put him in returns just yet. Anxious to see Kyle's game plan.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Coming soon!!!

I can't wait. Easy as she goes though. No need to rush game one. I don't even think I'd put him in returns just yet. Anxious to see Kyle's game plan.

Oh I'm just talking about the future!!!
Why does it say Ricky is questionable with "CHEST" ?? If he's still having issues why play him?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Why does it say Ricky is questionable with "CHEST" ?? If he's still having issues why play him?

There is no probable only questionable status now.
Share 49ersWebzone