There are 271 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Heroism:

Maybe he's going to be good.

Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
It worse than I thought

"Ricky Pearsall is a vertical slot receiver with the speed and ball skills to be a weapon.

Pearsall is on the skinnier side at 6'0⅞" and 193 pounds, which is why Florida often deployed him from the slot and put him in motion. The Gators did their best to keep hands off Pearsall at the line of scrimmage."

So Pearsall is one inch taller and 7 lbs lighter than Aiyuk.
With an NFL weight program he will soon be 6'1" 200 lbs so he will be bigger than Aiyuk soon
[ Edited by maxsmart on Apr 25, 2024 at 11:14 PM ]
Only a 3% drop rate that they say is good? Seems like he has sticky hands.
just saw that Bill Belicheck predicted us taking Pearsall right before the pick was made. That dude is insanely smart
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
just saw that Bill Belicheck predicted us taking Pearsall right before the pick was made. That dude is insanely smart

Dude just got off the phone with Shanahan right before the pick. lol
BA says it's a fire pick, he's smart, quick--can't wait to see the Shanna-nigans that are coming.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I love Pearsall, I gave him a gold helmet grade. That said, I did not expect him to go in the 1st. Was thinking R2-R3. Oh well. If it works out, it won't matter.

Pearsall is a better returner than most of the guys left in this class.

He has better hands than the majority of the guys left.

He is better on his routes than Legette.

He doesn't have the injury history of McConkey who missed several games with a back injury last year.

He was a captain and leader. He didn't take plays off (a knock noted on Adonai Mitchell).

I don't know if he was the BPA, but he was the best WR still on the board with arguably the lowest floor.

Great points, but I still don't like the pick. Which means he'll probably be all pro.
does he get #1?

4:04:50

Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Theres multiple rounds weren't you aware?

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
So many people are overthinking here.

Does he get open? Yes.
Does he get YAC? Yes.
Does he have a diverse route tree? Yes.
Does he have great hands? Yes.
Does he have good size? Yes.
Does he have elite athleticism? Yes.

What exactly are yall complaining about?

Because we have greater needs.
Good thing we have multiple picks.
In the first round?
Theres multiple rounds weren't you aware?

I wasn't aware that the talent level was the same in each. Good to know.
plenty of talent spread through out the draft alot of the 49ers best players were acquired outside of the first round.

lol- exscty! Because we continue to blow first round picks like this one!
blowing first round picks has no bearing on the likes of Kittle,Deebo,Warner & Greenlaws talent level.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Originally posted by niners94:
Watched all passes towards him last year in a video. His best games looked to be against LSU and Missouri. Overall I'm not impressed though.

I wanted to get hyped about him but the more I watch the less impressed I am.

Don't get me wrong because I think he is a good player but he is a slot receiver on a 2-receiver offense and he is too small to beat press-coverage.

He wasn't a 1st rounder and this was a reach as big as the one for Moody.

He's not too small to beat any coverage. He can play on the outside just as well as in the slot. Within a year he will be a number two receiver. Possibly even tomorrow.
Originally posted by Heroism:
His age is definitely a con but also a pro. He's ready to go day 1. His route running is advanced and shows years of honed craft...

On the con side: he's going to be almost 30 when it's time for his first contract.

I could be wrong on this, there is a very high chance I am misremembering this...but I think I had read that an older player will cost "less" during his peak physical years then a younger player of equal quality.

It was something having to do with normal contract lengths and extensions pushing more controlled money into a players physical peak

maybe I am thinking of basketball...who knows...well....somebody knows...is there any silver lining from a money stand point? Outside of simply not paying someone to sit on the bench for 2 years before they finish puberty?
I like the pick bc I think he fits the offense perfectly. He's good at things Kyle wants and that's sometimes is more important than pure talent.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
So Brock Purdy and Ricky Pearsall were friends and teammates in high school?

*Nevermind*

I know you played close to where QB Brock Purdy played high school ball in Perry, do you know Brock? Did you face him? Have you had any conversations, any relationship with Brock?

"Yeah, I guess I'll be the first to admit it. We played each other. I think he put 70 on my team. So, he is a hell of a player. I remember him for sure because he was in the end zone a lot and threw a lot of touchdowns. So, I'm excited to play with him this time."
[ Edited by Kolohe on Apr 25, 2024 at 11:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone