There are 333 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He'll be our returner until he muffs or fumbles lmao
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
My concern with RP is how does he do against press man coverage. Every highlight the guy is either in the slot or coming off a stacked formation on the outside creating separation. I'm not seeing this guy line up and beating any tough coverages. Not saying he can't do it but you just don't see it much on his highlights. Hopefully he will on the next level if need be. His route running and how he comes in and outs of breaks is really smooth. I can see him taking some of Deebo's end around's, and sweeps this year.

He can beat man. Great route runner and get out of breaks quick
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Yeah but those guys got picked at later rounds.
Why is this relevant?
If he plays, people will say it's a great pick for a loaded team.

that's not how you judge picks. It's about opportunity cost. Who else is there?

we rave about picking a damn punter in the 4th round cause he plays. But who was picked right after?

Max Crosby
CJ Gardner-Johnson.

we picked a WR4 who can maybe work up to WR2 in a couple years. Not bad.

still don't like our DL that gets run on. Still don't like our OL that can't pass block when it matters. Still don't like our future 3rd round pick at RB that's coming up.

we do great things then do obvious bad things. This team really is a conundrum. Never does the obvious good thing like, I don't know… my pick woulda been Adonai Mitchell. I guess we'll find out in a few years.

we never take the tall good WR… wanted AJ brown badly but passed. Kyle only like small WRs and yes 6'1" is small.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Theres multiple rounds weren't you aware?

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
So many people are overthinking here.

Does he get open? Yes.
Does he get YAC? Yes.
Does he have a diverse route tree? Yes.
Does he have great hands? Yes.
Does he have good size? Yes.
Does he have elite athleticism? Yes.

What exactly are yall complaining about?

Because we have greater needs.
Good thing we have multiple picks.
In the first round?

I wasn't aware that the talent level was the same in each. Good to know.
plenty of talent spread through out the draft alot of the 49ers best players were acquired outside of the first round.

lol- exscty! Because we continue to blow first round picks like this one!
blowing first round picks has no bearing on the likes of Kittle,Deebo,Warner & Greenlaws talent level.

Bro, you keep missing my point. The poster above asked why people were complaining and I mentioned it was because we have greater needs, like CB for example, than WR at that spot. There were two good corners sitting there yet we passed. Thanks for the info on additional rounds, but the way this typically works is that guys are better earlier, so it's more of a crapshoot generally later. So we were more assured a better talent at a more needed position. Now do you get it?
Outstanding pick. My favorite receiver in this draft not named Marvin or Malik. His athletic profile is outstanding. His ability to high point the ball and make acrobatic "Houdini" catches sets him apart from every receiver in this draft. His transitional speed is tremendous. He is going to thrive in Kyle's offense and become Brock Purdy's best friend on 3rd downs. Go 49ers!!!
You'd think they would have drafted someone who could have helped us out this year since our time to win a super bowl is now. Strange pick to say the least.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
You'd think they would have drafted someone who could have helped us out this year since our time to win a super bowl is now. Strange pick to say the least.

19 catches
15 catches
6 catches
3 catches

Our backup WR stats after Deebo and Aiyuk. Pearsall have to show up as Julio, to snatch targets from those 2. Unless we trade one of the 2 later today of course
[ Edited by Predator85 on Apr 26, 2024 at 7:36 AM ]
Originally posted by OCT111981:
Outstanding pick. My favorite receiver in this draft not named Marvin or Malik. His athletic profile is outstanding. His ability to high point the ball and make acrobatic "Houdini" catches sets him apart from every receiver in this draft. His transitional speed is tremendous. He is going to thrive in Kyle's offense and become Brock Purdy's best friend on 3rd downs. Go 49ers!!!

JJ is feeling sads now :(

But shiot, let's give Brock another half second in pass pro and good luck covering both JJ and RP on third downs with CMC, Kittle, Deebo/Aiyuk lurking.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
So all this negative commentary by pundits and the like. wonder what they said about Puka last year.

was Puka a first rounder ? Puka was taken in the fifth round.

Yeah, well aware.. Not my point. So because he's a fifth rounder, there's no scouting report on him? Got it.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
He'll be our returner until he muffs or fumbles lmao

Did he handle kr/pr duties in college?

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
So many people are overthinking here.

Does he get open? Yes.
Does he get YAC? Yes.
Does he have a diverse route tree? Yes.
Does he have great hands? Yes.
Does he have good size? Yes.
Does he have elite athleticism? Yes.

What exactly are yall complaining about?

Because we have greater needs.
Good thing we have multiple picks.
In the first round?

I wasn't aware that the talent level was the same in each. Good to know.
plenty of talent spread through out the draft alot of the 49ers best players were acquired outside of the first round.

lol- exscty! Because we continue to blow first round picks like this one!
blowing first round picks has no bearing on the likes of Kittle,Deebo,Warner & Greenlaws talent level.

Bro, you keep missing my point. The poster above asked why people were complaining and I mentioned it was because we have greater needs, like CB for example, than WR at that spot. There were two good corners sitting there yet we passed. Thanks for the info on additional rounds, but the way this typically works is that guys are better earlier, so it's more of a crapshoot generally later. So we were more assured a better talent at a more needed position. Now do you get it?

Bro, you keep missing my point. The poster above asked why people were complaining and I mentioned it was because we have greater needs, like CB for example, than WR at that spot. There were two good corners sitting there yet we passed. Thanks for the info on additional rounds, but the way this typically works is that guys are better earlier, so it's more of a crapshoot generally later. So we were more assured a better talent at a more needed position. Now do you get
I'm not missing anything the draft from the get go is a crapshoot there's no more assurances the two corners you mention won't be complete busts or that guys taken much later won't be far superior to them now do you get it?

And they absolutely have a valid need at WR whether or not the need at CB is greater is debatable.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by lamontb:
My concern with RP is how does he do against press man coverage. Every highlight the guy is either in the slot or coming off a stacked formation on the outside creating separation. I'm not seeing this guy line up and beating any tough coverages. Not saying he can't do it but you just don't see it much on his highlights. Hopefully he will on the next level if need be. His route running and how he comes in and outs of breaks is really smooth. I can see him taking some of Deebo's end around's, and sweeps this year.

He can beat man. Great route runner and get out of breaks quick

I hope so bro, but on 99% of his highlights the guy has a free release and is never touched by the DB. I can't say I've watched his actual tape and a ton of Florida games. So I'll have to wait and see how that plays out in the NFL. .
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Guys keep saying he was a second rounder. We picked at 31. Its basically a 2nd round pick. This board knows very little about evaluating talent. This board loved Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster. You guys act like we passed on Marvin Harrison for Pearsall.

Thank you.....

I'm tired of reading too much negativity.

At best very few people on here (and I mean very very few) can possibly talk with any level of authority on this pick.

Now just saw the CJ Stroud reaction, and I happened to catch a rival board or two not happy we got Pearsall. The hilarious thing is I saw all that BEFORE coming to this thread, and I f**king knew this thread wouldn't disappoint.
I'm not missing anything the draft from the get go is a crapshoot there's no more assurances the two corners you mention won't be complete busts or that guys taken much later won't be far superior to them now do you get it?

And they absolutely have a valid need at WR whether or not the need at CB is greater is debatable.

IMO, that's the biggest issue with the draft turning into the spectacle that it has become

Way to many people take the words from Kiper, McShay and other draft "experts" as gospel, and then get pissed when their team doesn't draft the way they want them to, based on what the "experts" said.

The draft is a gamble, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and at worst, you break even.
[ Edited by linkboy on Apr 26, 2024 at 7:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone