There are 256 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Roller Coaster is already going full speed
It's a bit of a reach but I guess if you look at the future we know Deebo or Aiyuk will not be here in 2025. I think they were looking at the future more than anything.

All the tackles were gone by 31 but I think I'd rather have Cooper Lejean of Kool Aid than Ricky.

Oh well we'll find out in a couple years if this was the right move.
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
No one wanted him in the first. He is if lucky worth a day 3 pick. The 49ers should have traded out of the first so they could save cap space. There was no one worth the pick. 49ers were just stupid and now we are stuck with a punt returner at best.

Day 3? Nah he was a top 50 pick
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Route running and agility at a premium I guess.

and blocking

full video lol.

kid can ball.
Hope Kyle is right, he's very similar to Pettis in every way, but with better work ethic and toughness. We'll see!
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Buffalo wanted him as well and that's why they then traded out of the 1st after we drafted him. We also got the 5th year option with taking him in the 1st and that could be very beneficial when WR's will be making at least 50 million a year by the time he's eligible for an extension.

No one wanted him in the first. He is if lucky worth a day 3 pick. The 49ers should have traded out of the first so they could save cap space. There was no one worth the pick. 49ers were just stupid and now we are stuck with a punt returner at best.

STFU you work in the NFL to know this? If you're so smart better than the guys who do this why aren't you in a front office
Well should of known that the Real Draft doesn't start until after round 3 for the 49ers. Seems like they throw darts at a wall to make picks in the first 3 rounds.
24 years old already? Geeez
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Meh. Will wait and see how he plays on the field. Not overly excited about this pick. Probably could have got him a little later if they wanted. Dude makes one one handed catch and that makes him great. Waaaat.
[ Edited by bud49 on Apr 26, 2024 at 4:50 AM ]

Works middle of field, polished, exact route runner, knows where the holes in zone are, good hands……clearly this is a Brock Purdy pick who plays with anticipation. And accuracy.

Most times fit is more important than ceiling
Originally posted by Stanley:
Works middle of field, polished, exact route runner, knows where the holes in zone are, good hands……clearly this is a Brock Purdy pick who plays with anticipation. And accuracy.

Most times fit is more important than ceiling

So should we assume when we face a defense like Baltimore and Kc he will get locked down just like the other fits?
Really happy with the pick.

Was worried we would reach for an O Lineman.

A lot to like. Productive in SEC. Blocks. Athletic. Strong route runner. Great hands. Highly impressive Senior Bowl.

He has a chance to really contribute as a rookie I feel.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Just hope they get Brock some more help on the O line. Hard to throw the ball to any WR when he's running for his life or on his back.
I will say I was surprised at the pick. Thought they would g DB since next year two of our DBs will FA. However, unlike others I am not a drama queen. Things like comparing him to Pettis. If you mean his build ok, yeah. Looking at the video though, he is not one that shies away from contact, he is not one that short arms it, even though his qb at Florida hung him out to dry so F'n many times.

While he is not 6'2 or bigger, ain't small either at 6'1" and can pick up some weight with a good training regimen. Bell and Gray are not the answer plus Ray Ray is gone and after this year so is Jennings. He will stretch the field, which is what Gray was supposed to do, but didn't. Not only that Kyle and Lynch also like the fact that he will block-which is what the niners want from their wrs which is why Pettis and the others got in the doghouse. With Deebo serving as decoy, could also be used as the guy for jet sweeps. He is probably going to be what they wanted from Gray a stretch the field guy. Which is what they ended up using Ray Ray for, plus with the new rules for kick offs, expect a lot of ST, including punt returns.

Oh judging by his grade from various boards he was not a day three pick.

This is just one of those picks where people get mad the niners didn't pick who people thought they should because of everything they read. Everybody always like to use value for the pick which is based what a lot of non football people like Kiper do, but don't consider if the pick fits the niners. Time will tell-but I have a feeling even if he turns out worth the value or better, people are going to say, BUT because they hate being wrong/shunned of their opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone