Originally posted by tankle104:
Julian Edelman 2.0

Edelman didn't have this athleticism.

Here comes all the white WR comps.

He kind of reminds me of Adam Thielen.

THIS

Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Catches damn near errything. He's a "workhorse" with speed. At 24 he's mature. He could be ready to pillage dat azz, especially if moist
SOLD

If he becomes better than Ray Ray as KR and PR, and solidify himself as the no. 2/3 WR, it's a successful 1st rd draft for me. Drafting at 31 is like drafting in the 2nd rd already, anyway.
Originally posted by Heroism:
His age is definitely a con but also a pro. He's ready to go day 1. His route running is advanced and shows years of honed craft...

On the con side: he's going to be almost 30 when it's time for his first contract.

Then we got a guy entering his prime on a rookie deal.

Dude is gonna ball from the get-go, I can feel it.

Stroud loves him. His tape is insane. I'm sold.
Not Not very

I just hope they bring in OT and Center/Guard with these next 5 picks
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I love Pearsall, I gave him a gold helmet grade. That said, I did not expect him to go in the 1st. Was thinking R2-R3. Oh well. If it works out, it won't matter.

Pearsall is a better returner than most of the guys left in this class.

He has better hands than the majority of the guys left.

He is better on his routes than Legette.

He doesn't have the injury history of McConkey who missed several games with a back injury last year.

He was a captain and leader. He didn't take plays off (a knock noted on Adonai Mitchell).

I don't know if he was the BPA, but he was the best WR still on the board with arguably the lowest floor.

Great points, but I still don't like the pick. Which means he'll probably be all pro.

This is a great pick because he's going to have a role THIS year as we are in the midst of another Super Bowl run and he is gonna contribute right now for us in a similar manner as Puka Nakua. Sure he won't get the touches but in expecting he can a similar efficiency when he's targeted. Plus he can help us on returns as well. Brock is gonna have so much fun!
BYE b!tch (Gray / Bell)
I think the press conference said it all. Shanny talking about needs and some being for certain packages, and then looking at needs over 3-5 years. I think the WR core stays this year, and nobody gets traded tomorrow. Next offseason we trade Deebo, and keep Aiyuk long term. There really isn't much benefit to trading Deebo now, and only saying like 6 mil. But he just isn't worth 25 million+ a season, and he doesn't fit here like he used to. Deebo was great for someone like Jimmy G, he could dump it off and let Deebo do most of the work with RAC. It covered up some of Jimmy's limitations. Things that aren't an issue now with Purdy. The whole "wideback" thing was really to get some explosive plays out of the backfield - plays that were gone since Mostert left. We've got that now with CMC, so we're good. Now when Deebo goes in the backfield, it's pretty much telling the defense what's coming - it just doesn't work as well anymore. Plus the injuries, and we saw how he struggled to get open against good coverage in the Super Bowl. Pearsall with his route running, very well could be better for Purdy than Deebo.

That being said, we could be looking at a similar contract/cap issue with Ward next season. And with Kool-Aid on the board, I think he made a lot more sense - and could contribute much more THIS season. But my choice would have been to make that trade with Buffalo, and move up to take Tyler Guyton at 28. After Barton got drafted (and Darius Robinson, who I liked a lot) Guyton was the last big impact tackle there - and KNEW Dallas was going to take him!
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I won't lie, I'm really surprised by this choice. But look it's the 31th pick, it's really hard to know what you will get at this pick so let's see what Ricky Pearsall can do. I think he fits really well what the team wants to do offensively and Brock Purdy's skillset. And who knows if he's only a slot guy. There's a lot of star receveirs in the league that were only seen as future slot guys or at best WR2. I remember people saying that Justin Jefferson couldn't play outside. I remember people doubting AJ Brown's ability to be a true WR1. Hell Aiyuk was seen by a lot of experts before the draft as a WR2 at best and he's an All Pro now. I just hope that Kyle has learned from the Dante Pettis experience. Pearsall is a surprising choice because nobody had him at this spot but he was still seen as a top 50 pick at the very least. You could say the Niners could have trade down, that I agree, yes. At least they didn't trade up. But the player is talented, super athletic and fits what the team wants to do. IMHO, it's better than drafting the last good OT on the board that would barely beat Colton McKivitz for the starting RT spot.
Last thing, I believe this choice is more about Jennings and even Deebo than Aiyuk.
[ Edited by pdc20 on Apr 26, 2024 at 12:36 AM ]
The Niners under Kyle have never really had that true slot receiver. It's basically what he used Kittle for. I think Kyle might feel he needs to adjust his offense and add to it to make it more dangerous and less predictable. Jalen Hurd was suppose to be that guy and Trent Taylor was somewhat it I guess.

Maybe Pearsall will out perform Worthy and we will fiinally beat the Chiefs at something.
His age isn't a big deal at all. Oh no, he might play 13 years instead of 15 years.
I hope he's good at quick slants and bubble screens because without a fu*ing offensive line that's all we'll have time for.
Share 49ersWebzone