There are 349 users in the forums

SWB Ricky Pearsall-WR-Florida; 31st Pick 2024 Draft - NO politics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
You sure how about that, Worthy was invited to a top 30 visit and talked to at the Combine. Sure that doesn't mean anything now, but you have to wonder why the Chiefs only jumped up three spots all of a sudden?

Well if KC did that to block the 49ers then they saved Kyle from himself. Worthy would have been another really weird pick that doesn't make a lot of sense in this offense.
Man what a REACH
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I said the same thing, and guess what, no one got the pick right. The only one who Mocked it correctly was Bill Belichick. Shanahan straight up went against the grain, which is another reason I think Worthy would've been the pick, he's never had that type of speed on this offense before. And you think the Chiefs traded up to 28 and didn't consider all the things you've mentioned. They just drafted a WR that can only run straight, you arm chair GM's need to do better.

Weird that one of the teams most in need of a field stretching WR passed on him and basically gave him to the Chiefs. All you arm chair GMs need to do better!

Watch Worthy burning the Bills in the playoffs. Big lolz will happen
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Man what a REACH

Cosell mentioned Pearsall as our selection on KNBR the day of the draft, he said he's all ball and a SF kind of guy, so as soon as the pick came in it made sense to me
He was 47 on the consensus big board. He was a reach for sure but the more i see fans complainand pout the more i like the pick.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Adding Pearsall and Trent Taylor is a sign Kyle misses the "quick guys that create separation" WR core.
We moved to the "YAC Bros" WR squad because our QB had a quick release but couldn't throw deep.

We all know Shanahan must be a little envious of what McVay is doing with all those little guys.
Originally posted by miked1978:
He was 47 on the consensus big board. He was a reach for sure but the more i see fans complainand pout the more i like the pick.

to me this isn't a reach, when your next pick is 63
how are you gonna get #47 at 63?
and btw if you like him and have a round 1 grade, most likely another team does and he goes 33 or who knows where..
Didn't see the Pearsall pick coming at all but liking it more and more in thinking how he can really be a valuable piece in this offense with his unique skillset in getting open and at a position where the group is pretty thin outside of the big three.
Man what a REACH

Probably about 10 picks too high
  • thl408
Originally posted by miked1978:

But is a "reach" of 16 draft slots really a reach? The 49ers next selection was at #63.

I think it was Pearsall NO MATTER WHAT. The 49ers met with him only in the "speed dating" portion of the combine, they are known for the secrecy during the draft process. I don't think it was ever O line, or Worthy, etc. Pearsall is the kind of guy this regime covets, and they've proved that they don't care about any of the "mock draft" type picks.
The more i read about Pearsall, the more I like the pick. I'll always be upset they didn't draft JPJ; I think a center like that would anchor the line for a decade, but I will trust the process with Kyle and John . Let's see how day 2 goes. NO KICKERS OR PUNTERS
Originally posted by thl408:
But is a "reach" of 16 draft slots really a reach? The 49ers next selection was at #63.

This. And maybe he would have only lasted 5-10 more picks after the Niners' pick at 31. Not a reach at all in that case.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PNbWSgId8XQ
Originally posted by All22:
Adding Pearsall and Trent Taylor is a sign Kyle misses the "quick guys that create separation" WR core.
We moved to the "YAC Bros" WR squad because our QB had a quick release but couldn't throw deep.

We all know Shanahan must be a little envious of what McVay is doing with all those little guys.

Both Cupp and Nacua are 6'2".
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Man what a REACH

Cosell mentioned Pearsall as our selection on KNBR the day of the draft, he said he's all ball and a SF kind of guy, so as soon as the pick came in it made sense to me

I live in Florida and watched him basically every week. We got ourselves a damn good football player and cant wait to see him in the red and gold.
Share 49ersWebzone