There are 274 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not crazy about the pick but you never can tell how they will do in the nfl. Could be a great pick up or another wasted first round. Kyle will not play him and we will forget we drafted him.
ALL of these players are good. It's fit that matters.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
24 years old already? Geeez

Yeah, and they have him through his prime years so don't have to worry about a huge extension if he works out.
If there is anything I've learned after following the 49ers my entire life - WE HAVE NO EFFIN IDEA HOW SOMEONE WILL TURN OUT. Lol let's just hope for the best and enjoy the ride. Seems like a great talent for the pros but was unexpected.
Originally posted by genus49:
Can't say I love the pick but I love the player.

I also said going into this draft and any future drafts that I will not overreact one way or another. I have my preferences like anyone else but end of the day I fully understand draft predictions don't mean jack and the proof will be in the pudding.

Our QB is Mr Irrelevant and our roster is filled with stud players we've landed in the middle rounds. Who cares if the team reached. All I care about is the guys are good players on this team.

Today won't answer that. We'll see once the games start. Just get better. All I ask.

This. Also.....

Predictions and mock drafts dont mean s**t. Guys like Mel Kiper and other analyst/basement GMs seem to know when a team reaches for player? Do they have access to everyone's big board. The mocks and predictions are fun and help pass the time in the off season but that's about it.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Apr 26, 2024 at 6:20 AM ]
Kyle: "If I were a good WR, this is what I would have looked like. I'm drafting myself."
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Kyle: "If I were a good WR, this is what I would have looked like. I'm drafting myself."

Think Cooper Kupp and Puka Nacua. Kyle and McVay always steal from one another.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Think Cooper Kupp and Puka Nacua. Kyle and McVay always steal from one another.

Yeah but those guys got picked at later rounds.

I like Pearsall...just with JPJ and Kool Aid weren't there at the time....
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
Originally posted by Silky:
He better or else I blame Kyle and John and not the player himself. I'm tired of drafting WRs like Gray and Bell and they never played a significant snap. I get it they were rookies, but nothing? Other teams rookies contribute somewhat. To me those were botched picks.

I will be cautiously optimistic because I love this team but please God be a good pick.

Bell has had one season as a 7th round pick. Seems a bit extreme to be too upset.

We've also drafted Aiyuk, Deebo and Jennings etc.

Yea that's true but this forum always likes to tout our own players and get me all excited. Some people were saying we got rounds 3-5 quality at round 7 with Bell. I'm just tired of the throw away picks and I was only emphasizing WRs. We missed at so many other positions too.

I am now changing my tune towards Pearstall because it would be unfair to judge a player I hardly know. I am going to be excited and act like the FO knows what they are doing because life is too short for the alternative.
[ Edited by Silky on Apr 26, 2024 at 6:56 AM ]
Let's just get to their last pick in the draft so we know who the superstar will be....
My concern with RP is how does he do against press man coverage. Every highlight the guy is either in the slot or coming off a stacked formation on the outside creating separation. I'm not seeing this guy line up and beating any tough coverages. Not saying he can't do it but you just don't see it much on his highlights. Hopefully he will on the next level if need be. His route running and how he comes in and outs of breaks is really smooth. I can see him taking some of Deebo's end around's, and sweeps this year.
Share 49ersWebzone