There are 275 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Stanley:
Works middle of field, polished, exact route runner, knows where the holes in zone are, good hands……clearly this is a Brock Purdy pick who plays with anticipation. And accuracy.

Most times fit is more important than ceiling

So should we assume when we face a defense like Baltimore and Kc he will get locked down just like the other fits?

That's on Shanahan and the coaches to do a better job of game planning, but also the players executing.
we should trade him for anything we can get maybe a 2025 4th or 5th would be all we can get for him but it is better than wasting the money and roster spot on this bust
  • titan
  • Veteran
This dude is an athlete and tough. I watch some Gators in the SEC. I just didn't see him being drafted by us.
Not sure who he will be replacing, but I'm sure it will either be Deebo or Aiyuk next year if it all works out.
I am curious on Ricky Bell's development this upcoming season. I would just have to see a 1st Rd WR to sit on the bench.
I'm just happy they didn't draft another soft ass player from the PAC 12
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
This team cannot draft in the first 3 rounds. This is pathetic.

I wanted tackle. But, Shanahan knows WR's. He knows how to pick them. He knows how to develop them. Gotta trust the man.

Bell gray? I don't trust him.
I absolutely barfed when this pick was made but honestly the more I look at it, the more I actually kinda like it. I get strong Cooper Kupp vibes.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
Really happy with the pick.

Was worried we would reach for an O Lineman.

A lot to like. Productive in SEC. Blocks. Athletic. Strong route runner. Great hands. Highly impressive Senior Bowl.

He has a chance to really contribute as a rookie I feel.

He better or else I blame Kyle and John and not the player himself. I'm tired of drafting WRs like Gray and Bell and they never played a significant snap. I get it they were rookies, but nothing? Other teams rookies contribute somewhat. To me those were botched picks.

I will be cautiously optimistic because I love this team but please God be a good pick.
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I love Pearsall, I gave him a gold helmet grade. That said, I did not expect him to go in the 1st. Was thinking R2-R3. Oh well. If it works out, it won't matter.

Pearsall is a better returner than most of the guys left in this class.

He has better hands than the majority of the guys left.

He is better on his routes than Legette.

He doesn't have the injury history of McConkey who missed several games with a back injury last year.

He was a captain and leader. He didn't take plays off (a knock noted on Adonai Mitchell).

I don't know if he was the BPA, but he was the best WR still on the board with arguably the lowest floor.

This is definitely not an AJ Jenkins type of pick. Jenkins showed nothing on tape to warrant consideration of going anywhere in even the first three rounds.

Pearsall has the routes, blocking, speed/explosiveness, return ability, attitude/character/work ethic to succeed here. He has some similarities to Puka. I thought he would make it to round two, but then again, after saying all he does out loud, I realize I'm describing a complete receiver.

Look at CJ Stroud's reaction.

I think it's highly unlikely that Deebo returns in 2025. He's getting hurt more often, and we need the depth.

I do think DT Johnny Newton was probably the bpa, but he is a 3T and we are overloaded there. We need a 2i run plugger more, so maybe we didn't put as high a value on him.
Love using 1st round picks on red shirt players
The Chiefs offense line was the most penalized unit in the entire league. The 49ers have 2 more Super Bowl trophies if they call holding in those 2 games. They didn't and we lost. Let's not act like the Chiefs have some great offensive line.

Originally posted by Silky:
He better or else I blame Kyle and John and not the player himself. I'm tired of drafting WRs like Gray and Bell and they never played a significant snap. I get it they were rookies, but nothing? Other teams rookies contribute somewhat. To me those were botched picks.

I will be cautiously optimistic because I love this team but please God be a good pick.

Bell has had one season as a 7th round pick. Seems a bit extreme to be too upset.

We've also drafted Aiyuk, Deebo and Jennings etc.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Kyle is probally going to have this guy fed like crazy next season because he knows people are questioning the pick.

I doubt he'll even see much playing time as a rookie. Seems like a wasted pick considering we have more Important needs.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Bill Bilichick 👀
[ Edited by jimrat on Apr 26, 2024 at 5:55 AM ]
Originally posted by raywm3:
I absolutely barfed when this pick was made but honestly the more I look at it, the more I actually kinda like it. I get strong Cooper Kupp vibes.

Kupp/Thielen.
Can't say I love the pick but I love the player.

I also said going into this draft and any future drafts that I will not overreact one way or another. I have my preferences like anyone else but end of the day I fully understand draft predictions don't mean jack and the proof will be in the pudding.

Our QB is Mr Irrelevant and our roster is filled with stud players we've landed in the middle rounds. Who cares if the team reached. All I care about is the guys are good players on this team.

Today won't answer that. We'll see once the games start. Just get better. All I ask.
Share 49ersWebzone